• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rosenstein to leave Justice Department after Senate confirms Barr

Pro: When Barr was H.W. Bush's AG, he was known to be sane.

Con: During that same time period, so what Giuliani.

Didn't he help cover up Iran-Contra?

Rumor has it that his buddies at Fusion GPS have contacted their Kremlin-linked buddies about about a "nice place" in the URAL Mtns., for their co-conspirator to retire....with his pal Veselnistkaya <SARCASMOFF>

I would be very leery of any "retirement" plot any Russian offered me.
Most tend to be 6 feet down in the woods someplace.

Tin foil hat conspiracy theory:

Barr saw the crisis that was rapidly unfolding in the summer of 2017, and wrote a piece that he knew would appeal to Trump's authoritarian nature. He's eventually chosen as the replacement AG because his statements positively scream "I will act corruptly in your service" to Trump. Once AG, he protects Mueller.

All I've got for the genesis of this CT is...

1) he was George H.W. Bush's AG, and whatever you think of that guy, he wasn't authoritarian.
2) aside from his statements regarding the Mueller investigation, he was otherwise regarded with respect within the legal community.

Barr's memo, that it is not obstruction when a president exercises his lawful constitutional authority, is quite reasonable and hardly corrupt. As was his critique of the Mueller investigation.

Back
Top Bottom