• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rolling stone cover

Does the Rolling Stone cover offend you

• yes, it pisses me off

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • no, I like it

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • don't care, yaaaawn

Votes: 41 71.9%

• Total voters
I genuinely don't understand what you're asking, here. The hostility is coming through, but not the meaning.
Take it at face value and answer accordingly. That's usually the best way to address this kind of "hostility". ;)

Depends on how that information is given, and how it is intended to be taken. Give me an example of how you expect my son to receive your views on the world.
Without knowing your son?!? Don't be silly.

But I raised a daughter and she's doing great with a good husband and three grandsons for me :D and I didn't hide anything from her while she was growing up.

Take it at face value and answer accordingly. That's usually the best way to address this kind of "hostility". ;)

No, the best way is to mock and ridicule it. Luckily for you, I'm a generous-hearted kind of guy. :)

No, the best way is to mock and ridicule it. Luckily for you, I'm a generous-hearted kind of guy. :)
So am I. That's why I've asked you a simple question. ;)

So am I. That's why I've asked you a simple question. ;)

This was your silly question:

"Help me understand: Do you Lefties like white jihadists, too? Or does the skin color not allow the enlightened to embrace him?"

Now, of course this is nonsensical. But it raises (by accident, mind you) an interesting question or two.

You see, I'm opposed to terrorism. I think terrorism is a horrible rot.

But I oppose all terrorism, not just that of "jihadis."

The question is....do you oppose all terrorism?

For example, what's your opinion on the intentional, material US support for the Indonesian state terrorists who murdered maybe a hundred thousand, maybe two hundred thousand East Timorese. (Not to mention as many or more Indonesian "communists" [sic], also with full-throated support of the US, UK, Australia, and several other terrorist allies?)

It's a serious question. Do you oppose terrorism...or only some terrorism?

vSGdgwm.jpg

Enough said

I don't care in that people are free to think and state what they like... but glorifying a bad guy terrorist is simply bad manners... that is why I care.

no vote..lack of options....
We do have "freedom of the press" , do we not ?
Yes ! I do know that this "right" is limited - rights have to be...
Rags (magazines) no longer interest me....They can do as they like, even if in very poor taste.
What does interest me and stir me to action is "much ado about nothing" , as I recall, one of William Shakespeare's comedies...
This man was an utter genius with his use of the English language..

Last edited:
I really couldn't care less. The whole point of putting him on there was to sell magazines. And guess what, it worked.

When was the last time you paid any attention to rolling stone magazine before this?

Back
Top Bottom