• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ronan Farrow condemns his publisher over Woody Allen memoir

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Ronan Farrow condemns his publisher over Woody Allen memoir | Media | The Guardian

Writer known for #MeToo investigations – whose sister says Allen abused her – suggests he can no longer work with Hachette

Ronan Farrow has distanced himself from the publisher of his latest book after the company announced plans to publish a memoir by his father, Woody Allen, saying the move “shows a lack of ethics and compassion for victims of sexual abuse”.

The journalist, best known for his groundbreaking investigations into claims of sexual abuse and misconduct against powerful men, issued a scathing statement in response to Hachette’s announcement on Monday that it would release Allen’s memoir, Apropos of Nothing, on 7 April.
=================================================================
Ronan Farrow’s sister, Dylan Farrow, has alleged Allen sexually abused her as a child, which is not too far out to believe.

Ronan Farrow condemns his publisher over Woody Allen memoir | Media | The Guardian

Writer known for #MeToo investigations – whose sister says Allen abused her – suggests he can no longer work with Hachette

Ronan Farrow has distanced himself from the publisher of his latest book after the company announced plans to publish a memoir by his father, Woody Allen, saying the move “shows a lack of ethics and compassion for victims of sexual abuse”.

The journalist, best known for his groundbreaking investigations into claims of sexual abuse and misconduct against powerful men, issued a scathing statement in response to Hachette’s announcement on Monday that it would release Allen’s memoir, Apropos of Nothing, on 7 April.
Ronan Farrow’s sister, Dylan Farrow, has alleged Allen sexually abused her as a child, which is not too far out to believe.

Hachette is one of the big six American publishers.

Hachette is one of the big six American publishers.

Woody is one of the strangest people I'm aware of. But I'd love to be able to drop $1K to spend the night in NYC & hear him & his group play. He plays an incredible clarinet. Woody Allen's jazz bad at the Carlyle Hotel. Dining seats are $123 before the food. I love his 'Down by the Riverside.'

It is the most surreal of New York City experiences, sitting at a bar when Woody Allen appears suddenly alongside you carrying a little leather briefcase. He sits down at a table less than a metre away and starts to assemble a clarinet.

Ronan Farrow is smart, like 'stable genius' smart. And, as most people are aware, he's the son of Frank Sinatra. Ronan was just 11 years old when he started college. The New Yorker won the 2018 Pulitzer Prize for Public Service for Farrow's reporting. Ronan Farrow was also aware that his step-sister had been sexually molested by Woody Allen for years. Woody Allen is a pedophile that should have been locked up decades ago and if he wasn't such a high profile influential man, he would have been. Good for Ronan Farrow, he has something that most people don't seem to have anymore these days, integrity.

So the court that investigated the abuse claim was, what, paid off?

Were they paid with the millions of dollars that Allen’s movies make?

Oh wait—

I always wanted to know if Dylan was abused or if she was "programmed" by Mia Farrow. I came to read about Woody Allen's memoirs to see if anyone had anything to add after reading them. I am not obsessed with celebrity gossip enough to try to get all the details on this case. I just know that not all children's fantasies are real. I would also like to know Woody Allen's history. Pedophiles usually repeat their behavior.

Its all about the money, obviously. If one is a celebrity, trad publishing houses will always get you a book deal.

Back
Top Bottom