• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ron Paul Warns Of Dollar Collapse

Tovarish

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Former congressman says that precious metals will literally become priceless. “As long as we have excessive spending, and excessive computerized money, we are going to see gold go up,” Paul urged, noting that as the value of the dollar is destroyed, everything measured against dollars will increase in value. “If you look at the record of the value of the dollar since the Fed's been in existence, we have about a 2-cent dollar. And gold used to be $20 an ounce. So I'd say the record is rather clear on the side of commodity money.” Paul said. “Six thousand years of history shows that gold always retains value,” Paul added, “and paper always self-destructs.”» Ron Paul: Dollar Will Collapse, Gold Will “Go To Infinity” Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Infowars

hahaha

lol @ Alex Jones

Gold won't fix anything. In fact, it would be worse.

Former congressman says that precious metals will literally become priceless. “As long as we have excessive spending, and excessive computerized money, we are going to see gold go up,” Paul urged, noting that as the value of the dollar is destroyed, everything measured against dollars will increase in value. “If you look at the record of the value of the dollar since the Fed's been in existence, we have about a 2-cent dollar. And gold used to be $20 an ounce. So I'd say the record is rather clear on the side of commodity money.” Paul said. “Six thousand years of history shows that gold always retains value,” Paul added, “and paper always self-destructs.”» Ron Paul: Dollar Will Collapse, Gold Will “Go To Infinity” Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

This is the same thing that libertarian mouthpieces have been preaching for years now - Peter Schiff comes to mind as one of them. Gold goes up. Gold goes down. It is not the mystical libertarian panacea for economic magic.

This is the same thing that libertarian mouthpieces have been preaching for years now - Peter Schiff comes to mind as one of them. Gold goes up. Gold goes down. It is not the mystical libertarian panacea for economic magic.

I think the most important - is the collapse of the dollar. (that is - the collapse of the U.S. financial system.) Gold, silver, or seashells - nothing will change. Soon everyone will know. The best currency - food, medicine, whiskey, tobacco and ammunition.

If we have a total economic collapse, the only metals that will be "priceless precious metals" are lead and cold steel.

If we have a total economic collapse, the only metals that will be "priceless precious metals" are lead and cold steel.

A very accurate observation.

Technically our economy collapsed in 2008, but the government has been using fiat money traded with foreign currency to keep the economy afloat.

So it's not really about avoiding collapse anymore, but preventing the symptoms from being seen.

I think the most important - is the collapse of the dollar. (that is -
the collapse of the U.S. financial system.) Gold, silver, or seashells - nothing will change. Soon everyone will know. The best currency - food, medicine, whiskey, tobacco and ammunition.

Ridiculous.

So your'e saying the collapse of the US dollar will make gold worthless all over the world ??

Do you know how easy it is to do bussiness in foriegn currencies ?

How about you run off and educate yourself before making ridiculous staements about our "doom".

Technically our
economy collapsed in 2008, but the government has been using fiat money traded with foreign currency to keep the economy afloat.

So it's not really about avoiding collapse anymore, but preventing the symptoms from being seen.

Oh good post.

Yes Obama's entire economy is being held up with printing as he kicks the can down the road and with the implementation of ObamaCare there will be no private sector growth to head off more and more QE.

Its his biggest lie yet.

Got this offer today from the lowest priced dealer I've ever found:

90% Silver U.S. Coins ($100 Face Value Bag)

Approximately 71.5 oz. of pure silver. Each bag contains $100 face value of 90% Silver U.S. Coins that are 1964 & before. Coins are either one denomination of dimes or quarters or a mixture of our choice. You may call to request either dimes or quarters and we will do our best to fill your request. Coins condition vary from almost uncirculated to good condition, pictures are just a stock photo and represent coin type and not condition.

Price: $1,679.88 ($23.49 an ounce)

This is the same "junk silver" that used to sell for $1.00 BELOW spot.

Man can not live by currency alone so I also collect medicine.....just in case....

It's pretty said that libertarians and their leader "Uncle Freedom" can only repetitively hope for economic collapse, and have nothing much more to say except hyperinflation is just around the corner, and has been for 230 years.

God, is Paul stupid or what?

But at least he proves the deepseated anti-modernist pathology of libertarianism. He really doesn't like credit and the ability of people to have a decent living via mortgages and loans, not to mention expand their businesses, and he knows that the gold standard would basically lead our economy boldly into the 1880s.

Technically our economy collapsed in 2008, but the government has been using fiat money traded with foreign currency to keep the economy afloat.

Gold is a fiat currency.

No, there is no technical economic definition of collapse. But I imagine it would look something like what conservatives would consider paradise -- a few rich people and a whole lot of poor people who will work for any amount they offer.

Ridiculous.

So your'e saying the collapse of the US dollar will make gold worthless all over the world ??

Do you know how easy it is to do bussiness in foriegn currencies ?

How about you run off and educate yourself before making ridiculous staements about our "doom".

America is dead. Although still twitches in convulsion. (Trying to prove to the world that it of life.) Soon begins to decompose and the smell of rotting even naive fools will understand who is who. And you're right - it's ridiculous.

Gold is a fiat currency.

Hmmm... holding gold in my hand right now... seems pretty real to me.

Gold futures are fiat. Paper trades of gold are fiat. In fact, there are many many times more paper gold than physical gold on the planet. However, if you already have possession of physical gold, the inflated market supply is not really a concern.

Sounds like he's tied up all his portfolio in a South African gold mine.....like any red blooded Republican Libertarian would do if they wanted the dollar to collapse.

America is dead. Although still twitches in convulsion. (Trying to prove to the world that it of life.) Soon begins to decompose and the smell of rotting even naive fools will understand who is who. And you're right - it's ridiculous.

Bing bing. You get the blue ribbon for extreme anti Americanism. Congratulations.

Bing bing. You get the blue ribbon for extreme anti Americanism. Congratulations.

Why anti-Americanism? I call a spade a spade. You're worried about the future. On this you blame me in anti-Americanism. So you lighter live? But the position of the ostrich is not for the thinking person. You can refute?

Why anti-Americanism? I call a spade a spade. You're worried about the future. On this you blame me in anti-Americanism. So you lighter live? But the position of the ostrich is not for the thinking person. You can refute?

You are an anti American. It is obvious. You call spades spades without even understanding the spade. I am not worried about the futture. I have blamed you for nothing other than being anti-American which is obvious to everyone. I didn't understand the last two points and truthfully I don't care that I don't understand them.

You are an anti American. It is obvious. You call spades spades without even understanding the spade. I am not worried about the futture. I have blamed you for nothing other than being anti-American which is obvious to everyone. I didn't understand the last two points and truthfully I don't care that I don't understand them.

Can you view tovarish as an outsider looking in. He hasn't been subjected to the blathering of Rash Limpdick or the MSM propaganda tirade. Perhaps he can see clearly that which has been obfuscated intentionally. Fiat money, gold, values, free markets. Free markets, that's a good one to note. You do know about that department of the US Treasury known as the PPT (plunge protection team) that intervenes in "free markets" to generate ups and downs in those markets. Sorta controlling those "free markets." Sounds just a trifle un-American, don't you think? Manipulation at every turn.

Can you view tovarish as an outsider looking in. He hasn't been subjected to the blathering of Rash Limpdick or the MSM propaganda tirade. Perhaps he can see clearly that which has been obfuscated intentionally. Fiat money, gold, values, free markets. Free markets, that's a good one to note. You do know about that department of the US Treasury known as the PPT (plunge protection team) that intervenes in "free markets" to generate ups and downs in those markets. Sorta controlling those "free markets." Sounds just a trifle un-American, don't you think? Manipulation at every turn.

He is an outsider looking in to something with which he has biased information and no experience. You won't get an argument that the federal government is the biggest impediment to the American way of life. I believe that unequivocably.

Back
Top Bottom