• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ross: “I don’t really quite understand why."

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Billionaire con artist doesn't understand why people live paycheck to paycheck.

With 800,000 federal workers about to miss their second paycheck due to the ongoing government shutdown, Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross went on CNBC Thursday morning and offered them completely out-of-touch advice.

Asked to respond to reports that federal workers are going to food banks to get food, Ross said, “I don’t really quite understand why.” He then suggested they should just go further into debt to make ends meet.

Wilbur Ross on unpaid federal workers going to food banks: “I don’t really quite understand why”

I'm hoping all the swing voters and Ds that voted for Trump are paying attention.

These aren't good men running our government. They don't have to worry about food or health insurance. They're con men who value currency over humans.

I only lived paycheck to paycheck for a very short time when I started out, but I have seen how people get stuck in that trap and have to struggle for a while to get out. It's not that unusual.

After a few “Yeah, what about Obama” and “What about Hillary” responses from the Trump cultists I’ll be interested in hearing their compelling arguments supporting Wilbur Ross’s statement.

I just watched that interview. Statements like that are why the French Revolution happened.

Ross is pure fuel for the rising popularity of AOC.

Does Wilbur Ross own any Payday lenders? Why would he urge govt employees to take out a 200% APR loan for food?

I'm hoping all the swing voters and Ds that voted for Trump are paying attention.

These aren't good men running our government. They don't have to worry about food or health insurance. They're con men who value currency over humans.

And some even have the stupidity to try to defend people like him. They'll say you're just jealous cause he's rich. If you want to be rich like that get another job, and another, and a fourth, fifth and six jobs too. Pure stupidity backing capitalist thinking in its worst form.

Does Wilbur Ross own any Payday lenders? Why would he urge govt employees to take out a 200% APR loan for food?

He meant babysit, or paint, sweep the streets, tutor things like that. It's so easy to get money, people with money tell us all the time. Sure is if you have enough money invested you can live off your investments. Money just appears in your accounts.

Well, on average these people earn six-figure salaries with wage growth significantly higher than the private sector. These people earn above and beyond what we’re told a living wage is. So why are people who earn $100,000+ per year going to food banks after missing one paycheck? It doesn’t surprise me that a billionaire doesn’t understand why people are so financially irresponsible that they can make six figures and still be paupers.

Last edited:
Trumpers have openly supported and kissed a heap of billionaire and corporate butt expecting billionaires and corporations to save the masses from the deep state as if billionaires and corporations were even aware of the needs and wants of the masses. Most Americans do not subscribe to the deep state conspiracy, but if deep state did exist it would be comprised of billionaires and corporations.

When it comes to real Americans living life in real America Wilber Ross doesn't know his hole from an ass in the ground. AND HE DOESN'T CARE! Nor do most or all of Trump's billionaire and former billionaire cabinet.

That's a really good point. I won't be surprised to see him as a spokesman for one in about 6 months.

And some even have the stupidity to try to defend people like him. They'll say you're just jealous cause he's rich. If you want to be rich like that get another job, and another, and a fourth, fifth and six jobs too. Pure stupidity backing capitalist thinking in its worst form.

I've been totally convinced forever that the bulk of republican voters will never make over $70k in a year while worshipping rich republicans.

It's a really weird parent/child relationship.

Well that's just irresponsable of those people. Tell them to sell some of their stocks, preferably those that pay less in dividends, to cover the pay day loans. Either that, or if things get really super desperate, just tell them to list their beach house on airBNB.

I've been totally convinced forever that the bulk of republican voters will never make over $70k in a year while worshipping rich republicans.

It's a really weird parent/child relationship.

As it is right now, if you make 27k a year, you're making more than half of america. Yup it never ceases to amaze me how they will defend a rich person while not seeing the needs of a hundred. Twenty six people own as much money as three billion. Good luck in ever getting close to that group.

Well, on average these people earn six-figure salaries with wage growth significantly higher than the private sector. These people earn above and beyond what we’re told a living wage is. So why are people who earn $100,000+ per year going to food banks after missing one paycheck? It doesn’t surprise me that a billionaire doesn’t understand why people are so financially irresponsible that they can make six figures and still be paupers.

Are you referring to federal government workers?

These people should already have their head on pikes if there wasn't so many stupid people who have bought the propaganda and continue to suck the rich's D. With Trump, its the epitome as he's flooding the courts with pro corporate hack judges

What? government workers make significantly less than private sector. What kind of BS you trying to sell?

As it is right now, if you make 27k a year, you're making more than half of america. Yup it never ceases to amaze me how they will defend a rich person while not seeing the needs of a hundred. Twenty six people own as much money as three billion. Good luck in ever getting close to that group.

And those 26 people think they need more, and they push government to give them more in taxes and remove consumer protections so they can make even more money. That's the astonishing things, how much rich people who have it all already are willing to spend to influence politicians so they can get even more money.

Billionaire con artist doesn't understand why people live paycheck to paycheck.

Wilbur Ross on unpaid federal workers going to food banks: “I don’t really quite understand why”
Credit unions giving interest free loans to federal employees is a good thing these people should be taking advantage of. When they get their back pay they pay it off. That's not going in to debt more. Frankly the media should be doing a better job helping those affected to hear these programs so they don't have to stand in food lines. But it makes for a better story to see people in trouble instead of them getting the help the deserve.

I guess if having to be dishonest to make a point is the only way to make the point, carry on then.

The average federal worker doesn't make 100K a year, unless you are gonna use the bull**** tactic of adding in the salaries of elected officials as well. Taking them out of the equation, since they are still being paid and all, the average salary of someone who ISN'T curenntly getting paid is less that 57K a year according to some estimates.

Not exactly the means to champagne wishes and caviar dreams. But Ross wouldn't know anything about that.

Yeah sure so a TSA worker makes 100k a year, a IRS worker a social worker in bureau of Indian affairs, a cook at the cafeteria in one of the museums, . You are truly delusional. Before you spout such nonsense you may want to go to a government website and actually look at who your talking about.
The payscales are actually available to you and Wilbur Ross.
I won't even go into some areas of the country where you make 6 figures and 50% of that goes for housing.

This whole thing just shows the disgusting underbelly of the Republicans, conservatives, trump supporters whatever you want to call them.
I hope people are watching.

Back
Top Bottom