• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Role playing games.

BrettNortje

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I have worked on and sold the rights to a role playing game that bought all the licenses from various role playing game companies and rolled them all into one.

This game has nine stats, with three sub stats of each, making it a whopping twenty seven stats. then, the skills tree is rather large, and then there are talents, which are like skill specializations. the trick is to add all three together and roll under it on a d30.

Of course, it is set in the future, with many weapons, spells, mecca and craft to ride around and kill others with. then there is the corporate aspect of the game, where you could, instead of going off to battle, rule the nation.

It should be out before christmas.

I have worked on and sold the rights to a role playing game that bought all the licenses from various role playing game companies and rolled them all into one.

This game has nine stats, with three sub stats of each, making it a whopping twenty seven stats. then, the skills tree is rather large, and then there are talents, which are like skill specializations. the trick is to add all three together and roll under it on a d30.

Of course, it is set in the future, with many weapons, spells, mecca and craft to ride around and kill others with. then there is the corporate aspect of the game, where you could, instead of going off to battle, rule the nation.

Does this game have a name or what?

A d30? I imagine that is going to be edited out to market better to people who play d20 systems.

Anyway, I'm more interested in detail about the campaign setting! How far in the future is it? Etc.

A d30? I imagine that is going to be edited out to market better to people who play d20 systems.

Anyway, I'm more interested in detail about the campaign setting! How far in the future is it? Etc.

I am not sure, but guess it is in the near future.

The campaign is about nazis that uncover a lost relic on earth that unleashes 'races' and 'magic' upon the earth. this would be based on radiation, animating people so that they can make magic and have super abilities, more or less. then, the aliens come and then there are at least a hundred playable races.

From here, humanity reaches out to the other races and aliens and then launches themselves into space, to fight over resources, as every life form does given the choice.

There are also skills like performance and talents like modeling that you could use to run the cat walks, if you so choose, gardening skills if you want to do that, and marketing skills to help you make money to buy armies for yourself. hell, you could become a politician that doesn't fight and tries to ban weapons or make peace too.

Rumor has it people have researched how the real world works on a d30 like this with secret societies to make it realistic. there are as it stands about two thousand pages of reference material at least, mind you.

I am not sure, but guess it is in the near future.

The campaign is about nazis that uncover a lost relic on earth that unleashes 'races' and 'magic' upon the earth. this would be based on radiation, animating people so that they can make magic and have super abilities, more or less. then, the aliens come and then there are at least a hundred playable races.

From here, humanity reaches out to the other races and aliens and then launches themselves into space, to fight over resources, as every life form does given the choice.

There are also skills like performance and talents like modeling that you could use to run the cat walks, if you so choose, gardening skills if you want to do that, and marketing skills to help you make money to buy armies for yourself. hell, you could become a politician that doesn't fight and tries to ban weapons or make peace too.

Rumor has it people have researched how the real world works on a d30 like this with secret societies to make it realistic. there are as it stands about two thousand pages of reference material at least, mind you.

Holy **** is that in-depth. I'm actually looking forward to this now, even if I have to buy a new die just for it.

It could be fun.

There should also be a card game coming out for girls soon. they use flowers, animals, brands, women in history, liquors and charisma as the colors to the decks, similar to magic. the point, as usual, is to eliminate other players with your power cards.

I heard it is out in china already?

Holy **** is that in-depth. I'm actually looking forward to this now, even if I have to buy a new die just for it.

What's the problem with buying a die? Are they expensive?

Anyway, thank you for confirming that a d30 is a die. I was pretty sure that's what you were talking about but have never played one of these games before.

Anyway, thank you for confirming that a d30 is a die. I was pretty sure that's what you were talking about but have never played one of these games before.

It's one of the few dice that doesn't come standard with most sets of RPG dice. It's just a bit annoying to pay shipping & handling for a single piece of plastic because you aren't likely to find one at your local gaming store. Especially when you're already buying the books and other materials for the system at the store.

Brett, congratulations! I've watched and read your posts over the last few weeks, and, more than once, have said to myself, "This poster is exceptional." Your mind works a bit differently than mine, for instance. In an interesting and good way. This revelation here proves that out. Keep up the good work. I look at this wonderful accomplishment as being the first of many for you. Yay!!!

It's one of the few dice that doesn't come standard with most sets of RPG dice. It's just a bit annoying to pay shipping & handling for a single piece of plastic because you aren't likely to find one at your local gaming store. Especially when you're already buying the books and other materials for the system at the store.

You could also roll one d ten plus one d twenty. treat a roll of two as a one?

Not so much with the Nazi thing, but a sudden event "unleashing" races and magic gives me a real "Shadowrun" vibe. Definitely seems interesting.

I can honestly say, I've never actually seen a d30 in all my years of gaming. I've seen a d100, but never a d30.

You could also roll one d ten plus one d twenty. treat a roll of two as a one?

Nope, unless you want to guarantee that a person can never roll a 1. That would give you 2-30 as a result.

Best of luck. I believe we have one other person on the forum (our friendly neighborhood Rat) who also tried his hand at some point with game development.

You could create a "dice roll app" for iPhones, etc.

Dice are so... physical... ewww...

Picked up and found west end star wars extended roll playing game.

It is a great game good pace the system is easy to learn and is based on a d6 system.
can't beat it really. one of the best RPG's I have played next to white wolf.

They can be expensive depending on what you are buying.

rpg games with dice are so retro

computers replaced them....mmo's where the storylines are written already

it takes a lot of work to dm a rpg for a group....most people dont want to do it

rpg games with dice are so retro

computers replaced them....mmo's where the storylines are written already

it takes a lot of work to dm a rpg for a group....most people dont want to do it

I think I've actually been spoiled now by D&D, I almost want to rage quit every time I have to make a decision between two preset options in a video game. Plus, I've bought like twenty sets of dice so far (I sold about ten of them at a 100% markup, I caught them in bulk & on sale).

I think I've actually been spoiled now by D&D, I almost want to rage quit every time I have to make a decision between two preset options in a video game. Plus, I've bought like twenty sets of dice so far (I sold about ten of them at a 100% markup, I caught them in bulk & on sale).

i have about 400 from my dm'ing days long long ago

i also have first edition copies of the players handbook, monsters manual, dm guide, and one of the original printings of chain mail, of which gary gygax used as a guide when he started writing the rules for d&d

i starting playing in 77 and stopped in 94....and i had a few thousand nights of joy over those years

my group at one time was 14 players(most of the time was 10-12)....and me dm'ing.....and no one was under 24yrs old.....

so yeah....i know a wee bit about it....and getting people to do what we did back then....hard to do

but best of luck....

Back
Top Bottom