• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rose says he picked wrong vice

Rose says he picked wrong vice - MLB News | FOX Sports on MSN

I totally agree with Pete. His lifetime ban is an absolute farce in light of all these PED scandals. If Barry Bonds and Rafael Palmiero weren't banned then Rose shouldn't be either.

Totally agree. Rose's actions did not change the way the game was played by juicing the players. PED use should be the cause for a lifetime ban and removal from the record books. PERIOD.

Exactly as I said, no he didn't. Read your link again. In that article, who was it who said Barry Bonds admitted using steroids? Hint: it wasn't Barry Bonds.

Through his lawyer, he admitted steroids. You said he never admitted it, clearly he admitted it to his lawyer, not sure why there is a disconnect there in your mind..... :shrug:

Until a public admission comes from Bonds himself, out of his own mouth or written word, Bonds hasn't admitted to anything. No disconnect there, just reality.

I wouldn't call being an absolute dickhead who is the single most overrated player in the history of the sport a vice, really.

More of an affliction.

Wasn't until 1991.

Let me break it down for ya, so you understand.. Mickey Mantle and Willie Mays were banned from baseball (due to gambling worries) in the early 1980s. It was a dirty moment in baseball and lasted less then a few years. If the ban wasn't lifted they would be the only two in baseball who were banned and in the HoF.

The rules the HoF works with "incongruous to put somebody into the Hall of Fame Museum that baseball has banned." That's been the rules since the HoF opened. We've had 60 odd years in which Shoeless Joe Jackson never made a ballot and your pissing and moaning about Pete Rose who actually admitted to gambling on baseball while there is evidence Shoeless Joe didn't and tried to inform Comisky of the conspiracy?

I don't care if Pete Rose had won 15 triple crowns, 5,000 hits, 1,000 homeruns and 5,000 RBIs.. he will never get into the HoF because he admitted to gambling on baseball. There are unwritten rules in baseball and being banned from baseball means no HoF as one of those unwritten rules.

Here is a list of some of them.

Last edited:
Rose says he picked wrong vice - MLB News | FOX Sports on MSN

I totally agree with Pete. His lifetime ban is an absolute farce in light of all these PED scandals. If Barry Bonds and Rafael Palmiero weren't banned then Rose shouldn't be either.
Different eras.
And Rose was given a ton of chances right after his ban to get reinstated after a suspension. But he would have to admit to gambling. He refused.
Rose, is Rose's biggest problem.

Back
Top Bottom