• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rolling blackouts in California, or The Failure of Renewable energy.

California's power grid is a ****ing joke. But that's what you get when you spend more money helping illegals then helping your state's infrastructure.

You do realise that at the start oil companies required huge subsidies and even now get tax breaks if the price tanks. .

?????uuuuh, no they didn't. And deducting costs from revenue is a tax break available to all businesses.

Living in each for over 20 years I've experienced exactly the same number of planned electrical outages in California and Ohio (1 each.)

They make the announcement and stir people up, and then the actual blackouts themselves are very minor.

I agree we are falling way behind on nuclear energy.

I especially like thorium reactors, which address most of the dangers that have had us spooked for a generation.

If we have spent the last 50-60 years giving away thorium reactors (they had one working in the 60's) instead of weaponry, I can only think the world would be a much nicer place.

I have nothing against renewable energy sources, but they can't handle the load without fossil fuel generating stations. Due to the environmental wackos in positions of power, we have to import a significant percentage of energy from other states, which is expensive. It's mostly from natural gas plants beyond the borders of the Land of Fruits and Nuts.

A big percentage of the energy here in Southern California comes from a coal fired plant in Arizona. :mrgreen:

They could build power plants here but the wackos won't buy it. Is this not the very definition of stupid behavior? Idiots. WTF happened to common sense?

If burning something is eventually going to kill you and many others, I would say common sense is finally taking hold as we look to the future and more and more clean energy sources. It's not the 1950's anymore.

California's power grid is a ****ing joke. But that's what you get when you spend more money helping illegals then helping your state's infrastructure.

Are you saying PG&E and other electrical utilities in CA are help illegals?

Are you saying PG&E and other electrical utilities in CA are help illegals?

The state govt is. POSG&E doesn't give a flying **** about responsibility to their customers.

I have nothing against renewable energy sources, but they can't handle the load without fossil fuel generating stations. Due to the environmental wackos in positions of power, we have to import a significant percentage of energy from other states, which is expensive. It's mostly from natural gas plants beyond the borders of the Land of Fruits and Nuts.

A big percentage of the energy here in Southern California comes from a coal fired plant in Arizona. :mrgreen:

They could build power plants here but the wackos won't buy it. Is this not the very definition of stupid behavior? Idiots. WTF happened to common sense?

I wouldn't camp overnight where there was no fresh water but since air conditioning was perfected millions of Americans have moved to hot, dry places and expect the government to assure their supply of water for their golf courses and swimming pools and electricity for the a-c that keeps them comfy.
No sympathy. We have plenty of hydro power here in B.C. and are developing more so put up some more power lines, install some more meters and payment in advance if you please.

Smoking Out the Golden State’s Green Utopia

Into the grandest of fantasies, reality intrudes. And so, it may be that Mother Nature in the form of annual forest fires, will force a key California agency to face reality and modify the overly ambitious and unrealistic renewable energy fantasy that has characterized the state’s energy planning for a decade.

[FONT=&][/FONT]
Smoking Out the Golden State’s Green Utopia

[FONT=&]Into the grandest of fantasies, reality intrudes. And so, it may be that Mother Nature in the form of annual forest fires, will force a key California agency to face reality and modify the overly ambitious and unrealistic renewable energy fantasy that has characterized the state’s energy planning for a decade.
[/FONT]

You don't maybe think that the extra forest fires we've been seeing could maybe be due to climate change which is in part caused by the use of fossil fuels?

I am trying to feel sorry for Californians right now with all the rolling blackouts but they asked for it. Maybe if they suffer through no air conditioning during a heatwave, no refrigeration, no TV, no internet, no lights, etc. maybe while they sit in the dark hot and sweaty they have time to ponder over the choices they made. Personally those I feel sorry for are the kids. They can not even access internet to do their schooling.

Just another way the Democratic Party is using to kill off old and sick people. Nothing new about this. The Democratic Party now also openly opposes public education demanding all schools be closed indefinitely. Only rich kids who can afford private schools should be allowed an education to the Democratic Party.

[FONT=&quot]Climate FAIL / Energy[/FONT]
[h=1]California Bows to Energy Reality[/h][FONT=&quot]Today it acknowledged reality, as the Los Angles Times reports. The board allowed the plants to remain in operation for a few more years until — they hope — chimerical renewable energy can pick up the load:
[/FONT]

Well for one thing, California never went with 100% renewable energy sources.

For another, wildfires are becoming commonplace now in many parts of the world due to global warming. Fires have been burning in Siberia for months now.

California has the 4th or 5th largest GDP. Hardly a failed state.

What is Texas going to do now with the worldwide glut in oil?

Well for one thing, California never went with 100% renewable energy sources.

For another, wildfires are becoming commonplace now in many parts of the world due to global warming. Fires have been burning in Siberia for months now.

California has the 4th or 5th largest GDP. Hardly a failed state.

What is Texas going to do now with the worldwide glut in oil?

It has been California's stated goal to have 100% renewable energy.
Wildfires have declined globally.

And now for something completely different. California, introduced relief for previously convicted of pedophilia. Now when you move to another city, you don't need to report it and register.
What to say, while the fight against racial injustice is going on all over America, the rights of pedophiles should not be forgotten either. The Hell is near...

Back
Top Bottom