• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ron DeSantis and Bridget Ziegler reshaping Florida's public schools.

It is all subjective isn't it? For my history class my Teacher would have us listen to Rush. The nature of educational value is by definition subjective.
Then here we are but in acknowledging this you can’t simply use the parents don’t want it card since different parents want different things.

I’ve never advocated for free education and student debt being wiped away.

And even if a “minimal impact on tuition” - DeSantis made college that much more expensive for public school students in FL.
Not if they go to junior college or community college.

I want to know the tangible evidence showing African American history has educational value.

No they don't. Parents have the right to decide what type of education their children will be exposed too.

Do you have children? If you tell a child no on something like this, without a valid reason why, they are going to break their necks to do it on the sly.

You tell your kids, “No we can’t teach you about what we did to the scary black folk,” and the kids are gonna be like, “WTF did we do? Ima go find out.”

I want to know the tangible evidence showing African American history has educational value.
I want to know why you think you’re even remotely qualified or entitled to make that request.

Again, school isn't a type of social experiment where we treat them like lab rats.

Public school shouldn't be a laboratory for made scientists to conduct their experiments.

How are they being treated like lab rats, simply by teaching them history? Actual history - not the white-washed version.

Listen - present company included - we can see what happens to people who demonize education. But just because you want to be a slack-jawed knuckle-dragger who refuses to accept our jaded past doesn’t mean that others feel the same way.

It is all subjective isn't it? For my history class my Teacher would have us listen to Rush. The nature of educational value is by definition subjective.

Wait - how old are you, Bucky? There is so much to unpack with this post - but I need to know before I go further.

I want to know why you think you’re even remotely qualified or entitled to make that request.

The anti-woke act received 75% support from Floridians. That's more than just a slight majority.

I would guess 75% of Floridians support removing AA studies. AA studies are essentially already covered in A history.

That moron's teaching certificate should be revoked.

Rush Limbaugh? As if the verbal diarrhea he spewed was real? Seriously?

Actual history, not republican revisionist "history".

I learned about MLK jr in American history.

Some events are so traumatic we should not teach them to minors.

Kids can get ptsd and suffer from severe emotional distress.

I learned about MLK jr in American history.

Some events are so traumatic we should not teach them to minors.

Kids can get ptsd and suffer from severe emotional distress.
Maybe you should be concerned about things like school shootings and lockdown drills then.

Maybe you should be concerned about things like school shootings and lockdown drills then.

So you have no problem showing minors pictures of dead bodies from concentration camps?

That's sick.

So you have no problem showing minors pictures of dead bodies from concentration camps?

That's sick.

I asked you several times how old you are. Why don’t you answer?

I’m calling bullshit that your history teacher let you listen to Rush during history class.

The anti-woke act received 75% support from Floridians. That's more than just a slight majority.

I would guess 75% of Floridians support removing AA studies. AA studies are essentially already covered in A history.
This “analysis” is a good indication of the quality of education you seem to want

That moron's teaching certificate should be revoked.

Rush Limbaugh? As if the verbal diarrhea he spewed was real? Seriously?
He seeems to think this os the “quality” education kids need.. Listening to Rush…

AP classes ARE optional so I don't understand the point as no one forces a student to take an AP class and should be available for any student who wants to take it as it also gives college credit

The classes are administered by the College Board

In addition to that there are AP classes offered on European, Asian and other cultural groups so why are AA classes targeted?

For DeSantis to say he does not see AA studies as adding educational value is an insult and frankly racist

Last edited:
AP classes ARE optional so I don't understand the point as no one forces a student to take an AP class and should be available for any student who wants to take it as it also gives college credit

The classes are administered by the College Board

In addition to that there are AP classes offered on European, Asian and other cultural groups so why are AA classes targeted?

For DeSantis to say he does not see AA studies as adding educational value is an insult and frankly racist
They aren’t even pretending any more

Back
Top Bottom