• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ross Perot bails out Planned Parenthood in Texas.

James D Hill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Even old Ross know the Texas GOP is a bunch of regressive old men when it comes to abortion and their defunding of their scapegoat Planned Parenthood. Never mind the fact that Planned Parenthood saves countless lives and gives free healthcare to poor females everywhere. Even Ross,who reminds me of Elmer Fudd,can see how freaking stupid the anti abortion crusaders are. Good job Ross.

That guy is still alive?

Even old Ross know the Texas GOP is a bunch of regressive old men when it comes to abortion and their defunding of their scapegoat Planned Parenthood. Never mind the fact that Planned Parenthood saves countless lives and gives free healthcare to poor females everywhere. Even Ross,who reminds me of Elmer Fudd,can see how freaking stupid the anti abortion crusaders are. Good job Ross.

Were you under the mistaken impression Perot was ever a republican? He's always been an independent with his views falling squarely in both parties.

Were you under the mistaken impression Perot was ever a republican? He's always been an independent with his views falling squarely in both parties.

He is a populist. The opposite of a libertarian. I never liked him much but I do like this. What gives 50 year old men the right to tell a female what she can or can not do with her own body?

He is a populist. The opposite of a libertarian. I never liked him much but I do like this. What gives 50 year old men the right to tell a female what she can or can not do with her own body?

Why, as a male, do you think it's any of your business? Cause you're *very liberal*?

Being that they strive to be equal, it should be women who fight for their own causes.

FWIW... Perot probably gave them the money as a tax write-off that turned into a political gesture.

Why, as a male, do you think it's any of your business? Cause you're *very liberal*?

Being that they strive to be equal, it should be women who fight for their own causes.

But they are good liberal voters like gays so I stand up for them. After all we are fighting against the same right wing nimrods.

He is a populist. The opposite of a libertarian. I never liked him much but I do like this.

No, he's an independent. NOT the same as a libertarian or a populist. Some of his views fall squarely in the republican party platform and some of his views fall squarely in the democrat party platform.

What gives 50 year old men the right to tell a female what she can or can not do with her own body?

Elections, read all about them and get back to us.

Never mind the fact that Planned Parenthood saves countless lives and gives free healthcare to poor females everywhere. .
Name one health treatment that planned parenthood provides that is life saving?

But they are good liberal voters like gays so I stand up for them. After all we are fighting against the same right wing nimrods.

I was expecting some sort of response but, that's pretty mindless. Do you think for yourself or is it all about the PARTY?

Seriously.

Name one health treatment that planned parenthood provides that is life saving?

Breast exams.

Pap smears.

Birth control.

Breast exams.

Pap smears.

Birth control.

they don't perform mammograms just a physical exam that any women can do at home and it is best a women examines their own breast because who knows them better then the owner

Local county health departments give pap smear test for free and while you are there you can get a hand full of free condoms

the main purpose of PP is abortions they just use their other mundane medically amateur services as a front to gain tax payer money services you can obtain for free at any county health clinic

Last edited:
they don't perform mammograms just a physical exam that any women can do at home and it is best a women examines their own breast because who knows them better then the owner

Local county health departments give pap smear test for free and while you are there you can get a hand full of free condoms

the main purpose of PP is abortions they just use their other mundane medically amateur services as a front to gain tax payer money services you can obtain for free at any county health clinic

Really, and when was the last time you visited Planned Parenthood?

Like, never?

Here's the local PP in my town and they provide all kinds of health care services...

Sexual & Reproductive Health Services in Salt Lake City - Salt Lake Clinic - Planned Parenthood

anemia testing
cholesterol screening
diabetes screening
employment and sports physicals
flu vaccination
high blood pressure screening
physical exams
pregnancy planning services
smoking cessation
thyroid screening
pregnancy testing
abortion referrals
adoption referrals
fertility awareness education
pregnancy planning services
trained staff to discuss your options with you if you are pregnant
HIV testing
HIV test education
HIV referrals
STD testing, diagnosis and treatment, including:
bacterial vaginosis (BV)
chlamydia
genital warts
gonorrhea
herpes
HIV (testing and diagnosis only)
syphilis
trichomoniasis (trich)
Other STD testing, diagnosis and treatment services are also available
birth control implant
birth control patch (Ortho Evra)
birth control pill
birth control vaginal ring (NuvaRing)
diaphragm
condom
emergency contraception (morning after pill)
IUD (Mirena)
IUD (ParaGard)
sterilization for men (vasectomy)
pregnancy testing
abortion referrals
adoption referrals
fertility awareness education
checkups when you have a reproductive/sexual health problem
jock itch — exam and treatment
urinary tract infections — testing and treatment
vasectomy
emergency contraception
rape crisis counseling referrals

PP doesn't perform abortions at all at the clinic in my area.

So you are wrong.

Last edited:
You got to love that crazy old coot. He's the only modern politician who is honest, if not guileless.

Faux News/Limbaugh talking points has got the Right Wingers making Planned Parenthood into the American Nazi Party.
It's amazing to watch the zombies mindlessly just repeat what they hear On Talk Radio or get via those email chains from like/no-minded friends.
The cost? Women's health turned into a political football.

If we're going to demonize Planned Parenthood, let's at least get the facts straight - What Would Jack Do

Boehner To Wreck America Over Ladies Getting Their Hoohaws Examined

pl-parenthood.jpg

No, he's an independent. NOT the same as a libertarian or a populist. Some of his views fall squarely in the republican party platform and some of his views fall squarely in the democrat party platform.

Elections, read all about them and get back to us.

Ross Perot was a populist. He always spoke about kicking the corrupt polititions out and cleaning up the whole system. He called himself the defender of the common man and the fact he ran a business and was not a politition gave him the edge. That is populism my friend. Yes he is independant too.

it might help to have actual info in your op. But good on Ross, if he helped to alleviate their financial issues

well, the very obvious question here is if we are solely talking about "her body". Hence why when life begins is central to the debate

wow you just proved how severely uneducated you are on this topic. a very large number of PPs dont even do abortions, probably the majority dont. In pa only like 10 out of the 30-40 we have do.
Please do some research and educate yourself on what actually goes on at these HEALTH CARE CLINICS.

Abortions are a small amount of what PP does. I guess conservatives hate abortion more than they hate food stamps.PP saves thousands of lives and that is fact.

well, the very obvious question here is if we are solely talking about "her body". Hence why when life begins is central to the debate

First the conservatives bitch about abortion then they bitch when that same woman gets food stamps to feed that baby. Oh then the bitch about giving teenage girls the pill which would prevent the abortion. I guess you can't win with conservatives.

First the conservatives bitch about abortion then they bitch when that same woman gets food stamps to feed that baby. Oh then the bitch about giving teenage girls the pill which would prevent the abortion. I guess you can't win with conservatives.

Conservatives what a joke it just another name for bible thumper. Honestly they are not Christian and they do not act or speak in Christian way. They compare easily to the hate spewed by Nazi's though.

Conservatives what a joke it just another name for bible thumper. Honestly they are not Christian and they do not act or speak in Christian way. They compare easily to the hate spewed by Nazi's though.

They love to be all self righteous and more holy than thou but they roll in greed and selfishness. The right wing is driven by hypocricy.

Back
Top Bottom