• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Ron Paul to Sunshine Patriots" article about 'GZ Mosque'... Do you agree?

Read OP

• Total voters
Read the article then respond to the poll. Please don't vote unless you've read the article.

Ron Paul to Sunshine Patriots: Stop Your Demagogy About The NYC Mosque! | Ron Paul .com

How much do you agree/disagree with Ron Paul in this article? Explain

Ron Paul's a ****ing idiot, he's answering a question no one asked. We all agree with their right to build the Mosque but it seems Ron Paul is opposed to our right of self ownership not to enter into a contractual obligation to trade our labour for their capital and our right of free speech to encourage others to do the same. He likewise tries to paint the man behind this Mosque as innocent and us as bigots when the fact is this man is an overt Sharia supporting Islamist attempting to build a Mega-Mosque at ground zero who has compared the U.S. unfavorably to AQ, has said that the U.S. was an accessory to 9-11, that OBL was made in the USA, and has refused to condemn Hamas as a terrorist organization, actually come to think of it, he and Ron Paul are ideological fellow travelers. **** Ron Paul, **** him in his stupid hypocritical ass.

Ron Paul's a ****ing idiot, he's answering a question no one asked. We all agree with their right to build the Mosque but it seems Ron Paul is opposed to our right of self ownership not to enter into a contractual obligation to trade our labour for their capital and our right of free speech to encourage others to do the same. He likewise tries to paint the man behind this Mosque as innocent and us as bigots when the fact is this man is an overt Sharia supporting Islamist attempting to build a Mega-Mosque at ground zero who has compared the U.S. unfavorably to AQ, has said that the U.S. was an accessory to 9-11, that OBL was made in the USA, and has refused to condemn Hamas as a terrorist organization, actually come to think of it, he and Ron Paul are ideological fellow travelers. **** Ron Paul, **** him in his stupid hypocritical ass.

Wowzers, that's a lot of vitriol.

As for Paul's statement, I agree with most of it. This "Ground Zero Mosque" issue is drawing out much emotional sensationalism from both the right and the left. As others have stated, no one can dispute the right for them to build and assemble there.

Wise man he is that Dr. Paul.

I mostly agree, it's the biggest non-issue of the year.

Yeppers, Ron Paul is still a fool.

No fool like the old fool.

The libertarian principle to own property does not extend universally everywhere.

I don't see Ron Paul defending this right he says convicted child molesters must have to buy a house across the street from his victim's school and live in it.

But, if you're going to take Paul's silly theory of completely unrestricted property rights to heart, that's exactly what he means.

A man can't buy a half-acre corner lot in a residential neighborhood and build a totally nude strip club. Ain't gonna happen, and Paul wouldn't defend it.

Why are people limited from building willy nilly?

Because property is purchased and sold based on more than acreage. Neighborhood, zoning, and appropriateness of the construction to the community are all perfectly rational libertarian considerations of any project. Libertarians do not live in a vacuum.

It's completely inappropriate for terrorists to be allowed to build a temple to terrorism on Ground Zero. Period. No rational person argues it is. Rationalizing persons who want something else argue for this.

Just in case you're unfamiliar with the term, rationalizing is the process people go through to convince themselves that the third eclair won't show up in their thighs. It's a form of lying that bears a loose resemblance to "reasoning", but the purpose is deceit.

EDIT:
Don't forget,Ron Paul is one of those silly people that actualy subscribe to the notion of Shared Blame. Is it any wonder that Paul wants to turn the discussion away from the victory tower the muslims are trying to build on Ground Zero?

Last edited:
It's completely inappropriate for terrorists to be allowed to build a temple to terrorism on Ground Zero. Period. No rational person argues it is. Rationalizing persons who want something else argue for this.

Just in case you're unfamiliar with the term, rationalizing is the process people go through to convince themselves that the third eclair won't show up in their thighs. It's a form of lying that bears a loose resemblance to "reasoning", but the purpose is deceit.

And that isn't happening. If anyone is rationalizing it's you. Your saying to yourself that it's okay to stop religious freedom because "all muslims are terrorist, and it's a shrine to terror" Give me a break :roll:

Largely agree.

The issue is a moronic distraction.

I feel like this whole thing is being blown way out of proportion. I personally have no issue with the Islamic Center/Mosque being there... but I'd prefer they move it because I'm concerned about their safety... not to mention I'm worried about the collateral damage that could be done if someone tried attacking the Center.

I don't see Ron Paul defending this right he says convicted child molesters must have to buy a house across the street from his victim's school and live in it.

But, if you're going to take Paul's silly theory of completely unrestricted property rights to heart, that's exactly what he means.

Since when were all Muslims part of Al Qaeda? Your example has nothing in common with what is going on in this GZM debate.

Last edited:
And that isn't happening. If anyone is rationalizing it's you. Your saying to yourself that it's okay to stop religious freedom because "all muslims are terrorist, and it's a shrine to terror" Give me a break :roll:

Sorry. If you can't quote what I truly said, don't say I said whatever it is you wish I said.

Thats not rationalizing, that's lying.

Since when were all Muslims part of Al Qaeda? Your example has nothing in common with what is going on in this GZM debate.

Not ALL muslims are building the Temple to Terrorism. People with extremely suspicious connections are promoting this monument to death, and those people are amazingly incapable of calling terrorists organizations what they are. Normal and sane people have no problems identifying Hezbollah and Hamas as terrorist organizations, nor do normal and sane people blame the victim in the 9-11 atrocities.

But the people promoting the Temple to Death can't do that, and the people defeding the people wanting to build a monument to murder don't want to discuss this either.

Then again, you could try to discuss the fact that I presented, namely, that libertarian philosophy does not grant any concept of absolute freedom to build without regards to community standards. That's anarchy, and anarchy is not a libertarian tenet.

Not ALL muslims are building the Temple to Terrorism. People with extremely suspicious connections are promoting this monument to death, and those people are amazingly incapable of calling terrorists organizations what they are. Normal and sane people have no problems identifying Hezbollah and Hamas as terrorist organizations, nor do normal and sane people blame the victim in the 9-11 atrocities.

But the people promoting the Temple to Death can't do that, and the people defeding the people wanting to build a monument to murder don't want to discuss this either.

Then again, you could try to discuss the fact that I presented, namely, that libertarian philosophy does not grant any concept of absolute freedom to build without regards to community standards. That's anarchy, and anarchy is not a libertarian tenet.

What suspicious connections? You mean the guy that is part owner of Fox News?

I thought Paul's comments were spot on with the exception of his misrepresentation of Nancy Pelosi's position on the issue.

“The freedom of religion is a Constitutional right. Where a place of worship is located is a local decision.

“I support the statement made by the Interfaith Alliance that ‘We agree with the ADL that there is a need for transparency about who is funding the effort to build this Islamic center. At the same time, we should also ask who is funding the attacks against the construction of the center.’

“For all of those expressing concern about the 9/11 families, we call upon them to join us in support of the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act when Congress returns in September.”

— Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi¹

If you're not going to pay attention, why are you participating in the discussion?

Imam Rauf is a major supporter of the terrorist flotillas seeking to violate Irsraeli national waters.

Osama bin Laden's half-brother sits on the board of directors of the bank financing the corporation helping to finance the Monument to Martyrdom.

Then there's the very name of the project, the Cordoba Iniitiative, to celebrate the conquest of Christian Spain by the muslim invaders. The deliberate symbolism chosen by the promoters of this temple to martyrdom doesn't disturb you in the slightest?

The people who completely disagree should stop calling themselves Americans because they don't respect our constitution.

Ron Paul - I don't always agree with the man, but this time he is SPOT ON.

And the Daily Show strikes again, false analogy News Corps is a privately traded company, they have no control over who purchases their stock over the open market, Imam Rauf does have control over who he accepts money from, once again proving my theory that Germans love David Hasselhoff and Jon Stewart is a ****ing moron.

Last edited:
The people who completely disagree should stop calling themselves Americans because they don't respect our constitution.

Really? How is exactly exercising free speech and encouraging people to exercise their right of self ownership to refuse to enter into contractual obligations to trade their labour for the Mosque owner's capital anti-Constitutional? Calling for state intervention would be anti-Constitutional but much like Ron Paul you're answering a question no one bloody asked.

Really? How is exactly exercising free speech and encouraging people to exercise their right of self ownership to refuse to enter into contractual obligations to trade their labour for the Mosque owner's capital anti-Constitutional? Calling for state intervention would be anti-Constitutional but much like Ron Paul you're answering a question no one bloody asked.

YouTube - Anti-muslim Rally at Ground Zero

This like this are bound to continue. This was a near miss. I'm talking about hate-crimes.

Last edited:

Scarecrow asked it, and so have others. And Paul answered your question, too:

Many fellow conservatives say they understand the property rights and 1st Amendment issues and don’t want a legal ban on building the mosque. They just want everybody to be “sensitive” and force, through public pressure, cancellation of the mosque construction.

This sentiment seems to confirm that Islam itself is to be made the issue, and radical religious Islamic views were the only reasons for 9/11. If it became known that 9/11 resulted in part from a desire to retaliate against what many Muslims saw as American aggression and occupation, the need to demonize Islam would be difficult if not impossible.

When Ron Paul is right, he is right. This is precisely what many of us have been saying about this ginned up pile of **** "controversy" since the hate merchants started feigning their faux "indignation" and phony self-righteous crapola that somehow their "precious little feelings are all butthurt" that anyone besides their ilk deserve the very same "rights" they DEMAND for themselves. These selective "Constitutionalist" Teabaggers are simply bigots by another name.

Scarecrow asked it, and so have others. And Paul answered your question, too:

No. A legal ban on building a monument to the martyrs on Ground Zero is perfectly acceptable. As I stated, libertarianism isn't anarchy, and communites that don't have standards aren't communities.

What can one say? Ron Paul is right again. Dead on.

Back
Top Bottom