• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ronald Reagan.... Good or Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really are hopeless. I am done with you. Glenn Beck's new book describes you to a tee.

Thanks for the helpful information. This one was the most striking:

"Your third source shows that unemployment rose 3.7% during the Bush Administration from 4.0% to 7.7%. The unemployment rate under Obama started at the 7.7% under Bush and rose to a high of 10.2 % and is now down to 9.7%, a total of 2% increase in unemployment."

Thanks for pointing it out to me! :2wave:

Thanks for the helpful information. This one was the most striking:

"Your third source shows that unemployment rose 3.7% during the Bush Administration from 4.0% to 7.7%. The unemployment rate under Obama started at the 7.7% under Bush and rose to a high of 10.2 % and is now down to 9.7%, a total of 2% increase in unemployment."

Thanks for pointing it out to me! :2wave:

Is 9.7% higher or lower than 7.7%? Seems to me you were concerned about the Reagan Debt, yet Obama spends 787 billion on stimulus, generates a 1.47 trillion debt his first year, 1.6 trillion this year and not a word.

I suggest you go to BLS.gov and check out the employment and unemployment actual numbers. Four million jobs lost since Jan. 09 and you trumpet that. Shows how screwed up liberals really are

Time for our Sunday Funnies. :2wave:

08Reagan.jpg

I think like a lot of politicians, Reagan had good rhetoric but, his actions were lacking when you follow limited government and individual liberty. If we went by his rhetoric alone then he would have been an awesome president but, his actions made him a bad president.
As POTUS he enacted policies that expanded the role and size of our federal/national government.
If you want examples please ask, thanks.

I think like a lot of politicians, Reagan had good rhetoric but, his actions were lacking when you follow limited government and individual liberty. If we went by his rhetoric alone then he would have been an awesome president but, his actions made him a bad president.
As POTUS he enacted policies that expanded the role and size of our federal/national government.

Current history isn’t kind to the gipper and historians of the future will be saying worse.

Uh dude, its obvious that you didnt carefully examine all 109 pages of this thread. Conservative PWN'D everyone and you didn't see that? Better check your eyes man

Enlighten me, what did i overlook?

Current history will ignore the tribute that Reagan got from the people that mattered, those that lived and worked during his term and benefited from the policies that he enacted. The send off he got during his funeral was quite telling but of course has to be ignored by those who continue to demonize what he stood for. The majority in this country got it, wonder why some never will?

Conservative PWN'D everyone and you didn't see that? Better check your eyes man

Lookee here.... conservative got himself a minion. :lamo Where did conservative PWN anyone? :roll:

Lookee here.... conservative got himself a minion. :lamo Where did conservative PWN anyone? :roll:

The general public stood in long lines waiting for a turn to pay their respects to the president. People passed by the casket at a rate of about 5,000 per hour (83.3 per minute resp. 1.4 per second) and the wait time was about three hours. In all, 104,684 paid their respects when Reagan lay in state.[30][31] The Washington Metro subway set a then daily record in ridership of 850,636 as a result

The general public stood in long lines waiting for a turn to pay their respects to the president. People passed by the casket at a rate of about 5,000 per hour (83.3 per minute resp. 1.4 per second) and the wait time was about three hours. In all, 104,684 paid their respects when Reagan lay in state.[30][31] The Washington Metro subway set a then daily record in ridership of 850,636 as a result

Why don,t you and your minion split a six pack and check out the HBO flick on the gipper.Pay particular attention to hour number 1.20, that is where Iran Contra kicks in.:thumbs:

Last edited:
Perhaps its because not everyone is susceptible to brainwashing.:roll:

Not everyone then was as partisan as you are today. I don't think someone who defends Obama with every post should be talking about someone else being brainwashed. I can back up my so called brainwashing with actual data and facts. Still waiting for an Obama supporter to do the same.

Why don,t you and your minion split a six pack and check out the HBO flick on the gipper.Pay particular attention to hour number 1.20, that is where Iran Contra kicks in.:thumbs:

Watched it and noticed that now Iran Contra was played up. Interesting that GHW Bush got elected in 1988 and even more interesting that Reagan's record with the American people was totally ignored. Seems that the media and Reagan haters are always going to find something to attack Reagan about. Reagan's popularity went up after the speech he gave telling the people that the facts proved him wrong. That of course was ignored just like the Reagan accomplishments were ignored.

I can back up my so called brainwashing with actual data and facts. Still waiting for an Obama supporter to do the same.

Nah, every time you come up with the hotkey(bls.gov)someones standing by to feed it right back to ya lately.You had better get a new scam.;)

Nah, every time you come up with the hotkey(bls.gov)someones standing by to feed it right back to ya lately.You had better get a new scam.;)

So bea.gov, bls.gov. and the U.S. Treasury Data which defines economic conditions, job creation, and financial results for all President's isn't accurate when it goes against your personal opinion or shows Obama results to be a disaster?

So bea.gov, bls.gov. and the U.S. Treasury Data which defines economic conditions, job creation, and financial results for all President's isn't accurate when it goes against your personal opinion or shows Obama results to be a disaster?

When you hit one of them hotkeys ,do you cross your fingers hoping that most people that are looking don,t dig into it and find the holes that you ALWAYS OVERLOOK when it doesn't meet the agenda that your trying to prove? :confused:

When you hit one of them hotkeys ,do you cross your fingers hoping that most people that are looking don,t dig into it and find the holes that you ALWAYS OVERLOOK when it doesn't meet the agenda that your trying to prove? :confused:

Notice how concerned I am about what someone else posts? I have the data to refute what is posted but you have no problem buying anything someone else says as long as it is against me. Facts seem to confuse liberals.

I have the data to refute what is posted but you have no problem buying anything someone else says as long as it is against me. Facts seem to confuse liberals.

Your a legend in you own mind aren't you? :lamo

You sure put a lot of faith in Presidential Rankings but very little in actual results. Says a lot about you and how you swallowed the leftwing rhetoric. Your hatred for Bush and Reagan is misguided.

Tell me why information coming from the Bureau of Economic Analysis, Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Census Bureau, and the U.S. Treasury Dept. only matter when Clinton was in office but aren't credible for Reagan and Bush? That same data however is being totally ignored today which indicates that when information is good for a Republican or bad when it relates to Obama it is ignored but when good for a Democrat, Clinton, it is touted?

You can post all the blog sites or Presidential rankings but when you post data on Bush stating he has just completed 5 years in office you cite polls that have zero credibility.

When you ignore actual economic data and focus solely on blog information or leftwing sites or media reports you destroy your credibility because opinions are trumped by actual facts.

What could/would the " Bureau of Economic Analysis, Bureau of Labor Statistics" possibly have to say about Reagan's ranking versus FDR’s rankings?:2wave:

What could/would the " Bureau of Economic Analysis, Bureau of Labor Statistics" possibly have to say about Reagan's ranking versus FDR’s rankings?:2wave:

BEA.gov formed January 1972 so it wasn't available, BLS was created in 1888 but never published data until 1948

What the HELL? Why Necro a thread that's FIVE YEARS OLD and reply to a POST that is almost FOUR years old??

This is insane.

Moderator's Warning:
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom