• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[R.I.P.] Ronnie Spector

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Ex-wife of producer Phil Spector and lead singer of the 60's group "The Ronettes". The group had a few smash hits in the mid to late 60's including the tune below.

That was my kinda music, back in the day. I'm sorry to hear of her death; may she R.I.P.
They were a hot item back in the day! I think they opened for the Beatles at some point, which would give an indication of how hot they were.

Ex-wife of producer Phil Spector and lead singer of the 60's group "The Ronettes". The group had a few smash hits in the mid to late 60's including the tune below.

Loved Ronnie, don't forget her Eddie Money song...

Nice music.

My deepest sympathies to her family and to Mr. S.

RIP Ronnie Spector

Who remembers this one? A blast from the past and one my favorites at Christmas time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_Spector She didn't have an easy life with Phil Spector, but she had the courage to pick herself up and get away from that beast of a man...

Circa 1966
330px-Ronnie_Spector_1966.jpg

RIP Ronnie Spector

Who remembers this one? A blast from the past and one my favorites at Christmas time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_Spector She didn't have an easy life with Phil Spector, but she had the courage to pick herself up and get away from that beast of a man...

Circa 1966
That's a different mix than what I'm used to but I definitely liked the original.

Rest peacefully Ronnie, thank you for your wonderful music and the memories, you'll always be remembered.

Ronnie Spector (Veronica Bennett) - RIP my dear

The Ronettes last record together (1966). The Beach Boys would record a more successful cover version of this song in 1969.

I Can Hear Music - The Ronettes Featuring Veronica

Back
Top Bottom