• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rolling Stoned: From Che Guevara to Dzojar Tsarnayev

Rawlings

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
July 26, 2013
By Charles Jacobs and Ilya Feoktistov
American Thinker

The Rolling Stone's cover glamorizing Dzojar Tsarnayev should not have surprised: the cultural left was born hating American power and blaming it for the poverty and oppression of indigenous, darker skinned, Third Worlders who naturally and justifiably hate us. Expressing admiration for violent anti-Americans has for a long time been a way for the disaffected to exclaim how much they are not like the white imperialists they live among, how - unlike us, they are noble souls, standing with the righteous and the oppressed.

In his masterful book, "Bobos in Paradise," New York Times columnist and author, David Brooks, explained -- better than anyone before him -- how therapeutic this sort of thing can be for middle class youth who find themselves living off the wealth of their parents -- and Western capitalism in general -- a wealth they sense is undeserved, a wealth they feel traps them in an immorally privileged corner.

In the sixties, these folks cried out against their "white skin privilege," tried to join the Black Panthers, and cheered the Viet Cong. This has old, known, even pre-political roots. Ever since Jean Jacques Rousseau cursed the emerging artificially sophisticated modern city life and contrasted it with the purer, nobler bygone days of agrarian society, much of the Western middle class developed a romance with the "unspoiled primitive," a vision Rousseau captured in his description of "the noble savage." Artists like Gaugin went to live with and glorify the natives... Anthropologists studied the Trobriand Islanders, seeking the secrets of our lost natures....

Read more: Articles: Rolling Stoned: From Che Guevara to Dzojar Tsarnayev
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

July 26, 2013
By Charles Jacobs and Ilya Feoktistov
American Thinker

The Rolling Stone's cover glamorizing Dzojar Tsarnayev should not have surprised: the cultural left was born hating American power and blaming it for the poverty and oppression of indigenous, darker skinned, Third Worlders who naturally and justifiably hate us. Expressing admiration for violent anti-Americans has for a long time been a way for the disaffected to exclaim how much they are not like the white imperialists they live among, how - unlike us, they are noble souls, standing with the righteous and the oppressed.

In his masterful book, "Bobos in Paradise," New York Times columnist and author, David Brooks, explained -- better than anyone before him -- how therapeutic this sort of thing can be for middle class youth who find themselves living off the wealth of their parents -- and Western capitalism in general -- a wealth they sense is undeserved, a wealth they feel traps them in an immorally privileged corner.

In the sixties, these folks cried out against their "white skin privilege," tried to join the Black Panthers, and cheered the Viet Cong. This has old, known, even pre-political roots. Ever since Jean Jacques Rousseau cursed the emerging artificially sophisticated modern city life and contrasted it with the purer, nobler bygone days of agrarian society, much of the Western middle class developed a romance with the "unspoiled primitive," a vision Rousseau captured in his description of "the noble savage." Artists like Gaugin went to live with and glorify the natives... Anthropologists studied the Trobriand Islanders, seeking the secrets of our lost natures....

Read more: Articles: Rolling Stoned: From Che Guevara to Dzojar Tsarnayev
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Quick question... Why is anyone who supports terrorists such as Tsarnev a "leftist"? I mean he was a radical Islamists which leftists despise theocracy.. And trying to portray Tsarnev and Che and other guerrillas is no where close. And this whole Rolling Stone "controversy" in my opinion is ridiculous. I have no idea how this is being potrayed as "support" for Tsarneiv, its just a picture of him.

I am not sure how much of this evidence is actually news. I was quite aware there was no thinking going on at american thinker or by their audience long before the OP brought it to our attention. But thank you Op for letting us know that in republicanland you can make someone cool by taking a picture. Perhaps the republican party should hire rolling stone photographers instead of bitching about them if they truly do have this magical power to turn a turd into media gold.

Quick question... Why is anyone who supports terrorists such as Tsarnev a "leftist"? I mean he was a radical Islamists which leftists despise theocracy.. And trying to portray Tsarnev and Che and other guerrillas is no where close. And this whole Rolling Stone "controversy" in my opinion is ridiculous. I have no idea how this is being potrayed as "support" for Tsarneiv, its just a picture of him.

Good question .....I've always felt the mullahs are conservatives ...who wants nothing to change ...and want to control women and others around them....they are more like our right-wing here in America.

Rolling Stone merely printed a picture and the controlling right wing are freaking out...LOL. Isn't sorta like how the mullahs go to crazy over a cartoon?

Back
Top Bottom