• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Romney Predicted to win November election[W:172]

No it is called The Great Recession by the NBER which is comprised of people who hold things like doctorates in economics from top Universities and know way more than you could ever hope to.

I don't recall those people being around in the 81-82 recession and volunteering to pay my high interest rates, high cost of living, and helping reduce the 10.8% unemployment rate.

I do realize that nothing is going to change your mind as you continue to play your game to get attention but it really doesn't matter whether or not the 81-82 recession was worse than the 2007-09 recession but both are over and it is the recovery that matters. Obama's incompetence and desire to turn this country into an entitlement society remains the problem. He owns the recovery, he owns the 16.2 trillion dollar debt, 22.7 million U-6, 47 million on food stamps, the four Dead Americans in Libya, Obamacare.

I am going to change my mind since I live in TX and am somewhat insulated from Obamanomics. Give the incompetent everything he wants, high taxes on those evil job creators, massive entitlements and redistribution of wealth, appeasement to our enemies, greater growth in the size of govt, massive debt. Going to be interesting to see you and others continuing to defend him as the country gets annexed by Greece

Me too, what free stuff are you talking about?

Anything someone gets that they don't pay for starting with food stamps, cell phones, Obamacare, Medicaid, the 3.8 trillion dollar federal operating expenses that fund debt service, the military and all the govt. agencies that are supposed to benefit these people.

I don't recall those people being around in the 81-82 recession and volunteering to pay my high interest rates, high cost of living, and helping reduce the 10.8% unemployment rate.

I do realize that nothing is going to change your mind as you continue to play your game to get attention but it really doesn't matter whether or not the 81-82 recession was worse than the 2007-09 recession but both are over and it is the recovery that matters. Obama's incompetence and desire to turn this country into an entitlement society remains the problem. He owns the recovery, he owns the 16.2 trillion dollar debt, 22.7 million U-6, 47 million on food stamps, the four Dead Americans in Libya, Obamacare.

I am going to change my mind since I live in TX and am somewhat insulated from Obamanomics. Give the incompetent everything he wants, high taxes on those evil job creators, massive entitlements and redistribution of wealth, appeasement to our enemies, greater growth in the size of govt, massive debt. Going to be interesting to see you and others continuing to defend him as the country gets annexed by Greece

Well since you know so much more than the NBER why don't ya just call them up and tell them all about it. I'm sure they would appreciate it:lamo

I don't recall those people being around in the 81-82 recession

BTW the NBER has been around since 1920

Well since you know so much more than the NBER why don't ya just call them up and tell them all about it. I'm sure they would appreciate it:lamo

BTW the NBER has been around since 1920

Doesn't matter how long they have been around and what they call the 2007-2009 recession. Obama took office the end of January 2009, implemented no economic policies that ended the recession in June 2009. He has been in office four years now and the economic results are a disaster TODAY, not four years ago. For some reason you want badly to give Obama a pass probably just to provoke me but you know as well as I know that you wouldn't have a job today generating the results we have today four years after taking the job. You can only blame someone else for so long

Doesn't matter how long they have been around and what they call the 2007-2009 recession. Obama took office the end of January 2009, implemented no economic policies that ended the recession in June 2009. He has been in office four years now and the economic results are a disaster TODAY, not four years ago. For some reason you want badly to give Obama a pass probably just to provoke me but you know as well as I know that you wouldn't have a job today generating the results we have today four years after taking the job. You can only blame someone else for so long

I bet the big wigs staying on at Hostess would disagree with you.

Anything someone gets that they don't pay for starting with food stamps, cell phones, Obamacare, Medicaid, the 3.8 trillion dollar federal operating expenses that fund debt service, the military and all the govt. agencies that are supposed to benefit these people.
Wasn't Romney promising a 20% tax break for everyone???

Wasn't Romney promising a 20% tax break for everyone???

What did Simpson/Bowles propose? You asked for a list of the freebies and I gave a few of them to you. Where is your outrage?

You know I already have and know the answer, it isn't a pretty picture for the workers just like most union management's financial position.

Yeah sure then why ask stupid question in the first place:roll:

What did Simpson/Bowles propose? You asked for a list of the freebies and I gave a few of them to you. Where is your outrage?
Why did President win the election? Was it the "Obama phones" that did the trick?? :lamo

Why did President win the election? Was it the "Obama phones" that did the trick?? :lamo

Why? because there are a lot of idiots out there that are dependent on the Federal Govt. and want to buy the Obama rhetoric ignoring personal responsibility and the Obama results. Then there are people like you who should be smarter than this. The combination led to a victory by someone who doesn't deserve four more years.

I wish Bush would have thought of that ObamaPhone idea. Then we could have a lock on the White House while giving away BushPhones and McCainPhones.

I wish Bush would have thought of that ObamaPhone idea. Then we could have a lock on the White House while giving away BushPhones and McCainPhones.

Actually HE was the one that created the damn thing! But of course the conservative spin doctors dont want you to know that. :roll:

Actually HE was the one that created the damn thing! But of course the conservative spin doctors dont want you to know that. :roll:

He is also the one that began the GM/Chrysler bailout as well but seems that the left ignores that reality. Obama always takes credit for anything good but never takes responsibility for anything bad.

I'm sure an article similar to the one linked herein has already been posted, but for the "Conservatives" out there who still cling tightly to the GOPs old idealogical script, maybe after reading said article (and others like it) people within the GOP will start to change their tune. And mind you, no one's saying you should drop your core values, but the Party of Lincoln certainly needs to conduct a "self-check" and come to understand that "your White father and grandfather's party is slowly becoming obsolete". And the reasons for that are vast.

To get a better understanding of what the far-Right is up against, read the article.

Republicans: GOP needs to get with the times

"We need to make sure that we're not perceived as intolerant," said Ron Kaufman, a veteran Republican strategist who advised Romney's campaign. "The bottom line is we were perceived to be intolerant on some issues. And tone-deaf on others."

Republicans also said the party has to work on its relationship with working-class voters.

"Republicans have to start understanding that small business and entrepreneurs are important, but the people who work for them are also important," said Rep. Charles Bass, R-N.H., who lost his seat to Democrat Ann Kuster. "We've got to be compassionate conservatives."

In the immortal words of Yoda, the great Jedi Master, "That is why you failed."

Learn and Enjoy! :2wave:

(Sidenote: It's interesting how this thread quickly got derailed from "a Romney victory prediction" to "blame Obama for everything" once again. Deflection...classic MO for a particular poster, but one should expect nothing less.)

Last edited:
So I will take that to mean you cannot come up with the Treasury Department data showing that the Iraq War cost 4 trillion, now 3 trillion dollars? That is exactly what I thought.

No, you should take it as I see no reason to provide data to someone who does not understand data. You have on dozens of occasions irrefutably shown you do not understand even the most basic of terms. I see no reason to provide you actual data when you have shown the inability to understand it.

If you cannot figure out when BLS tables are cumulative or not, you should not be discussing anything involving numbers.

He is also the one that began the GM/Chrysler bailout as well but seems that the left ignores that reality. Obama always takes credit for anything good but never takes responsibility for anything bad.

Its called being a politician. You think Bush didnt screw up in a huge way and didnt say anything about it?

As a matter of fact, just the other day President Obama gave credit to Bush about starting the GM/Chrysler bailout. In my opinion, Bush did a good thing for doing so because they may have survived the financial crises without out it.

Its called being a politician. You think Bush didnt screw up in a huge way and didnt say anything about it?

Right, because unlike you I know basic civics and understand that Democrats were more concerned about regaining the WH than doing what was right for the country

As a matter of fact, just the other day President Obama gave credit to Bush about starting the GM/Chrysler bailout. In my opinion, Bush did a good thing for doing so because they may have survived the financial crises without out it.

Conservative thinks I'm on the left and I've openly said one of the few things Bush did right was start the bailout.

Well, if we use Conservative's logic, Obama isn't Obama. Pathological adherence to one's beliefs to the point they are self contradicting doesn't suggest much thinking is going on.

Right, because unlike you I know basic civics

Your posts do not suggest this as you keep blaming the branch of government that legislates nothing and spends no money for our financial issues. Furthermore, you deliberately ignore how Congress actually has far more impact on the economy but you say nothing about it.

Right, because unlike you I know basic civics and understand that Democrats were more concerned about regaining the WH than doing what was right for the country

I know, unlike you, that conservatives hated Obama sooooo much they put their hatred infront of whats good for the country!!!

Back
Top Bottom