• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ron DeSantis Trails Democrat Charlie Crist in New Poll After Migrant Flight

It would mean you would have to address the facts, but believe me, I get it, you ain't gonna do that.
They have no facts. All they have are emotions. Did you know that the lawsuit is spearheaded by the Soros group? Not that it would matter to you that this maniac evil billionaire is trying to destroy America from within. He has a seething hatred for America.

Do they now have the promised jobs?
martha's Vineyard, that bastion of liberalism was chock full of slaves and didn't need any more so they sent them away in a day.

Some folks may be overestimating the appeal of DeSantis' sadistic cruelty and cynicism.

Cruelty? Many would say he did them all a huge favor with a tax payer funded trip to sanctuary cities and states. Moreover, I think you dramatically underestimate how much anger there is about the administration's handling of immigration in border states.

Nobody cares about the juvenile games you play,.

It was a giant dog whistle. An open play to bigotry and white resentment. A shout out to the ugliest and lowest part of American political culture.

And trump nation loved it. A straight up appeal to trump nation’s real core value.

DiSantis hit a home run with this play.
No answer then? Are "immigrants stupid' and didn't know what they were signing? Do they need the help of the Soros foundation? If you were told you could have a new job in Chicago and they would send you there for free, would you sign a waiver?

Cruelty? Many would say he did them all a huge favor with a tax payer funded trip to sanctuary cities and states. Moreover, I think you dramatically underestimate how much anger there is about the administration's handling of immigration in border states.
Massachusetts isn't a Sanctuary State. It's a liberal state with a Republican Governor.

martha's Vineyard, that bastion of liberalism was chock full of slaves and didn't need any more so they sent them away in a day.
The Legal Immigrants were enticed with job offers. Job offers that didn't exist. Will FLa. make good on the faux job offers in any way?

The Legal Immigrants were enticed with job offers. Job offers that didn't exist. Will FLa. make good on the faux job offers in any way?
Let the Soros group do what they do and destroy America by ignoring the fact that Florida and Texas were not told they would be getting tens of thousands of illegal aliens and depositions to find out what Mayorkis promised them when they sent them there.

I can't imagine DeSantis not winning but I have seen some coverage that suggests the Cuban and Venezuelan communities in South FL are very unhappy with his tactic on the amnesty seekers who are in the country lawfully. Remember that is how those voters in FL who support the GOP got there. I think overall the deceitful movement of those amnesty seekers will backfire on him but not enough to cost him the election.
Puerto Rico is the group to watch. there are so few Venezuelans .. Cubans are pretty solid forSeSantis

Puerto Rico is the group to watch. there are so few Venezuelans .. Cubans are pretty solid forSeSantis
There is a large Venezuelan community in FL. Cubans have been supportive of DeSantis but if he starts playing games like this with amnesty seekers, which Cubans are.he will p[ay.

There is a large Venezuelan community in FL. Cubans have been supportive of DeSantis but if he starts playing games like this with amnesty seekers, which Cubans are.he will p[ay.
States with highest Venezuelan population
Florida – 102,116 (0.5% of state population)

None of the "many" people who say that care about the migrants. They just want everyone who is considered an illegal immigrant to get out of Florida.

While I think this stunt by DeSantis will hurt him politically, I don't for a moment think that Crist is actually in the lead because of it.

None of the "many" people who say that care about the migrants. They just want everyone who is considered an illegal immigrant to get out of Florida.

"Considered" an illegal immigrant? You either crossed the border illegally or not, plain and simple. It is really easy for states far away from the border to hold vaunted ideals when they never see the problem and demand it be kept far away from them.

Massachusetts isn't a Sanctuary State. It's a liberal state with a Republican Governor.

Call it a hunch, MA isn't out there looking to deport/report/cooperate with DHS.

No answer then? Are "immigrants stupid' and didn't know what they were signing? Do they need the help of the Soros foundation? If you were told you could have a new job in Chicago and they would send you there for free, would you sign a waiver?

I told you I’m not going to play your childish little games.

As for this:

”If you were told you could have a new job in Chicago and they would send you there for free, would you sign a waiver?”

If the person trying to get you to sign knows its a lie, and the only thing waiting is a television camera ready to broadcast your disappointment so that bigots can get a charge out of the casual cruelty of it, than what does that say?

And, more importantly, what does it say about the people who get a kick out if it.

It’s about exloitation.

And here you are cheering at the top of your lungs for it.

The casual cruelty of this cynical stunt

States with highest Venezuelan population
Florida – 102,116 (0.5% of state population)
I don't think you are making the connection. Large numbers of amnesty seekers at the border are Cubans. Cubans and Venezuelans are running from their countries for the same reasons. Cubans are sympathetic to the plight of the Venezuelans. If they turn against DeSantis over his treatment of Venezuelan amnesty seekers there legally he is in big trouble.

"Considered" an illegal immigrant? You either crossed the border illegally or not, plain and simple. It is really easy for states far away from the border to hold vaunted ideals when they never see the problem and demand it be kept far away from them.

Many immigrants are labeled illegals by the Trump Party just because Republicans do not want them here, even if they did all the necessary paperwork and have green cards.

I told you I’m not going to play your childish little games.

As for this:

”If you were told you could have a new job in Chicago and they would send you there for free, would you sign a waiver?”

If the person trying to get you to sign knows its a lie, and the only thing waiting is a television camera ready to broadcast your disappointment so that bigots can get a charge out of the casual cruelty of it, than what does that say?

And, more importantly, what does it say about the people who get a kick out if it.

It’s about exloitation.

And here you are cheering at the top of your lungs for it.

The casual cruelty of this cynical stunt
Since the evil Marxist/Communist Soros is bankrolling and putting forward these complaints we cannot believe a word of what these people are saying.

The intent is to stop DeSantis. I hope he sends a thousand to Martha's Vineyard next week. This evil by Soros and his henchmen needs to stop.

Let the Soros group do what they do and destroy America by ignoring the fact that Florida and Texas were not told they would be getting tens of thousands of illegal aliens and depositions to find out what Mayorkis promised them when they sent them there.
Non sequitur!

Charlie Crist has been Florida's governor before. Ron DeSantis is pretending his opponent only cares about Joe Biden's policies without telling the truth about what they are. I am scared because surprisingly there is no anti-DeSantis or pro-Crist propaganda yet. Crist needs to correct all of the DeSamtos campaign's obvious lies about him and he is not doing it.
Parties tend to put energy, ads, and money into races they think are worth their money and energy. I can't imagine Dems will put too much energy into this race. One never knows an election outcome until it's over, but I sure think a Crist loss is highly likely in this particular contest.

This isnt going to go over well. HAHAHA

jackass!!

A new poll out of Florida shows that the recent move by Governor Ron DeSantis to transport migrants from Texas to the Northeast could come back to haunt him in his re-election bid against Democrat Charlie Crist.

After months in the lead, DeSantis trails Crist by 6 points in a poll by The Political Matrix and The Listener Group. If accurate, it would represent a wild swing in the race. A landline poll of likely voters from The Listener Group in June of 2021 showed DeSantis with a nearly double-digit lead over all potential Democratic opponents, meaning the move to ship migrants would have resulted in an almost 16-point shift in the polls.

By comparison, the U.S. Supreme Court's decision this June to overturn the landmark abortion protections under Roe v. Wade only shifted the national generic ballot by about 4.5 points. To date, polling aggregates by FiveThirtyEight showed DeSantis with a 6-point lead over Crist with fewer than 50 days to the election.

Though the new poll is an outlier, Greg Fink—a conservative-leaning strategic consultant for The Listener Group—said he stands by the result, saying it matches a decline in DeSantis' support that began with his targeting of school boards that did not support his 2021 executive order banning masks in schools.
Three things:

1. Never heard of this pollster, and it doesn't even have a pollster rating in the 538 forecast. Take it with a grain of salt.

2. Polls, especially from untrustworthy sources, can make incorrect predictions, and how an election may turn out cannot be solely based on one poll.

3. DeSantis has led in every poll, including polls just before this one.

Another small sample of how absurdly ridiculous the liberal media is.

Correct.

This poll company can't even be found on the 538 Pollster Ratings. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/

Thus, IMO it is likely a "push-poll" designed to indicate the pollster preferences in order to sway voters, rather than an on-the-ground factual assessment of actual voter preferences.

As for the assertion it is a "conservative" organization, so is the Log Cabin Republicans, who are alleged RINO's.

Moreover, I think you dramatically underestimate how much anger there is about the administration's handling of immigration in border states.
YES! Talk about something which the left both wanted and deliberately created - and somehow convinced themselves they could effectively brush the extreme and predictable ramifications under the rug. It's remarkable how blind and ignorant they must have thought the people of the country to be.

Back
Top Bottom