• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rosenstein to leave Justice Department after Senate confirms Barr

Grokmaster

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Rats from a sinking ship? As the likelihood that the incoming USAG will not be rubber-stamping illegal FISA requests, ignoring/promoting outrageous bias in FBI/DOJ investigations/actions, or continue allowing the Witch Hunt to IGNORE its original mandate in the interest of trying to "GET TRUMP on ANYTHING", all things ROSENSTEIN DID/ALLOWED, Dep.USAG Rod Rosenstein is expected to BAIL as soon as he gets a boos likely to have the balls to deal with his (Rosenstein's) BULL**** over the past two years, unlike Jeff Sessions.

Hopefully, there will be INDICTMENT(s) over his complicity in the BLATANT FIASA ABUSES, among other outrages...

Rumor has it that his buddies at Fusion GPS have contacted their Kremlin-linked buddies about about a "nice place" in the URAL Mtns., for their co-conspirator to retire....with his pal Veselnistkaya <SARCASMOFF>

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein expected to leave Justice Department after Senate confirms William Barr

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who oversees the special investigation into the 2016 election, is expected to leave his post in a matter of weeks, a person familiar with the matter said Wednesday.

The move is timed to the anticipated confirmation of William Barr, who was nominated to succeed ousted Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...neral-to-leave-justice-department/2522785002/

Rats Pouring Out of DC.jpg

I have to wonder about the timing Mueller is considering as far as releasing his report and how the Rosenstein departure fits into it.

I have to wonder about the timing Mueller is considering as far as releasing his report and how the Rosenstein departure fits into it.

The Grand Buffoon will be losing his Perpetual Probe bull**** shortly, and be told to PRODUCE WHAT HE HAS...regarding the 2016 ELECTION and the Trump Campaign.

Plus, now that Rosenstein is soon to be GONE, the DOJ might finally INVESTIGATE the ACTUAL "RUSSIAN COLLUSION" in the 2016 election...per the DNC/Hillary Campaign/Fusion GPS, etal.

The legal professionals I follow on Twitter are more or less split down the middle about whether Rosenstein's departure heralds something positive or something really bad.

This is why the AG maintaining political independence of the White House has been a tradition: the people need to trust that the AG isn't essentially the President's personal lawyer and bag man, and in lieu of Barr's statements we have no reason to feel confident about how this is going to pan out.

What is the time line for Barr's Senate confirmation? Have not heard a peep on this for some time.

EDIT: looks like they will be starting 1/15.

Renato Mariotti: "Let’s hope this means Rosenstein believes that Mueller’s work is largely done and can no longer be derailed."

Neal Katyal: "The Special Counsel regulations, which Mueller is appointed under, put Rosenstein in charge of supervising/controlling the investig. (I drafted those regs as a young pup at DOJ). By all accounts Rosenstein has done a great job. I fear Barr won’t, given his ridiculous memo. Danger."

Joyce Alene: "With Rosenstein leaving & a 53 vote GOP majority in the Senate, Trump now gets to install the two top leaders at DOJ who will oversee the Mueller investigation & the US Attorneys’ offices. Rosenstein’s announced departure underscores the need for the Senate to consider the Barr nomination carefully & that may have contributed to the timing of his announcement."

Not a ton of optimism there.

The legal professionals I follow on Twitter are more or less split down the middle about whether Rosenstein's departure heralds something positive or something really bad.

This is why the AG maintaining political independence of the White House has been a tradition: the people need to trust that the AG isn't essentially the President's personal lawyer and bag man, and in lieu of Barr's statements we have no reason to feel confident about how this is going to pan out.

Yeah..Holder "maintained his independence" from the Obama Swamp. Right.

The current outrageously CORRUPT KGB-FBI/DOJ leadership is a DIRECT RESULT of the POLITICIZATION of the DOJ by Obama.

Renato Mariotti: "Let’s hope this means Rosenstein believes that Mueller’s work is largely done and can no longer be derailed."

Neal Katyal: "The Special Counsel regulations, which Mueller is appointed under, put Rosenstein in charge of supervising/controlling the investig. (I drafted those regs as a young pup at DOJ). By all accounts Rosenstein has done a great job. I fear Barr won’t, given his ridiculous memo. Danger."

Joyce Alene: "With Rosenstein leaving & a 53 vote GOP majority in the Senate, Trump now gets to install the two top leaders at DOJ who will oversee the Mueller investigation & the US Attorneys’ offices. Rosenstein’s announced departure underscores the need for the Senate to consider the Barr nomination carefully & that may have contributed to the timing of his announcement."

Not a ton of optimism there.

Good. If those three are "concerned" I am encouraged,

People who hate justice (such as the OP) had better hold off their celebration.

If Rosenstein leaves, then he'd no longer be a civil servant. Just a civilian. And guess what the House of Representatives, which is in Democratic hands now, can do with civilians? Subpoena them! :D

Now of course, even if Rosenstein does have access to any smoking guns, he might be able to cite confidentiality and not disclose them. But he could leave a mile-long trail of breadcrumbs pointing to those smoking guns!

What is the time line for Barr's Senate confirmation? Have not heard a peep on this for some time.

EDIT: looks like they will be starting 1/15.

Yeah...they are prepping for hearings now.

The Senate dems will be wanted access to his Kindergarten Milk Cart lady, 3rd grade baseball coach, and whatever girl he might have liked in 1st grade, to uncover the SEXUAL ASSAULTS, RACISM, ARSON, JAY WALKING, PARKING TICKETS that they KNOW EXIST!!

People who hate justice (such as the OP) had better hold off their celebration.

If Rosenstein leaves, then he'd no longer be a civil servant. Just a civilian. And guess what the House of Representatives, which is in Democratic hands now, can do with civilians? Subpoena them! :D

Now of course, even if Rosenstein does have access to any smoking guns, he might be able to cite confidentiality and not disclose them. But he could leave a mile-long trail of breadcrumbs pointing to those smoking guns!

Translation: People who hate the INSANE CORRUPTION already well-established at the Obama Swamp Leftover KGB-FBI/DOJ have good cause to be relieved.

In other news, Robert Mueller, the Grand Buffoon, is seeking the records of the Trump family's dry cleaning, to get to all the "dirty laundry" he knows is there.

#wasneveraboutRussianinterference

Translation: People who hate the INSANE CORRUPTION already well-established at the Obama Swamp Leftover KGB-FBI/DOJ have good cause to be relieved.

In other news, Robert Mueller, the Grand Buffoon, is seeking the records of the Trump family's dry cleaning, to get to all the "dirty laundry" he knows is there.

#wasneveraboutRussianinterference

Thankfully you have zero power over what the House is going to start doing to do to your president. :)

Barr and Mueller know each other well. And did not Barr attend Mueller's daughter's wedding?. I don't think Barr is going to be the guy who Trump thinks he is going to be.

My guess is that Rosenstein is leaving because he knows Barr will act responsibly and not be a lap dog for the Prez

Thankfully you have zero power over what the House is going to start doing to do to your president. :)

We see that you have no problem with the corruption the Obamidiot made COMMONPLACE in the KGB-FBI/DOJ leadership.

Great. More senseless, POLITICALLY MOTIVATED Witch Hunting.

Please detail what you delude the House will be able to do to the POTUS w/o the Senate, other than squawk a lot?

Meanwhile, guess who will APPROVE THE NEXT DOJ..and USSC JUSTICE?

Barr and Mueller know each other well. And did not Barr attend Mueller's daughter's wedding?. I don't think Barr is going to be the guy who Trump thinks he is going to be.

My guess is that Rosenstein is leaving because he knows Barr will act responsibly and not be a lap dog for the Prez

Barr will follow the LAW..EQUALLY, unlike Rosenstein, who, BTW, serves at the pleasure of the POTUS. It isn't "up to him".

He is baling from a sinking ship.

I read (or heard, don’t remember which or where) that part of Barr accepting the nomination was that he would get to pick his deputy.

I read (or heard, don’t remember which or where) that part of Barr accepting the nomination was that he would get to pick his deputy.

Hopefully so.

Yeah..Holder "maintained his independence" from the Obama Swamp. Right.

The current outrageously CORRUPT KGB-FBI/DOJ leadership is a DIRECT RESULT of the POLITICIZATION of the DOJ by Obama.
How can you still say that 2 years into trumps regime with all of his appointments? He placed the ppl at the top of the FBI and DOJ both and they have likely hired out as desired. You can't use this bullsit idiotic line anymore.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

How can you still say that 2 years into trumps regime with all of his appointments? He placed the ppl at the top of the FBI and DOJ both and they have likely hired out as desired. You can't use this bullsit idiotic line anymore.

No BULL**** INVOLVED...look at all the Obama Swamp leftovers that have been EXPOSED...who were INTIMATELY INVOLVED in BOTH the "FAUX" Hillary NON-INVESTIGATION, and ESTABLISHING THE WITCH HUNT.

dem russian collusion and obamagate.jpg

Obama Swamp crimes.jpg

That is ALL ENDING NOW....

No BULL**** INVOLVED...look at all the Obama Swamp leftovers that have been EXPOSED...who were INTIMATELY INVOLVED in BOTH the "FAUX" Hillary NON-INVESTIGATION, and ESTABLISHING THE WITCH HUNT.

View attachment 67247673

View attachment 67247674

That is ALL ENDING NOW....
Now? Wtf are you talking about? Like I said you dumb box of rocks, it's been trump's regime for 2 years. He appointed top leadership to the FBI and DoJ. There is no way around it. So after 2 years, no one has been locked up. Either your leader and regime are failure losers or your narrative is all conspiracy brain rotten human excrement. Take your pick. Either way you lose.

Tin foil hat conspiracy theory:

Barr saw the crisis that was rapidly unfolding in the summer of 2017, and wrote a piece that he knew would appeal to Trump's authoritarian nature. He's eventually chosen as the replacement AG because his statements positively scream "I will act corruptly in your service" to Trump. Once AG, he protects Mueller.

All I've got for the genesis of this CT is...

1) he was George H.W. Bush's AG, and whatever you think of that guy, he wasn't authoritarian.
2) aside from his statements regarding the Mueller investigation, he was otherwise regarded with respect within the legal community.

Barr saw the crisis that was rapidly unfolding in the summer of 2017, and wrote a piece that he knew would appeal to Trump's authoritarian nature. He's eventually chosen as the replacement AG because his statements positively scream "I will act corruptly in your service" to Trump. Once AG, he protects Mueller.

1) he was George H.W. Bush's AG, and whatever you think of that guy, he wasn't authoritarian.
2) aside from his statements regarding the Mueller investigation, he was otherwise regarded with respect within the legal community.

I don't get the sense, that anyone in the legal field wants to screw with Mueller. Once they see the depth of the iceberg, they know there is no legal justification for saving Trump's as sthat can save them if they go along.

I don't get the sense, that anyone in the legal field wants to screw with Mueller. Once they see the depth of the iceberg, they know there is no legal justification for saving Trump's as sthat can save them if they go along.

Pro: When Barr was H.W. Bush's AG, he was known to be sane.

Con: During that same time period, so what Giuliani.

Wasn't he a former FBI director as well?

Back
Top Bottom