• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ronald Reagan kicks Bill Clinton's ass

American

Trump Grump Whisperer
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMhfO1tWALk]YouTube - Ronald Reagan- RNC 1992[/ame]

:lol:

Reagan always had a sense of humor-mostly

Eh? This is :spin: at its finest.

All he does is say "Thomas Jefferson" like 20 times and GOP goes wild.

I've always liked Reagan as a person. I don't agree with much of what he did as president, but as a person I thought of him as a pretty stand up guy with a sense of humor.

I thought what he said was pretty funny, considering he was mainly poking fun at his own age.

That was funny as hell. For reference for others who might not know the context: :rofl

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-7gpgXNWYI"]YouTube - Lloyd Bentsen puts down Dan Quayle[/ame]

Reagan always had a great sense of humor. Too bad he ran up the debt as much as he did.

Reagan always had a sense of humor-mostly

That he did. My favorite was when he got shot, and just as he was about to be wheeled into the operating room, he said to the doctor "I hope you are not a Democrat". LOL.

Reagan always had a great sense of humor. Too bad he ran up the debt as much as he did.

Perhaps the biggest bee in a the leftist bonnet is the fact Reagan ran circles around the leftists the day he entered office.

The left is still reeling.

Perhaps the biggest bee in a the leftist bonnet is the fact Reagan ran circles around the leftists the day he entered office.

Yeah, I can care less about Pat Brown, Fritz Mondale, or Jimmy Carter. Even Tip O'Neil is pretty irrelevant to me. The biggest bee in my bonnet is that when he was governor of my state, he more or less shut down all the mental health hospitals, leading to our streets overflowing with crazy homeless people, a problem that's never gone away.

It is partly because of moments like those that Reagan will go down in history as one of the greatest leaders of all time. His wit is unmatched.

It is partly because of moments like those that Reagan will go down in history as one of the greatest leaders of all time. His wit is unmatched.

Yes, wit is exactly what makes a great leader.

What really bugs the left is he is proof that conservatism works. He is the last truly conservative President we had. The other huge elephant in the room is the shape of the economy in 1983 was strikingly similar to ours today. What did Reagan do? He took the EXACT OPPOSITE approach as President Obama. In doing so, he created 20 million new jobs and catapulted us out of the recession. I really wish people paid attention to history.

Yeah, I can care less about Pat Brown, Fritz Mondale, or Jimmy Carter. Even Tip O'Neil is pretty irrelevant to me. The biggest bee in my bonnet is that when he was governor of my state, he more or less shut down all the mental health hospitals, leading to our streets overflowing with crazy homeless people, a problem that's never gone away.

He ended up doing this to the entire country as president.

What really bugs the left is he is proof that conservatism works. He is the last truly conservative President we had. The other huge elephant in the room is the shape of the economy in 1983 was strikingly similar to ours today. What did Reagan do? He took the EXACT OPPOSITE approach as President Obama. In doing so, he created 20 million new jobs and catapulted us out of the recession. I really wish people paid attention to history.

Then we had the recession in the early 90's, which could likely be traced to him, as well as a burdening national debt that he did nothing to alleviate.

My thought exactly....when I read the comment I could not help but think that the COUNTRY is still reeling from the effects of Reagan....the man who let the AIDS epidemic run out of control because he didn't care because it was only affecting gay men and blacks.

Then we had the recession in the early 90's, which could likely be traced to him, as well as a burdening national debt that he did nothing to alleviate.
"that could likely be traced to him"......compelling argument. And creating 20 million new jobs doesn't alleviate the debt? I know I have a lot easier time alleviating my debt when I'm employed. I tell you one thing I never have been able to do, though, and that is borrow myself out of debt. Apparently President Obama believes this is entirely possible.

My thought exactly....when I read the comment I could not help but think that the COUNTRY is still reeling from the effects of Reagan....the man who let the AIDS epidemic run out of control because he didn't care because it was only affecting gay men and blacks.
Do you liberals ever stop and think about what you're saying? So you think Reagan purposely allowed AIDS to spread because he hates gays and blacks? Wow.

You don't think it could have been because noone knew what the hell we were dealing with at the time, do you? No, that couldn't be it. It's definitely because conservatives hate blacks and gays. Anyone who's ever been to a hope and change rally knows that.

"that could likely be traced to him"......compelling argument. And creating 20 million new jobs doesn't alleviate the debt? I know I have a lot easier time alleviating my debt when I'm employed. I tell you one thing I never have been able to do, though, and that is borrow myself out of debt. Apparently President Obama believes this is entirely possible.

How is this thread even about Obama? I love how you don't actually address my argument, you just attack Obama, who is completely irrelevent.

How is this thread even about Obama? I love how you don't actually address my argument, you just attack Obama, who is completely irrelevent.
How can I address your argument when you didn't even make one?

Do you liberals ever stop and think about what you're saying? So you think Reagan purposely allowed AIDS to spread because he hates gays and blacks? Wow.

You don't think it could have been because noone knew what the hell we were dealing with at the time, do you? No, that couldn't be it. It's definitely because conservatives hate blacks and gays. Anyone who's ever been to a hope and change rally knows that.

More of an indifference. He didn't care. It wasn't until it started to affect other individuals that Reagan even uttered the word.

Last edited:
How can I address your argument when you didn't even make one?

I'll summerize why I don't like Reagan. I'll even do it in bullet point.

• He ran up the national debt something fierce, quadrupling it.

• He closed down mental institutes, leading to California's horrible homeless problem

• He took no action to try to halt or research the AIDS virus.

• He flaunted the law with the Iran-Contra scandal.

• He escalated the "war on drugs"

That a good start for you?

:prof A Jimmy Carter appointee (Paul Volcker) was chairman of the federal reserve throughout almost the entirety of President Reagan's two terms.

Back
Top Bottom