• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ron DeSantis

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I think Ron is confused as to how to realize his national ambitions. He seems to be getting bogged down in things that are going to generate public blowback. The public school curriculum of Florida for one. Can Ron peak too early?

I think Ron is confused as to how to realize his national ambitions. He seems to be getting bogged down in things that are going to generate public blowback. The public school curriculum of Florida for one. Can Ron peak too early?
It's when he politically undresses in public that he now seems to forget to get dressed again. It's up to voters to stop closing their eyes here on out. imo

I don't see how he pivots back without serious blowback and the base ain't big enough to win him the prize.

What's being taught and enforced in public schools is a big topic on Fox News and red meat for the base. Ron would run further right for POTUS than Trump ever could.

I believe Republicans have read too much into the Youngkin victory.

Nothing has a shorter memory than the American voter...................case closed..

Doesn't matter.

By the time the GOP Elites kick in with their "splitter" tactics...and assuming Trump hasn't been assassinated by then...Trump will have locked in the GOP Presidential primary.

...and not enough into the Trump defeat....
@Bok_Tukalo
DEMs aren’t paying any attention to what is going on in Virginia, to my dismay. 2021 saw Youngkin lead the sweep of Gov., LT Gov., and AG by 63.7k, 50.3k, and 26.5k respectively.

D’s also lost one of their CDs, Luria, who was on the 1/6 committee. Good stuff there. D’s will win the special election CD in VA in February. Big state legislative elections VA both chambers this year.

VA is just another state trending Red.

Some people are taking him way to seriously.

What's being taught and enforced in public schools is a big topic on Fox News and red meat for the base. Ron would run further right for POTUS than Trump ever could.
DEMs are too arrogant and stupid to watch Fox and the rest, at least on mute, to see the headlines and topics. Directv gives me a newsmix.

I don’t have any idea how much this would sway US voters, but the Pope’s recent statement that being gay should not be a crime (referring to laws in place) contradicts Florida’s ‘don’t say gay.’

Republican candidates tend to live and die based on the suburban mom vote. IMO, he's on the right track with this issue provided he doesn't overplay his hand.

Republican candidates tend to live and die based on the suburban mom vote. IMO, he's on the right track with this issue provided he doesn't overplay his hand.

Trump’s repulsive character motivated them to vote Democratic. Youngkin’s win has led Republicans to believe they can be wooed back with the specter of Toni Morrison novels.

@Bok_Tukalo
DEMs aren’t paying any attention to what is going on in Virginia, to my dismay. 2021 saw Youngkin lead the sweep of Gov., LT Gov., and AG by 63.7k, 50.3k, and 26.5k respectively.

D’s also lost one of their CDs, Luria, who was on the 1/6 committee. Good stuff there. D’s will win the special election CD in VA in February. Big state legislative elections VA both chambers this year.

VA is just another state trending Red.
Trending red? VA has been bluing over the past 20 years. The exception to this has been governor's race, which is 1 year past the POTUS election, has typically gone the opposite way of the POTUS. I don't see a red trend in VA. First off, its much too highly educated and prosperous a state for such nonsense. The northern states that have trended red are generally rust belt states with directionaless economies. That is not VA. For similar reasons, I think NC's days as a red state are also waning.

Most parents don’t want their 3rd graders indoctrinated in communist BS. Welcome to the USA.

Trending red? VA has been bluing over the past 20 years. The exception to this has been governor's race, which is 1 year past the POTUS election, has typically gone the opposite way of the POTUS. I don't see a red trend in VA. First off, its much too highly educated and prosperous a state for such nonsense. The northern states that have trended red are generally rust belt states with directionaless economies. That is not VA. For similar reasons, I think NC's days as a red state are also waning.
D’s LOST the VA house of delegates in 2021, losing 7 seats, besides the Gov., Lt. Gov., and AG. Losing Luria’s seat doesn’t seem to bother you. R’s outvoted D’s STATEWIDE in CDs last year by 109k, better than 2021’s numbers. I back up what I say with data. You don’t.

We’ll see how the state legislative elections go this year with BOTH Virginia chambers up for re-election.

Most parents don’t want their 3rd graders indoctrinated in communist BS. Welcome to the USA.
I think most parents don’t want their 3rd graders exposed to sexual materials and presentations which are inappropriate for their age.

I think most parents don’t want their 3rd graders exposed to sexual materials and presentations which are inappropriate for their age.
.....and I doubt most, if any are. The people yapping the loudest about this are way beyond having 3rd graders. It's just another one of the culture war things to rile up the base.

D’s LOST the VA house of delegates in 2021, losing 7 seats, besides the Gov., Lt. Gov., and AG. Losing Luria’s seat doesn’t seem to bother you. R’s outvoted D’s STATEWIDE in CDs last year by 109k, better than 2021’s numbers. I back up what I say with data. You don’t.
I suggest you read some of my posts. There are very few posters on this site that backup what they say with credible third party evidence better than I. That does not mean every single post... but most of them.

We’ll see how the state legislative elections go this year with BOTH Virginia chambers up for re-election.
One election cycle (yes, two elections, but one cycle each) does not make a trend. While I appreciate your data, plotting two datapoints and thinking you have a trajectory is not good science.

Virginia has moved from a red state early in this century to a generally blue state. It is a purple state. Purple states can swing both ways, but the movement over 20 years have been a pronounced bluing of the state.

The Democrats lost 10 seats in 2022 (not the 30 or so that many thought they would lose) They lost 4 of them in New York. I am not going to suggest New York is trending red, are you? Nor would I conclude Virginia is trending red.

Last edited:
Trumpism is evil.

Even when it's just someone making POE posts to troll the left.

Back
Top Bottom