• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ron Paul: Father of the Libertarian Party

I doubr many will see any of these metings because most people are smart enough to not care. These meetings are no more dangerous than Bubba and Jethro meeting back in the barn for a quicky.
first-they-ignore-you-then-you-win-gandhi-1024x576.jpg

Ron Paul is no Gandhi. And to win, libertarians will have to get more than 1 % of the vote, more than 2 %. And that ain't gunna happen. Or you could do like Paul and sell yourself to the republicans, and still lose...

Ron Paul is no Gandhi. And to win, libertarians will have to get more than 1 % of the vote, more than 2 %. And that ain't gunna happen. Or you could do like Paul and sell yourself to the republicans, and still lose...
How many straw men can you pack into one short post?

How many straw men can you pack into one short post?

So you do not plan to win? Good plan, cuz until the libertarian party actually represents the interests of more than 2 % of the population, they are not going to win.

Libertarian hero, Ron Paul is organizing a private meeting at his house in Texas this weekend. It has a familiar tone. Activists, libertarian thinkers, leaders, politicians, and even a few Hollywood stars will be in attendance! Why? To raise money for the libertarian cause, and to propel Rand Paul into the White House. We are beginning to see the same thing that happened with the Tea Party, happen with the Libertarian Movement.

In the coming months you will see Town Hall meetings, libertarian activists on TV, Rallies, Press Conferences, and certain members of the media thinking positively about Libertarian thought. This is the most dangerous over-looked meeting in modern politics. I think we will look back at this meeting in history and realize it was when the Libertarians actually banned together to form a “reputable” voice in politics.

RCP Exclusive: Ron Paul to Host Private Weekend Summit | RealClearPolitics

I'm just curious as to why you would say it's dangerous?

Libertarian hero, Ron Paul is organizing a private meeting at his house in Texas this weekend. It has a familiar tone. Activists, libertarian thinkers, leaders, politicians, and even a few Hollywood stars will be in attendance! Why? To raise money for the libertarian cause, and to propel Rand Paul into the White House. We are beginning to see the same thing that happened with the Tea Party, happen with the Libertarian Movement.

In the coming months you will see Town Hall meetings, libertarian activists on TV, Rallies, Press Conferences, and certain members of the media thinking positively about Libertarian thought. This is the most dangerous over-looked meeting in modern politics. I think we will look back at this meeting in history and realize it was when the Libertarians actually banned together to form a “reputable” voice in politics.

RCP Exclusive: Ron Paul to Host Private Weekend Summit | RealClearPolitics

Dangerous? Hmm...., do you think these people should be arrested and sent to re-education camps? Of course your observation is not Political, or ideological. Let's see. According to the Progressives and you Tea Party and Libertarians are terrorists, #OWS anarchist terrorists are not.

So you do not plan to win? Good plan, cuz until the libertarian party actually represents the interests of more than 2 % of the population, they are not going to win.
Ron and Rand Paul are both Republicans, and everyone already knew that Ron Paul is not Gandhi. They have different names for Kripe's sake. It's really hard to believe that you didn't know these things.

I'm just curious as to why you would say it's dangerous?

If you think the Tea Party is dangerous, then you will agree that the libertarians are worse. If not, then you need to spend more time talking to both of these camps to realize why.

Dangerous? Hmm...., do you think these people should be arrested and sent to re-education camps? Of course your observation is not Political, or ideological. Let's see. According to the Progressives and you Tea Party and Libertarians are terrorists, #OWS anarchist terrorists are not.

Yeah, I never said they were terrorists... Though they do act like it sometimes

Funny how facts are straw men to libertarians. And people wonder why I think they are crazy dangerous idiots... It speaks for itself

The thing I am worried about with this meeting is that this is exactly what the Tea Party did with Karl Rove right before the 2008 elections. They probably cost John McCain the election too (by making him choose Sarah Palin), but nobody is crying about that. The Tea Party people were even less nobody's than the libertarians are today. At least they DO get 1-2% of the vote by themselves. The Tea Party was virtually non-existent before 2006! They didn't even try to create their own party. They just latched onto the Big Money Republicans who fell for their feel good slogans. And in four years they got very close to the White House. I think Sarah Palin considers herself a member and most other Tea Party people do. So while we may safely assume that the libertarians will still continue to be a group of radical fringe conspiracy theorists, we can't always assume that they will stay that way. Especially if they are mobilizing around Rand Paul, this early!

If you think the Tea Party is dangerous, then you will agree that the libertarians are worse. If not, then you need to spend more time talking to both of these camps to realize why.

Well, since I don't have that opportunity, why don't you just tell me. You made the claim.

Well, since I don't have that opportunity, why don't you just tell me. You made the claim.

My explanation is above your last post. You should read it:

The thing I am worried about with this meeting is that this is exactly what the Tea Party did with Karl Rove right before the 2008 elections. They probably cost John McCain the election too (by making him choose Sarah Palin), but nobody is crying about that. The Tea Party people were even less nobody's than the libertarians are today. At least they DO get 1-2% of the vote by themselves. The Tea Party was virtually non-existent before 2006! They didn't even try to create their own party. They just latched onto the Big Money Republicans who fell for their feel good slogans. And in four years they got very close to the White House. I think Sarah Palin considers herself a member and most other Tea Party people do. So while we may safely assume that the libertarians will still continue to be a group of radical fringe conspiracy theorists, we can't always assume that they will stay that way. Especially if they are mobilizing around Rand Paul, this early!

This in no way explains your allegations.

Yes it does, you have to analyze the post. It's in context with how much I hate the Tea Party. I feel these two groups are dangerous because of the stated reasons above.

Yes it does, you have to analyze the post. It's in context with how much I hate the Tea Party. I feel these two groups are dangerous because of the stated reasons above.

None of the things you stated indicate dangerousness except for perhaps in your own mind. They are political parties with no history of violence. Hate all you want, but you shouldn't be making FALSE accusations with absolutely NO evidence to present except for your own paranoid ramblings.

You can't make someone dangerous merely by hating them.

None of the things you stated indicate dangerousness except for perhaps in your own mind. They are political parties with no history of violence. Hate all you want, but you shouldn't be making FALSE accusations with absolutely NO evidence to present except for your own paranoid ramblings.

Dangerous is an opinion, and doesn't necessarily have to be about violence. If I believed that I would have said, they were violently dangerous...They are dangerous to the stability of this country.

You can't make someone dangerous merely by hating them.

If you figure out why I hate them and why I feel they are dangerous I will give you a Like!!!! :D I've specifically stated my opinions let's see if you can piece them together.

after giving i thought should come back to see what was said it seem that i was the only one to offer a real argument the rest of you so called educated people be it liberal or conservative just rambled

Back
Top Bottom