• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Romanians protest over gold mine. The largest discovered gold deposit in Europe

Though mining is dangerous, it is the only way to get certain raw materials. I get the point the enviros are making, but you can't make things without raw materials. I believe the electronics industry uses a lot of silver.

Hey american.

the issue for me is not as much the fact that they want to mine, it's the process that lead up to this.

Allegations of corruption, poorly drawn contracts, a whole array of scandals involving the company including, but not limited to, setting up straw-man anti-mining NGOs that would galvanize the movement, presenting false information about their findings and falsely adverstising the facts about what happens with the resources, etc.

This is why I am opposed to the gold mining process. Ofc, some of the people who went out and protested share my view, others share it and also include environmental concerns which I don't have at this point. I don't think they shouldn't be allowed to mine because of the environment. There are more beautiful mountains and places in Romania than in Rosia Montana and it isn't a very special habitat.

Back
Top Bottom