• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ron Paul Wins Presidential Straw Poll at CPAC

No... bankrupting a company is very different from a person bankrupting... closing down shop can represent a huge sum of liquid funds even though the company was failure.

I'm sure trumps a decent guy, and he is successful in his own right... but he is a public figure and ripe for attacks...

That said, he's far more of a political newcomer the Paul is, and well... Dr Paul has won a series of positions in elections throughout his career, in other words, Trump is the new guy in town, at least as far as 'electability' is concerned.

What we need is the "new" cause the old is clearly not working.

What we need is the "new" cause the old is clearly not working.

Clever... so why would you vote for a guy that would push for 'more of the same'... sure he'll sweet talk you to convince you otherwise, but you've got to have figured it out. Let's make what was old new again, and many of the problems will disappear over night.

I prefer that kind of responsibility to the alternative....

I would definitely support Ron Paul getting the Republican presidential nomination. His ideas are very...distinct. And having a neo-Confederate running against the black President would bring out the true face of Republicanism nicely.

Actually, I think that the presidential election isn't really a great gauge for the pervasiveness of libertarianism. Most people feel like voting for a third party is a waste of a vote, especially for a presidential election. Libertarianism is growing rapidly. I'm certain that the number of libertarians in this country is far greater than one half of one percent, they just vote for one of the two big parties in important elections.

Guy - I have heard that line of reasoning before. It comes down to "yes I am a Libertarian but I do not vote for the Libertarian but I am still a Libertarian".
Which is like a proclaimed vegetarian going into a restaurant and ordering a steak but still proudly renouncing eating the flesh of animals. In this country, we get to vote only periodically. When push comes to shove, many who claim to be libertarians leave the party of libertarianism at the curb. I think that the Libertarian Party vote for President is indeed a good gauge of the true hardcore Libertarian support. Just look at both Ron Paul and Rand Paul. The libertarians view them as their special pin-up boys but neither can run as anything but a Republican and be competitive.

The mainstream conservative media want someone who is in favor of the expansion of American Empire. They want someone who will not rock the boat, which would mean sinking the Establishment's ship of state. They are big government conservatives.

The fact that Ron Paul, for the second year in a row, is the favored candidate of the people at CPAC is an insult to the conservative Establishment. It indicates that large numbers of conservatives are not willing to go along with the basic agenda of the conservative movement, namely, the expansion of Federal power in the realm of foreign policy, and an unwillingness to roll back the New Deal, Fair Deal, New Frontier, Great Society, and all the rest of the bipartisan expansion of the Federal welfare state.

Ron Paul represents an ideological threat to the entire conservative movement. Because of this, it opposes him and does whatever it can to make certain that whatever publicity he receives, and whatever public support he receives, will not be given favorable treatment. The fact is this: there is a large group of people in the conservative movement who are in favor of Ron Paul's agenda. This is regarded, correctly, as a vote of no-confidence against the conservative Establishment.

It goes without saying that the Republican Establishment, which is to the left of the conservative Establishment, is even less happy with any publicity Ron Paul gets. These people do not want to think about the fact that there are millions of voters out there who are sick and tired of the expansion of the Federal government. These Paulites not only want to stop the expansion of the Federal government, they want to roll back the Federal government.

Setting the Government's Agenda by Gary North

Some analysis on the why so many are pissed at Dr. Paul's victory

Last edited:
Setting the Government's Agenda by Gary North

Some analysis on the why so many are pissed at Dr. Paul's victory

Yup... and that's why, while so many are trying to say Ron Paul can't win... the reality is that Ron Paul CANNOT LOSE! Even if he does not become president he will have the chance to inject his message into the debate, which will cause more people to realize the disconnect between government today and the founding principle's on which the government is founded on.

Then, four years down the line when the country is that much deeper in debt, the government is far more socialized... then someone else can come in and put himself in the firing line while standing for the same principle's that made the country a beacon of freedom the world over.
Edit : That is assuming that this 'socialization' process doesn't lead to any sort of 'hot' takeover of the system.

Back
Top Bottom