• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Romney on Greene, Gosar: 'I have morons on my team'

itstony

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Mitt is a very good judge of character. 🤣

Just wish he was a few years younger and his wife in better health, he would still be a great president.

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) on Sunday slammed a pair of House Republicans after they attended a conference hosted by a prominent white nationalist over the weekend.

"Marjorie Taylor Greene and Paul Gosar, I don’t know them," Romney said during an appearance on CNN. "I’m reminded of the old line from the Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid movie where one character says, 'Morons, I have morons on my team.'"

The senator added there is "no place" in either political party for white nationalism or racism, calling it "simply wrong" for elected leaders associated themselves with white nationalists.

Just wish he was a few years younger and his wife in better health, he would still be a great president.

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) on Sunday slammed a pair of House Republicans after they attended a conference hosted by a prominent white nationalist over the weekend.

"Marjorie Taylor Greene and Paul Gosar, I don’t know them," Romney said during an appearance on CNN. "I’m reminded of the old line from the Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid movie where one character says, 'Morons, I have morons on my team.'"

The senator added there is "no place" in either political party for white nationalism or racism, calling it "simply wrong" for elected leaders associated themselves with white nationalists.

He's right. Republicans need to get rid of the Russian sympathizers and white nationalists in their ranks.

He's right. Republicans need to get rid of the Russian sympathizers and white nationalists in their ranks.

And liberals like Romney. Why is he still a Republican it's a free country you know.

And liberals like Romney. Why is he still a Republican it's a free country you know.

You're opposing a man who opposes Russia and white nationalists. That implies you support them. :)

You're opposing a man who opposes Russia and white nationalists. That implies you support them. :)

No I hate Russia and all nationalists, black or white.

No hate Russia and all nationalists, black or white.

Is the simple concept of opposing Russia and white nationalists too difficult for you?

Is the simple concept of opposing Russia and white nationalists too difficult for you?

What did I just say? I hate Russia and all colors of nationalists.

What did I just say? I hate Russia and all colors of nationalists.

Then why did you suggest that Romney needs to go? You act as if he's as big a problem as the scum in the party.

Is he not "severely conservative" enough for you?

Then why did you suggest that Romney needs to go? You act as if he's as big a problem as the scum in the party.

Is he not "severely conservative" enough for you?

He's a much better fit with the the party of Pelosi and Cortez that's all I'm saying. For conservatives it's like having a spy in your midst.

Well maybe he is right. But I have seen countless wolf cries of racism I am skeptical.

Can I see some evidence? Racist quotes?

Seems 99% of claims of racism turn out to be made up so......

He's a much better fit with the the party of Pelosi and Cortez that's all I'm saying. For conservatives it's like having a spy in your midst.

:ROFLMAO:

Well maybe he is right. But I have seen countless wolf cries of racism I am skeptical.

Can I see some evidence? Racist quotes?

Here comes the demand for evidence that we all know will be rejected if supplied.

As proof, I will point out to the person who wrote the above post that such examples were already supplied by the article.

Watch him make my point for me in his response.

Gotta rid the Trumplican party of sellout, neo-con, RINO, globalist, scum bastards

Here comes the demand for evidence that we all know will be rejected if supplied.

As proof, I will point out to the person who wrote the above post that such examples were already supplied by the article.

Here comes the ducking and dodging instead of ponying up any evidence.

Here comes the ducking and dodging instead of ponying up any evidence.

Exactly as I predicted. :)

His words are better than the silence of most his co-members. Until I see any R action it's meaningless.

Like him? I think a lot of democrats think he is at least to a degree an honest person (with often views that are not well liked by democrats) with at least some backbone.

He doesn't have a team - other than the "I love Mitt Squad" of which he is the only member.

Like him? I think a lot of democrats think he is at least to a degree an honest person (with often views that are not well liked by democrats) with at least some backbone.

Mitt's a fine fella I'm sure. But his politics stink and his hair is a little too moussed for my taste.

I'm not really a fan of his, but occasionally he does get something right.

I'm not really a fan of his, but occasionally he does get something right.

He’s a good man, I volunteered in 2012 and 2018 and was able to speak with him on occasion. Despite the right’s constant attacks he is an honest and genuine man. He’s definitely more of a centrist but I’m not sure that’s a bad thing right now. He is also definitely not a Trump yes man.

Last edited:
He’s a good man, I volunteered in 2012 and 2018 and was able to speak with him on occasion. Despite the right’s constant attacks he is an honest and genuine man. He’s definitely more of a centrist but I’m not sure that’s a bad thing right now. He is also definitely not a Trump yes man.

I wish Romney would support the voting rights legislation and the BBB bill. Then I would have a lot more respect for him.

Having said that, I'm very grateful that he voted both times to convict Trump during both impeachment trials. That definitely was courageous of him in the current GOP mad house.

Back
Top Bottom