• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Romney steps into GOP Decency Vacuum....

JMR

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

“What happened here today was an insurrection, incited by the President of the United States,” he said. “Those who choose to continue to support his dangerous gambit by objecting to the results of a legitimate, democratic election will forever be seen as being complicit in an unprecedented attack against our democracy.”
He added, “In light of today’s sad circumstances, I ask my colleagues: Do we weigh our own political fortunes more heavily than we weigh the strength of our Republic, the strength of our democracy, and the cause of freedom? What is the weight of personal acclaim compared to the weight of conscience?”
Romney said, “We must not be intimidated or prevented from fulfilling our constitutional duty. We must continue with the count of electoral college votes. … The truth is that President-elect [Joe] Biden won this election. President Trump lost.”

The sound of silence from most of the GOP, not to mention the absence of Homeland Security and Defense Department is even more frightening than the wannabe patriots who slipped into terrorism and according to Trump, an excellent adventure they will never forget...... can't get any sicker.

This has to end soon. Hopefully a few more Republicans will shake off their fear of Trump, and reject this kind of base.

Twitter locks Trump’s account for 12 hours. Should be until 1/20.

Trump lost the majority of the GOP today. America needs to remember this for future elections.

Twitter locks Trump’s account for 12 hours. Should be until 1/20.

Trump lost the majority of the GOP today. America needs to remember this for futures.

I hope you're right. If not we might as well hang it up.

I hope you're right. If not we might as well hang it up.
The GOP will resurrect for the 2022’s. They own the majority of the state legislatures. Fox GOP members want to ‘reform’ State election laws, like in the 6-8 ‘disputed’ states.

The GOP needs to take a seat in the corner for a while, and hopefully use that time for introspection so they can determine how they ended as bootlickers to a narcissist.

my biggest issue with Romney is he happily took Trump's endorsement in 2012 when Trump was at the peak of his birtherism. Still, good to see some within his party speak against him since most are worthless cowards.

Reactions: JMR
The GOP needs to take a seat in the corner for a while, and hopefully use that time for introspection so they can determine how they ended as bootlickers to a narcissist.

They won't. There is no bottom to this. They will continue to stoke this for political power. They are a death cult that worships a line that is generated in Lower Manhattan and if that line points down for any reason, people have to die to make it go back up.

Don't worry. The GOP will learn from this, and they will win many more elections, even if they have to stop every last person of color and every last democrat from voting. It's a big order but they'll figure it out

Back
Top Bottom