• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rotting fruit, spoiled vegetables: How Texas just made the supply chain even worse

I wonder how "down" Republicans would be with Democrats taking the country's economy hostage until the country pays more attention to the January 6 hearings or voter suppression. My guess is they would suddenly remember that hostage takers are normally considered the bad guys.

Of course, the completely predictable response to this is "But Cardinal, Democrats are taking the country's economy hostage lolol1!"

You have no reason for saying that, so be quiet. Democrats didn't...say...deliberately hold up trade in order to drive up inflation in order to hurt Republicans in the midterms.
Please tell us about this piss poor economy under Biden. Biden is putting people in the poor house most everyday.

Please tell us about this piss poor economy under Biden. Biden is putting people in the poor house most everyday.
im-475984

FNBxlIAWQAAZqjd

Do you any doubt as to what the Mexican truckers (participating in the blockade) were protesting?
No. It's clear they are willing to bring cross border traffic to a standstill to protest Abbott's actions.

But we need to be honest about this and place the blame for the standstill on the people who decided to block the roads. Abbott didn't block the roads. He did add to the time it takes to move across the border, but trucks are still moving.

On the other hand, I'm supposing that even in Mexico it's against the law to block roads. Perhaps the Mexican government should be held accountable for allowing those Mexican truckers to block the roads for days on end.

I'm sure there are measures to try before that's necessary. Perhaps the governor can be convinced to stop blocking international trade by other means.
Abbott isn't blocking international trade...the Mexican truckers are doing that.

OMG! It took about a week (of disrupted truck traffic) for Abbott to get the bordering Mexican states to agree to help reduce the volume of the cartel‘s illegal cross border activity.

Its a show. a spectacle. It means nothing.

How much cartel illegal crossing border activity did he expose. lol!

There is no boarder problem!

Its a fake boogie man.

Good ****in grief.

It has people paying more attention to inflation now, and not in a way that Republicans like, I'm sure.

So, it’s Mexican truckers insisting that Texas inspect their trucks creating lines miles long? At least own up to the policy that Abbott created.
I already explained that Abbott's actions are not preventing cross border traffic. His actions have only delayed the traffic. The people actually preventing cross border traffic are the Mexican truckers who are blocking the roads.

I already explained that Abbott's actions are not preventing cross border traffic. His actions have only delayed the traffic. The people actually preventing cross border traffic are the Mexican truckers who are blocking the roads.
Abbott has “delayed’ so well that the traffic has slowed to a crawl. You could walk the goods faster…….

Abbott has “delayed’ so well that the traffic has slowed to a crawl. You could walk the goods faster…….
Again...delaying is not stopping. The Mexican truckers are stopping...not Abbott.

Looks like everybody's produce is about to get more expensive. It's not every day that an American politician can take the blame for being single handled responsible for inflation, but Governor Abbot pulled it off.

This is what Republicans with power looks like.

A weeklong protest by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott against President Biden's recent immigration policy reached a resolution on Friday, but the gridlock it created has resulted in hundreds of millions of lost dollars and delays in shipments of everything from avocados to automobile parts that will have a longer-term impact.

On Friday, Abbott reversed course on an order he put in place last week that required lengthier "enhanced safety inspections" of commercial vehicles entering Texas. The efforts, he said, were to help stop the flow of illegal contraband and human trafficking.

Abbott's move, which Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller criticized as "political theater," ultimately created a logjam of trucks between the US and its largest goods trading partner. Vegetable producers say their produce is spoiling in idling trucks and they are losing hundreds of millions of dollars.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott signs a border security agreement with Chihuahua Gov. Maru Campos Galvan in Austin, Texas on Thursday.

Joe Biden.

Again...delaying is not stopping. The Mexican truckers are stopping...not Abbott.
Stupid post. If it, (inspections,) goes from random to every one…………..never mind…..

Typical hit job...and not a mention of the MEXICAN truckers blocking both north and south bound lanes at the border crossings.

This is the kind of stuff the propaganda media pushes at you...and useful idiots love it.
Typical leaving out the context that the truckers are protesting because of Abbott.

You left this part out so I thought I'd help you be more honest

Even The Hill is being disingenuous. In their article they make a reference to the Mexican truckers...

Since Monday, Mexican truckers have blocked the Pharr-Reynosa International Bridge in protest after Abbott last week directed state troopers to stop and inspect trucks coming into Texas.​

...and that's it. Nothing else about them. No interviews. No commentary about them bringing trucking traffic to a standstill.

Instead, they talk about Abbott.
Abbot directs state troopers. Truckers respond to Abbots new directions...

Cause and affect. You want to blame the truck drivers for reacting.

You are the one being dishonest, not the hill

Typical leaving out the context that the truckers are protesting because of Abbott.

You left this part out so I thought I'd help you be more honest
When it comes to presenting why no trucks are getting through, it is correct to mention the real reason. Abbott isn't preventing trucks from getting through. The Mexican truckers are.

Now...if you want to talk about why the Mexican truckers are blocking the road, fine. No article I've read has actually presented anything from the truckers. All of the articles just ignore the truckers and blame Abbott...as if those Mexican truckers aren't really doing anything.

That is dishonest.

Abbot directs state troopers. Truckers respond to Abbots new directions...

Cause and affect. You want to blame the truck drivers for reacting.

You are the one being dishonest, not the hill
There are a lot of ways those Mexican truckers could have reacted. They didn't HAVE to block ALL vehicles from crossing the border.

But The Hill is STILL being dishonest by ignoring the truckers.

I don't agree with Abbott or the Mexican response. Both sides need to come to an agreement. I assume the truckers are getting pushback from growers,manufacturers and laborers, as Abbott gets the same from our people here.
It is fine to make a point but not at this cost.

Back
Top Bottom