• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ron Paul Appears to Have Suffered Stroke During Live Stream

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
This troubles me

It appears that former Texas Congressman and longtime Libertarian icon Dr. Ron Paul just had a stroke - or some other type of serious medical issue - during a live stream of his "Liberty Report" web series, which garners hundreds of thousands of viewers with every episode

This troubles me

It appears that former Texas Congressman and longtime Libertarian icon Dr. Ron Paul just had a stroke - or some other type of serious medical issue - during a live stream of his "Liberty Report" web series, which garners hundreds of thousands of viewers with every episode

Sadly, that is exactly what it looks like. I wish him well and a speedy recovery.

I hope that isnt the case; best wishes for his health.

the few news articles i can find on this say that he was taken to the hospital quickly. the sooner you are treated for something like this, the better.

It looked like he had a droop on the left side already? I've seen things in my day that are pretty horrific. This hit me

Dr. Paul is unfortunately getting on his years. Best of luck to you Ron.

This troubles me

GOP should draft him as their nominee. Trump wishes he sounded that good.

Oh - thoughts and prayers to the Paul family!

Ron Paul, M.D. had a way to communicate
unequivocally and in few words.

I am an M.D. with dyslexia that is most common in M.D.'s
compared to any of the professions.
And Ron Paul, M.D. just made sense. Remedial sense!

When I discovered this I encouraged M.D. friends to "hear" him.
They all thought of him as a "nut", but upon hearing him were
converts. Likewise a few engineers.

Sadly most Americans could not "hear" him above the noise
of the (paid) political analyst, editorials, and editorials passing as news.
And lacking my dyslexia, could not discover his views.

Moi, M.D. ret.
Where are our new, young, Ron Paul-s?

AmericanPravda.png

I wish him the best, I've had a couple of relatives who suffered with strokes, scary stuff. :(

Ron Paul, M.D. had a way to communicate
unequivocally and in few words.

I am an M.D. with dyslexia that is most common in M.D.'s
compared to any of the professions.
And Ron Paul, M.D. just made sense. Remedial sense!

When I discovered this I encouraged M.D. friends to "hear" him.
They all thought of him as a "nut", but upon hearing him were
converts. Likewise a few engineers.

Sadly most Americans could not "hear" him above the noise
of the (paid) political analyst, editorials, and editorials passing as news.
And lacking my dyslexia, could not discover his views.

Moi, M.D. ret.
Where are our new, young, Ron Paul-s?

I liked it when he and Ross Perot went point/counterpoint

GOP should draft him as their nominee. Trump wishes he sounded that good.

Oh - thoughts and prayers to the Paul family!

This is really uncalled for.

Yeah, not a doctor, but that looked JUST LIKE a stroke.

Well, he certainly looks good there. Most likely he had a TIA and not a full blown stroke.
A TIA is kind of like a baseball field warning track so they can take measures to prevent a stroke.

Point. My father had a TIA a couple of years back and forgot how to talk for 10 minutes.

yeah, he does. i'm interested to know how they treated him. my medical knowledge is sketchy, but i wonder if it was something related to this :

that's assuming that it was actually a stroke. either way, this looks like a potentially good outcome.

I'm no doctor but that would make sense to me too.

Poor man. I actually met Doctor Paul a few times. He's really a god guy. Not a funny, want to have a beer with him type. More salt of the Earth but very very smart.

Back
Top Bottom