• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Roots II

a777pilot

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Just finished the four episodes of the new Roots. I thought it well done. There were some historical errors, such as, Chicken George being a slave for 20 years in England. The British abolished slavery in 1833. I could sum up this re-telling of the story in the book Roots in two sentences.

Black African muslims are good.

White Americans are bad.

Also, they imply at the end of the series that millions of black slaves were brought to America. That is just not true. Want to learn about a country that brought over 10 million in as slaves, then study the history of Brazil.

Less than 350,000 enslaved people were imported into the Thirteen Colonies and the U.S, constituting less than 5% of the twelve million enslaved people brought from Africa to the Americas. The great majority of enslaved Africans were transported to sugar colonies in the Caribbean and to Brazil.

Just finished the four episodes of the new Roots. I thought it well done. There were some historical errors, such as, Chicken George being a slave for 20 years in England. The British abolished slavery in 1833. I could sum up this re-telling of the story in the book Roots in two sentences.

Black African muslims are good.

White Americans are bad.

Also, they imply at the end of the series that millions of black slaves were brought to America. That is just not true. Want to learn about a country that brought over 10 million in as slaves, then study the history of Brazil.

Less than 350,000 enslaved people were imported into the Thirteen Colonies and the U.S, constituting less than 5% of the twelve million enslaved people brought from Africa to the Americas. The great majority of enslaved Africans were transported to sugar colonies in the Caribbean and to Brazil.

You have a big problem

I thought the first one was better. Why the remake?

You have a big problem

Watch the four part series. Then make your opinion known. I really liked the first one. It was much better and and way less political/PC than Roots II. Also, it, Roots II, was suppose to be so historical accurate, well, it wasn't. If you have a problem it is with history and the truth, not with me.

You have a big problem

Good grief, Lady, you are female living in Turkey and you think I have a problem? If I were you, I would pack up and get out of there to a place you can be part of the culture and the day to day political life.....not just property.

Well, I would suggest the powers that be recognize there are a number of things going on a revised "Roots" could address.

1) Obvious - It's an election year. Progressives need to start corralling their followers
2) Illegal Immigration - With illegals destroying economic opportunity in Black Communities, it's vital to get Blacks focused on something other than the royal screwing the left is doing to them via encouragement of the new voting block the left is obsessed with.
3) Don Quixote Politics - The left needs people to go after windmills, so they don't pay attention to reality.

Watch the four part series. Then make your opinion known. I really liked the first one. It was much better and and way less political/PC than Roots II. Also, it, Roots II, was suppose to be so historical accurate, well, it wasn't. If you have a problem it is with history and the truth, not with me.

I see but this is not nat geo documentary ,try to enjoy it

Good grief, Lady, you are female living in Turkey and you think I have a problem? If I were you, I would pack up and get out of there to a place you can be part of the culture and the day to day political life.....not just property.

send me my green card!:lol:

Come over here. We love smart, independent people moving here, especially women....no matter what you have heard.

Why not? Its a great story, time to retell it for another generation.

Why not? Its a great story, time to retell it for another generation.

What is so great about it? And let another generation hate the white man, sure why not.

What is so great about it? And let another generation hate the white man, sure why not.

How sad that you think that way.

Enjoy your anger.

How sad that you think that way.

Enjoy your anger.

Enjoy whatever it is you have. And if you think reminding a new generation that just has not experienced racism as it was in the past is asking for trouble, you would be right. And those new generation will blame people who had no part in any of it.

cold joint, it says you are an educator yet you state "I heart, i.e., love, muslims". That's not possible.

Sarcasm is possible.

Enjoy whatever it is you have. And if you think reminding a new generation that just has not experienced racism as it was in the past is asking for trouble, you would be right. And those new generation will blame people who had no part in any of it.

Like I said...

Back
Top Bottom