• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ron Paul's recent beating

pjohns

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Rand Paul is a libertarian; whereas I might be more accurately described as a neoconservative (a term which, unfortunately, has taken on a bad odor in recent years)--so we are hardly identical.

But the beating that he just took--he believes that it was from out-of-staters, who were hired to do it--is simply beyond the pale. (I would say exactly the same thing if the victim had been a Democrat.)

And this, on the heels of a November 2017 assault (which required the removal of a portion of Sen. Paul's lung, about a year ago).

Thoughts?

Note: You meant Rand Paul, his son, and neither Paul got physical beating of any kind. You lie because you have an agenda.

First he was attacked by a menacing crowd and now he's gotten a beating. What's next, he's in the hospital in critical condition from his 'beating.'

Last edited:
Yes, it was Rand Paul who underwent surgery to remove a portion of his lung.

Rand Paul WAS attacked by his neighbor who broke six of Paul's ribs. The democrat attacker was sentenced to 30 days in jail for the beating.

http://https://www.npr.org/2018/06/15/620440348/neighbor-who-attacked-sen-rand-paul-sentenced-to-30-days-in-prison

Happy to clear that up. ;)

You just said that was in 2017. We're talking about his uncomfortable encounter with a mildly angry crowd.

Also you do know Ron is not Rand right?

The 2017 assault was by his neighbor, over some sort of long-running feud or other. It has nothing to do with this.

I don't see any indication that he was physically attacked, just that some people shouted things at him. The closest the hyperventilating OP comes to reality is:

"In one of the videos, a protester pushes a Metro DC police officer who trips and brushes into Paul. The officer briefly stumbles and regains his footing.

The senator and his wife did not appear to be injured."

Rand Paul assaulted by Black Lives Matter protesters after RNC

So I suppose the cop can arrest the person who pushed him. :shrug:

Sounds like someone was exaggerating when he tweeted

Just got attacked by an angry mob of over 100, one block away from the White House. Thank you to @DCPoliceDept for literally saving our lives from a crazed mob.

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1299219937517613056?s=20

Yes, it was Rand Paul who underwent surgery to remove a portion of his lung.

Rand Paul WAS attacked by his neighbor who broke six of Paul's ribs. The democrat attacker was sentenced to 30 days in jail for the beating.

rand paul beaten by neighbor - Bing

http://https://www.npr.org/2018/06/15/620440348/neighbor-who-attacked-sen-rand-paul-sentenced-to-30-days-in-prison

Happy to clear that up. ;)

How painfully stupid of you.

That was the result of a long-running neighborly feud and has nothing to do with what the OP is hyperventilating about, which appears to be that some people shouted at Rand Paul. And one person shoved a police officer, making him briefly stumble.

You just said that was in 2017. We're talking about his uncomfortable encounter with a mildly angry crowd.

Also you do know Ron is not Rand right?

The 2017 assault that the OP (pjohns) referred to was not a "uncomfortable encounter with a mildly angry crowd." - - It was a felony assault which left Rand Paul seriously injured.

The 2017 assault that the OP (pjohns) referred to was not a "uncomfortable encounter with a mildly angry crowd." - - It was a felony assault which left Rand Paul seriously injured.

We're talking about right now. So you're admitting there was no beating of any kind this year, in 2020, for neither Rand nor Ron Paul, correct? Who cares about a 2017 spout with a neighbor and what relevance does that have to right now?

How painfully stupid of you.

That was the result of a long-running neighborly feud and has nothing to do with what the OP is hyperventilating about, which appears to be that some people shouted at Rand Paul. And one person shoved a police officer, making him briefly stumble.

Stay calm - - nobody was hyperventilating. The OP simply stated that Rand Paul underwent surgery to remove a portion of his lung because his lunatic democrat neighbor beat the crap out him and broke 6 ribs. The neighbor was convicted of felony assault and spent a month in prison for his crime.

You lunatic democrats are a really rabid deplorable group of people aren't you? All you know how to do is attack.

We're talking about right now. So you're admitting there was no beating of any kind this year, in 2020, for neither Rand nor Ron Paul, correct? Who cares about a 2017 spout with a neighbor and what relevance does that have to right now?

Ok, Ok - - I was not aware that Rand Paul was "attacked" last night.

I read a few articles and it appears that there was no actual beating.

Sen. Paul was frightened by the rabid democrat mob. Who wouldn't be?

But Paul didn't say there was any beating - - he just said he was attacked:

“I truly believe this with every fiber of my being, had they gotten at us they would have gotten us to the ground, we might not have been killed, might just have been injured by being kicked in the head, or kicked in the stomach until we were senseless,” said Rand.

Rand Paul has every reason to be fearful of rabid democrats - - one sent him to the HOSPITAL - - TWICE!

The 2017 assault was by his neighbor, over some sort of long-running feud or other. It has nothing to do with this.

I don't see any indication that he was physically attacked, just that some people shouted things at him. The closest the hyperventilating OP comes to reality is:

"In one of the videos, a protester pushes a Metro DC police officer who trips and brushes into Paul. The officer briefly stumbles and regains his footing.

The senator and his wife did not appear to be injured."

Rand Paul assaulted by Black Lives Matter protesters after RNC

So I suppose the cop can arrest the person who pushed him. :shrug:

Sounds like someone was exaggerating when he tweeted

Just got attacked by an angry mob of over 100, one block away from the White House. Thank you to @DCPoliceDept for literally saving our lives from a crazed mob.

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1299219937517613056?s=20

Major fail... ^ Know that you are incapable of minimizing the emotions of those who were accosted last night by a bunch of antisocial misfits pretending to want change.

Kelley Paul: Our harrowing, dystopian night

Thursday night felt like being in a terrifying dystopian novel. The mob swarmed me and my husband, Sen. Rand Paul, in a tight circle, screaming expletives, threats, and shouting, "Say her name." We rushed up to two police officers, and I believe that is the only thing that kept us from being knocked to the ground. Even pressed against the officers, we were greatly outnumbered.

As the mob grew and became more threatening, we literally could not move, and neither could the two officers for several minutes. The rioters were inches from us, screaming in our faces.
That was the worst part. At first, I attempted to meet the eyes of one of the protesters and tried to explain that Rand authored the Justice for Breonna Taylor Act, but it seemed to just infuriate them more, as they called me a "bitch" and "racist wh---" alongside an endless torrent of "f--- yous."

Major fail... ^ Know that you are incapable of minimizing the emotions of those who were accosted last night by a bunch of antisocial misfits pretending to want change.

Kelley Paul: Our harrowing, dystopian night

I attempted to meet the eyes of one of the protesters and tried to explain that Rand authored the Justice for Breonna Taylor Act, but it seemed to just infuriate them more, as they called me a "bitch" and "racist wh---" alongside an endless torrent of "f--- yous."

What a beautiful demonstration of the fact that BLM has nothing to do with the black lives lost at the hands of the police.

This latest act of violence is why I hate liberals.The day of reckoning is coming.After Trump is re-elected he will put an end to this bs.You and your kind are finished.

Note: You meant Rand Paul, his son, and neither Paul got physical beating of any kind. You lie because you have an agenda.
Rand, the son, was attacked by a LW loony neighbor a while back and again last night leaving the RNC.

I like Ron Paul and would have.voted for him

Rand.is..radical nutcase

Back
Top Bottom