• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Romanian hacker Guccifer: I breached Clinton server, 'it was easy'

Orly?

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Romanian hacker Guccifer: I breached Clinton server, 'it was easy' | Fox News

In the process of mining data from the Blumenthal account, Lazar said he came across evidence that others were on the Clinton server.

"As far as I remember, yes, there were … up to 10, like, IPs from other parts of the world,” he said.

For Lazar, a plea agreement where he cooperates in exchange for a reduced sentence would be advantageous. He told Fox News he has nothing to hide and wants to cooperate with the U.S. government, adding that he has hidden two gigabytes of data that is “too hot” and “it is a matter of national security.”

The methods this guy says he used make sense.. I wonder what all he has in those 2 gigs?

Romanian hacker Guccifer: I breached Clinton server, 'it was easy' | Fox News

In the process of mining data from the Blumenthal account, Lazar said he came across evidence that others were on the Clinton server.

"As far as I remember, yes, there were … up to 10, like, IPs from other parts of the world,” he said.

For Lazar, a plea agreement where he cooperates in exchange for a reduced sentence would be advantageous. He told Fox News he has nothing to hide and wants to cooperate with the U.S. government, adding that he has hidden two gigabytes of data that is “too hot” and “it is a matter of national security.”

The methods this guy says he used make sense.. I wonder what all he has in those 2 gigs?

This could put Clinton in the deep doodoo. Might leave a mark.

I believe that Hillary may end up being indicted, but not because of the data on her server, which was not classified top secret until AFTER it was on her server. Ex Post Facto laws are unconstitutional. If she is indicted, it will be for lying to investigators in the beginning, which is a serious charge in itself.

I believe that Hillary may end up being indicted, but not because of the data on her server, which was not classified top secret until AFTER it was on her server. Ex Post Facto laws are unconstitutional. If she is indicted, it will be for lying to investigators in the beginning, which is a serious charge in itself.

It was her job to decide what information was classified or not.. Just because someone else didn't classify it does not mean that it was not classified information.

Yeah, I don't doubt she's guilty of lying given her contradictions already. Also find it likely she did indeed use her home server in order to conduct Clinton Global Initiative business. It's likely she also allowed influence peddling.

Information is classified at the source. It's not possible that she was in possession of pre-classified information unless she was the originator.

I hope he got them to put money in his commissary.

He earned something for this beautiful example of social engineering.

Seriously, is there any reason at all to believe this guy's claims?

Did Fox ask him where Saddam hid the WMDs while they were there?

Not necessarily true. 104 of the emails on her server that the state department deemed classified were authored by hillary. That means she created a sensitive document on a non secure server. That is a crime. It wasn't classified because she didn't classify them. SoS walks around with sensitive information commited to memory. She may have read classified documents or attended a classified briefing, but to put this knowledge into an email on a private server is a crime. 104 counts to be exact.
That's not even going into who (Sid) she may have sent them to.

Last edited:

She had people remove classified markings and send the stuff to her. She broke every security regulation in the book. It didn't have to be Top Secret, it could have been Secret or Confidential, and she still ****ed up. Every email she typed was at least Sensitive, Unclassified. She should have used her govt email NIPR and SIPR accounts.

As Secretary of State she have been exercising some judgement as to what was classified, what might be classified, and what was not classified. These long-running screw-ups reflects strongly on her poor judgement. She has a name but there is nothing much, only a very ambitious woman, behind it.

Not true. What you saw was the fact that she literally typed out and/or copy+pasted classified information, which makes it classified at the time it was written. Just because nobody knew about it until years later was it actually marked as classified, hence the reason you see the classified date matching the date the email was created.

Information is classified at the source. It's not possible that she was in possession of pre-classified information unless she was the originator.

You'd better tell the investigators because they keep talking about information that was "classified at a later date."

Not true. What you saw was the fact that she literally typed out and/or copy+pasted classified information, which makes it classified at the time it was written. Just because nobody knew about it until years later was it actually marked as classified, hence the reason you see the classified date matching the date the email was created.

Did we? Did we see that?

You'd better tell the investigators because they keep talking about information that was "classified at a later date."

Where?

I believe that Hillary may end up being indicted, but not because of the data on her server, which was not classified top secret until AFTER it was on her server.
I think that is irrelevant. Isn't she supposed to not have any information at all on an unsecured server? And treat it all as if it is classified?

Did we? Did we see that?

Over 100 emails that hillary wrote herself? Once the state department received them years later determined the emails contain info that is sensitive. How, prey tell, could they have been classified at an earlier date unless hillary classified them when she wrote them.

Not everything that could happen will happen.

It all depends on luck,the law and how good her lawyers are.

Hillary Clinton is a good lawyer herself.

Well, she is a lawyer.

I don't know. It's so convenient that we hear about this hacker now.

I don't know. It's so convenient that we hear about this hacker now.

It's just the beginning.

You can't even call this a dirty campaign, because all the accusations from both sides are 100 percent true.

Queue up Joe Biden and Paul Ryan. Hillary's headed to the pokey, and Trump's going to be committed by November.

Did we? Did we see that?
Who was responsible for 'classifying them at a later date'? Can you name this person?

Is there someone under the Secretary of State, a clerk of some sort, who determines the classification while the Secretary of State doesn't know what might or might not be classified? Is this her defense?

It would be a good idea to get the name of this person who classified the email and ask why he or she didn't receive them before Hillary did, so she could understand the importance of each.

Did we? Did we see that?

Yes, we did. Numerous articles on the topic.

For instance, she sent an email to Blumenthal on Nov 10th, 2009. It was almost fully redacted, with the date of declassification on Nov 9th, 2024. That is a standard 15 year timeframe of classification. It wasn't declared to be declassified 15 years from its discovery and classification on 6/30/2015, which means it was classified material when it was written.

Yeah, you hang your hat on that. Because it was not all classified LATER. Classifying something later does negate the damage that can be done if someone gets access to the information. The classification stamp on a document isn't what makes it valuable, it's the contents. You're part of the group worrying only about the LEGALITY of the matter, not national security. If an ordinary federal employee had done this, they would be long up **** creek without a paddle rest assured.

Over 100 emails that hillary wrote herself? Once the state department received them years later determined the emails contain info that is sensitive. How, prey tell, could they have been classified at an earlier date unless hillary classified them when she wrote them.

And who gave you this information?

Back
Top Bottom