• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Rosary, the healing remedy

PopeADope

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The rosary has been a very powerful prayer for me and weapon against Satan, and no , the rosary is not just a Catholic devotion and I am not Catholic... Eastern Orthodox Churches pray the rosary and there are Protestants who go to the Marian pilgrimages to the shrines and pray the rosary as well. Marian devotion is not just Catholic.
https://www.christianheadlines.com/....n-1318834.html

I argue that the rosary is not just a Catholic devotion." Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus" is a blessing of Mary and Jesus , and it is a direct quote from scripture.

All but two of the Mysteries of the 20 Mysteries of the Rosary are found in the Gospels. The rosary is a meditation on the Life, birth, ministry, death, and Ascension of Christ and The Descent of the Holy Spirit upon the apostles. It is like praying the gospels. With each decade there is a different mystery to meditate on, meditation of the Annunciation, the visitation, the birth of our Lord, the presentation of Christ to the temple, the finding of Christ at the temple, the baptism of Christ in the Jordan, the wedding at Cana, the proclamation of the kingdom of God, the Transfiguration, the institution of the Eucharist, the agony in the garden, the scourging at the pillar, the crowning with thorns, the carrying of the cross , the crucifixion, the Resurrection, the ascension, and the descent of the Holy Spirit upon the Apostles , are all mysteries of the Rosary, and are found in the gospel. The rosary is meditation on the gospel.

Scripture condemns vain repetition, but not all repetition is vain.
Revelation 4:8
And the four living creatures, each of them with six wings, are full of eyes all around and within, and day and night they never cease to say, “Holy, holy,holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!”... In heaven, the same prayer is recited over and over and over again day and night. Scripture does not condemn repetition, it condemns vain repetition.

She was extremely helpful. Extremely helpful is an understatement. I had serious mommy issues because my mom was cheating on my dad when I was 4, and other things she did, and that damaged my views of women in general, and I badly needed a mother figure in my life, and the Virgin Mary was the perfect mom... I needed maternal nurturing and tenderness... Praying the rosary was the most healing spiritual practice I've ever indulged in.

And no, I'm not trying to convert anybody to Catholicism or say anybody should indulge in any practice that they find makes them uncomfortable.

I'm saying we should not condemn one of the many methods that God uses to give grace to the Earth which can be healing medicine for many people and a remedy for our ills.

The Old Testament speaks against mediums, summoning Spirits from the underworld, fortune-telling, magic, and sorcery. Those are all powers of the occult that should be avoided. The Old Testament does not condemn the Rosary, or invoking souls in heaven, but rather condemns the use of the forces of Darkness and summoning Spirits from Sheol.

Even if the Old Testament condemned the act of invoking the host of Heaven, which it does not, that would not necessarily mean it is forbidden, because much of what was forbidden in the Old Testament was no longer forbidden for Christians

My girlfriend and her family are Catholics and they rely on saying the rosary each morning before work and it works wonders. In some occasions I sit in and joined in prayer.
Two things...
(1)My cousin invited me to view some rap videos online. I seen a few "brothas" wearing rosaries as jewelry. I also viewed BET(really it's MTV)Jams as well with a good number of these dudes wearing the rosary as they use the Lord's name in vain.
This is wrong...wearing rosaries like idols.
I seen this dude named Dave east having a rosary tattoo. This in fact makes a mockery out of something that is sacred to those using the rosary as prayer.
(2) Though not Catholic I joined in to stop this spreading of the troye silvan syndrome.Hoping these individual will atone for their homo activities. I also may add about women aborting their unborn child.
Sad to say the only time the rosary did not work is when this dude obama was elected president. So many have turned away from religion no thanks to this dude.
Bottom line saying the rosary is the easiest prayer one can say.
Great post !

On rosary as in chain of beads (to count prayers etc.), just saying that Hindus, Buddhists and Muslims use it as well.

So the prayer I get. What’s the point of the beads?

Helping in the count of how many times prayer has been said.

With (in the case of the prescribed Catholic manner) usually 10 "Hail Mary's" being customary (in between one Lord's prayer and a Glory Be), the beads help keeping count by one of them being moved with each completed sequence of the prayer.

Buddhists keep count of the mantras that way and the Muslim bead chain usually comprises 99 beads, separated by a small single one to make counting 3 times 33 easier. Thirty three times being dedicated to each of three prescribed invocations in Muslim prayer (Glory be to God, Praise be to God and God is greatest).

The beads are something to do with the fingers and keep track of the prayers and meditation

The beads are something to do with the fingers and keep track of the prayers and meditation
Yeah, I've seen them used by Asians even outside of prayer and/or meditation. In one case with a guy who'd just given up smoking and felt his fingers to be constantly empty (of the accustomed cigarette) and using the "worry beads" as a substitute.

He seemed to have a hard time not lighting them up and inhaling.:lol:

"CHURCH" according to the NT means the people who belong to Jesus Christ. "His" people. Book of Acts reveals The Church.

A GREAT deception took place in 380ad.

The Roman Emperor empowered a religious group whose binding doctrine was Trinitarianism ....
and
this Trinitarian group claimed to be "The Church"
and
the Roman establishment [bunch of assorted Pagans]
claimed this newly empowered CULT was "The Church."

So from 380ad onward, the worldly have been deceived as to who and where and what is "The Church".
All the modern christianish “churches” [“cults, denominations”] evolved from the imitation “church” empowered by the Roman Empire in 380 AD.
The foundation the Church rest upon is the confession Peter made …. Not Peter personally. Much NT scripture shows the one and only head of Jesus’s Church is Jesus. Papist and Trinitarians don’t believe scripture. They believe various interpretations of scripture … and that is not the same as believing/heeding scripture.

Famous example of putting interpretation of scripture over scripture:
“call no man father”

Roman Catholicism will give you scads of interpretive pretext to NOT heed the simple “call no man father”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_church_of_the_Roman_Empire

"Nicene "Trinitarian" Christianity became the state church of the Roman Empire with the Edict of Thessalonica in 380 CE,
when Emperor Theodosius I made it the Empire's sole authorized religion"

"CHURCH" according to the NT means the people who belong to Jesus Christ. "His" people. Book of Acts reveals The Church.

A GREAT deception took place in 380ad.

The Roman Emperor empowered a religious group whose binding doctrine was Trinitarianism ....
and
this Trinitarian group claimed to be "The Church"
and
the Roman establishment [bunch of assorted Pagans]
claimed this newly empowered CULT was "The Church."

So from 380ad onward, the worldly have been deceived as to who and where and what is "The Church".
All the modern christianish “churches” [“cults, denominations”] evolved from the imitation “church” empowered by the Roman Empire in 380 AD.
The foundation the Church rest upon is the confession Peter made …. Not Peter personally. Much NT scripture shows the one and only head of Jesus’s Church is Jesus. Papist and Trinitarians don’t believe scripture. They believe various interpretations of scripture … and that is not the same as believing/heeding scripture.

Famous example of putting interpretation of scripture over scripture:
“call no man father”

Roman Catholicism will give you scads of interpretive pretext to NOT heed the simple “call no man father”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_church_of_the_Roman_Empire

"Nicene "Trinitarian" Christianity became the state church of the Roman Empire with the Edict of Thessalonica in 380 CE,
when Emperor Theodosius I made it the Empire's sole authorized religion"

This belongs in"conspiracy theories".

Cultures all over the world have used prayer beads, get a life.

Indeed there are many other absurd dark ages religious practices done all over the world, however, the Rosary is more than just prayer beads.

No group is as nutsy over the "virgin" Mary ('queen of heaven - mediatrix' as Papist are.

I find helpful focusing on what unites us rather than on what divides us. ;)

I find helpful focusing on what unites us rather than on what divides us. ;)

Precisely my point in starting this thread.... glad somebody can see :)

Moderator's Warning:
GENTLEMEN... this is a place where civility is required, not merely recommended.

Telling me to neglect the rosary is like telling a diabetic not to take insulin. After all, if a diabetic has God, what need is there for insulin, why don't they just rely on God Alone?

The rosary has been the remedy for my ills. That is the method by which God chose to bring me healing. To neglect God's healing remedy, will bring me disaster. I've seen it happen.

Telling me to neglect the rosary is like telling a diabetic not to take insulin. After all, if a diabetic has God, what need is there for insulin, why don't they just rely on God Alone?

The rosary has been the remedy for my ills. That is the method by which God chose to bring me healing. To neglect God's healing remedy, will bring me disaster. I've seen it happen.

Elsewhere, you have said, "But I do like Francisco Franco.... Anyhow, I think that the study and practice of fascism is my key to staying sober. It makes me march with purpose, with Rosary in my hand, doing battle with my personal demons... The doctrine of fascism contains versus that Inspire me to avoid cowardice, sloth, gluttony, hedonism, drugs, whatever weakness me..." https://www.debatepolitics.com/gene.../306392-fascist-thyself-2.html#post1068049768

Correct me please if I'm mistaken, but doesn't every Rosary begin with a Crucifix? And if you're asking Mary to pray for you, this wouldn't be to a Franco or Mussolini but would be rather to her Son Jesus? There is cognitive dissonance here in two very different "doctrines."

Elsewhere, you have said, "But I do like Francisco Franco.... Anyhow, I think that the study and practice of fascism is my key to staying sober. It makes me march with purpose, with Rosary in my hand, doing battle with my personal demons... The doctrine of fascism contains versus that Inspire me to avoid cowardice, sloth, gluttony, hedonism, drugs, whatever weakness me..." https://www.debatepolitics.com/gene.../306392-fascist-thyself-2.html#post1068049768

Correct me please if I'm mistaken, but doesn't every Rosary begin with a Crucifix? And if you're asking Mary to pray for you, this wouldn't be to a Franco or Mussolini but would be rather to her Son Jesus? There is cognitive dissonance here in two very different "doctrines."

Upon further reflection, I don't think it's good to try to alter fascism to be something good. The Doctrine of fascism looks good to me but I didn't see any racism in the Doctrine.

I like how Franco defended Catholicism and defeated communism.

Yes every rosary has a crucifix and prayers to Jesus not Mussolini lol :)

Yes every rosary has a crucifix and prayers to Jesus not Mussolini lol :)

Then why are you using a Rosary to worship the doctrine of fascism? Surely, there is some secular item that would better suit.

Then why are you using a Rosary to worship the doctrine of fascism? Surely, there is some secular item that would better suit.

I don't worship the Doctrine, I just find inspiration from it to be more disciplined and learn to love suffering and be a soldier for Christ

I don't worship the Doctrine, I just find inspiration from it to be more disciplined and learn to love suffering and be a soldier for Christ

If your purpose is to become a "soldier for Christ," perhaps meditating on the mysteries of Christ's life--the function of a Rosary--rather than on fascist doctrine would be more sensible.

If your purpose is to become a "soldier for Christ," perhaps meditating on the mysteries of Christ's life--the function of a Rosary--rather than on fascist doctrine would be more sensible.

True! I started studying fascism right as I started to pray the rosary again and the two sort of became intertwined....my bad!

Back
Top Bottom