• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Romney vs. Obama-Romney winning Independent Voters

Impressive in what way? Where are the actual results associated with those claims? Do you think that will resonate with the 25 million plus Americans unemployed, or the lost businesses, meager economic growth, rising misery index, and total lack of leadership? Results matter, not rhetoric. Don't tell me what you think you have done, tell me exactly what you have done.
over the next year you will hear exactly what he has done, repeatedly....as the campaign kicks into gear...reminds me...need to send my contribution to obama re-election fund..

Why people do what they do is a question that often only they can answer. However, I think it is safe to say that people in general do not trust what conservative from debatepolitics.com has to say over their own beliefs and experiences. I imagine that the vast majority of people don't know or don't care who you are.

Also, from your article

So, I am curious how you predict that people who Obama has a double digit lead over will suddenly become front runners? Its not as if the polling was an either or question, candidates were matched against obama individually, meaning that a person being polled can like Gingrich, Romney, Parry, or whoever else as much as they want and not be forced to choose. Thus one candidate does not crowd out another.

What was the Bill Clinton lead at this time during the campaign process in 1991-1992? During the campaign people get married to a candidate and when that candidate drops out their vote will go to someone else. We have no idea who is being polled nor do poll numbers matter at this point, just great fodder for an Obama supporter giving them hope and the question is why? What is it about obama that deserves a second term?

over the next year you will hear exactly what he has done, repeatedly....as the campaign kicks into gear...reminds me...need to send my contribution to obama re-election fund..

What a surprise, you supporting Obama? You have no idea what leadership is thus I wouldn't expect anything less. Cannot wait to hear what he has done and I am sure that the 25 million unemployed/under employed Americans will be happy to hear it as well. Apparently results don't matter because you ignore them. What you think he has done trumps the actual results of what he has done.

What was the Bill Clinton lead at this time during the campaign process in 1991-1992? During the campaign people get married to a candidate and when that candidate drops out their vote will go to someone else. We have no idea who is being polled nor do poll numbers matter at this point, just great fodder for an Obama supporter giving them hope and the question is why? What is it about obama that deserves a second term?

He's not Herman Cain, Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, et al. Romney and a few others have a valid case but they are fare too level-headed for the conservative base to get behind.

What a surprise, you supporting Obama? You have no idea what leadership is thus I wouldn't expect anything less. Cannot wait to hear what he has done and I am sure that the 25 million unemployed/under employed Americans will be happy to hear it as well. Apparently results don't matter because you ignore them. What you think he has done trumps the actual results of what he has done.
oh, i have an idea of what leadership is, and i don't see it in any of the current republican crop. and please, don't speak of 'results' as you have no understanding of what 'results' are, so long as their is an (R) next to the name, you are all good, and thats all you need to know.

You seem to always look backwards when it comes to a Republican but not with Obama. Why did you vote for Obama in the first place with his background? Now you have actual results and will vote for him again. That says a lot about you
Come on Conservative, you can do it, what was the reason Romney gave for quitting the race in 2008?

oh, i have an idea of what leadership is, and i don't see it in any of the current republican crop. and please, don't speak of 'results' as you have no understanding of what 'results' are, so long as their is an (R) next to the name, you are all good, and thats all you need to know.

Give me an example of Obama leadership on the economy? He appointed Simpson/Bowles and then never took one idea that they offered. You claim I have no idea what results are yet you haven't explained how I am wrong? I am waiting for which of the Obama results are wrong?

Last edited:
I have no idea nor does it matter 3-4 years later. If Romney is the candidate I will be voting for him
has an (R) next to the name, no shocker here folks.

What link did you get that piece of BS from? Do you think that if Obama did what you posted that his approval ratings would be higher? Much of what you claim either didn't happen or were begun by Bush and none of it trumps the 25 plus million unemployed/under employed, 4.4 trillion added to the debt, declining labor force, rising misery index but apparently that doesn't matter to you. Notice a lot of intention to do this, authorized discussions to do that, ordered a review of this and that. Where are the concrete results that actually matter to the American people? You can fool some of the people all of the time and that would be the Obama base.

The link was provided for you in the post.

Events are one thing and are independent of popularity which may or may not have anything to do with reality.

What you BELIEVE is what you want to BELIEVE because you chose to BELIEVE it. It matters not to me. But quit this fraud of asking silly pointless questions that have been already answered for you.

Actually Romney doesn't have the Obama results hanging around his neck
nope, he sure doesnt...he doesnt have an improving economy, can't say that bin laden was killed on his watch.....i could go on, but i don't want your head to explode..lol

It absolutely matters, because it shows how phony the guy is.

There is no bigger phony than the guy you voted for in 08. He misled a lot of people some still being misled today. He convinced you and others he was a leader but his resume showed exactly who he was. You ignored the resume and bought the rhetoric.

There is no bigger phony than the guy you voted for in 08. He misled a lot of people some still being misled today. He convinced you and others he was a leader but his resume showed exactly who he was. You ignored the resume and bought the rhetoric.

Romney's reason for dropping out of the race was one of the following pick one.

1. He's spent too much of his own money?
  2. John McCain is kicking his butt?
  3. Because it's necessary to win the WOT?

nope, he sure doesnt...he doesnt have an improving economy, can't say that bin laden was killed on his watch.....i could go on, but i don't want your head to explode..lol

You mean the 45 minute gun battle that Obama claimed happened or the 90 second battle that the SEALS claimed happened. Doubt that the 25 million unemployed/under employed Americans and millions of more contract and businesses that are out of business really care about Bin Laden

Romney's reason for dropping out of the race was one of the following pick one.

1. He's spent too much of his own money?
  2. John McCain is kicking his butt?
  3. Because it's necessary to win the WOT?

Wonder if Obama will take that advice from Shoen and Caddell

You mean the 45 minute gun battle that Obama claimed happened or the 90 second battle that the SEALS claimed happened. Doubt that the 25 million unemployed/under employed Americans and millions of more contract and businesses that are out of business really care about Bin Laden
noticed you ignored the improving economy...very telling imo...lol

Your not going to pick 1, 2 or 3?

No because you left out "for the good of the party" which is the published reason for dropping out. Romney vs. Obama? Hmmm, not a difficult choice because it will be Romney vs. the Obama results and the Obama results suck

noticed you ignored the improving economy...very telling imo...lol

If you add 4.4 trillion to the debt shouldn't there be an improving economy? Please cite for me data to support what you perceive as an improving economy? Are the economic numbers in 2011 better than 2010? Do we have more people employed today than when he took office and before the spending occurred? Is the economic growth stronger this year vs. last year? Show me that you are capable of doing some research or do you simply buy what your steward tells you?

No because you left out "for the good of the party" which is the published reason for dropping out. Romney vs. Obama? Hmmm, not a difficult choice because it will be Romney vs. the Obama results and the Obama results suck
for the good of the party=he knew he didnt have a prayer of winning

for the good of the party=he knew he didnt have a prayer of winning

Shoen and Caddell believe the same thing about Obama. Is Obama going to drop out and if so what will your union do?

Shoen and Caddell believe the same thing about Obama. Is Obama going to drop out and if so what will your union do?
why do you care what my union would do?

He misled a lot of people some still being misled today. He convinced you and others he was a leader but his resume showed exactly who he was. You ignored the resume and bought the rhetoric.

LOL.....oh the irony is too much......

Back
Top Bottom