• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Romney has no plan to lower the deficit he just says he does.

I do not think so. The economy is moving slowly but better and will continue to do so regardless of who the next president is.

Keep in mind that GW Bush is much to blame for the economic mess that Obama inherited. And yet the mantra of the Republican extremists is to put the old GW Bush wines in new bottles. Economic plans take about 5 or 6 years to have its effect. History has shown that Clinton and Obama have done the best in doing something about the deficits. It has been the Republicans who have messed things up and badly. I just wonder why the Dems don't pick up on this. Maybe they are not as astute.

Should Romney be elected, it will just show how many (not very bright) low information voters are out there.

I'm pretty sure they plan to balance the budget in 8 years or so. If I am not mistaken, thats the timeline given by the Paul Ryan plan.

So it will still be deficit, but it will incrementally decrease until the point in 8 years when it will be balanced.

I'm pretty sure they plan to balance the budget in 8 years or so. If I am not mistaken, thats the timeline given by the Paul Ryan plan.

So it will still be deficit, but it will incrementally decrease until the point in 8 years when it will be balanced.

Ok so what is the plan then?

You realize that plan still includes deficits?

Yes. This is why I said that the plan is to balance the budget in a period of 8-10 years. Not right away. Even Ron Paul didn't have a plan on how to balance the budget in 1 year, only in 3 years.

So a plan to balance the budget in 8-10 years, with each year having less and less deficit, is a pretty solid plan.

As I have said in other posts Slinky has no intention of putting down specifics on anything that way he can continue moving around like a fox during the hunt leaving a sniff here and there but no trail for anyone to clearly follow.

Back
Top Bottom