• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Roger Stone wanted WikiLeaks dump to distract from ‘Access Hollywood’ tape, says Mueller witness

It is when you break the law to do so. We’ve been over this.

It’s funny how you guys have no defense other than obfuscation and lying.

What law was broken?

Wow you're just at the point where you're completely burying your head in the sand at this point aren't you. He told someone to pull a Frank Pentangeli. That's about as clear cut witness tampering as you can get dude. It's blatantly obvious he also lied to congress. Why are you refusing to see these very obvious facts that anyone with a modicum of common sense and reading comprehension would be able to easily glean?

Dopamine. Its a helluva drug.

Trumpist do not want to go cold turkey.

I say that everytime I see Liberals claim that influencing an election is a crime. :lamo

If I steal mail out of a candidates mailbox and find out that they are up to their eyeballs in debt and subscribe to a fetish magazine, only to use that to help my guy in a campaign, is that a crime?

If I give it to the campaign and say "I stole this out of his mailbox, do you want to use it?" and they say "Yep, that's great, lets talk about how to use it" are they not willful enablers of that crime?

If I steal mail out of a candidates mailbox and find out that they are up to their eyeballs in debt and subscribe to a fetish magazine, only to use that to help my guy in a campaign, is that a crime?

That isn't what Stone, or anyone else is charged with.

If I give it to the campaign and say "I stole this out of his mailbox, do you want to use it?" and they say "Yep, that's great, lets talk about how to use it" are they not willful enablers of that crime?

Receiving stolen emails, documents, etc. isn't a crime. In fact, it's literally protected by the 1st Amendment.

He did say that Stone barely worked for him.

Stone got out early from the campaign but still did stuff in the background and likely organizes Trumps entire media strategy through official campaign proxies.

Conjecture.

Moving the goalposts.

These hacks have always been a centerpoint of this discussion. Just because no american has been charged with helping or knowing, we have plenty of information int he indictments so far to indicate that many higher ups in the trump campaign knew that Wikileaks had illegally hacked emails and were giving orders on the best and most effective way to disseminate them.

Moving the goalposts.

These hacks have always been a centerpoint of this discussion. Just because no american has been charged with helping or knowing, we have plenty of information int he indictments so far to indicate that many higher ups in the trump campaign knew that Wikileaks had illegally hacked emails and were giving orders on the best and most effective way to disseminate them.

That doesn't change the reality that no one has been charged with hacking.

we have plenty of information int he indictments so far to indicate that many higher ups in the trump campaign knew that Wikileaks had illegally hacked emails and were giving orders on the best and most effective way to disseminate them.

There's nothing illegal about that. Again, it's protected by the 1st Amendment.

Moving the goalposts.

Actually, what we know nothing of the sort. We know from the Stone indictment that the Trump campaign had no idea what Wikileaks had and had reached out to Stone to find out (the Clinton campaign was also endeavoring to find out). And we know Stone was not sure what Wikileaks had.
We also from the emails with regards to the Trump Tower meeting involving Trump Jr st. al. there was no general focus on Wikileaks and what they had within the campaign.

I say that everytime I see Liberals claim that influencing an election is a crime. :lamo

No excepting a hostile foreign nations assistance by leaking stolen emails and cyber, and social media attacks in exchange for removing sanctions is not only illegal, it is treason...

Before reading the article: "Roger Stone wanted WikiLeaks dump to distract from ‘Access Hollywood’ tape".

So what?

1. Sounds like a good tactic.

2. A LOT of people wanted the WikiLeaks dump...for various reasons. Stone had his. Heck, I had MY reasons for wanting the dump, too.​

1. So...what we have here is a "he said...he said..." situation.

2. Corsi, like Stone, is a possible target in the Mueller investigation.

3. Both men, through the various statements they've made...especially to the media...have very low credibility.

4. Keep in mind that Mueller's Stone indictment makes no charges in relation to WikiLeaks.

Mueller will have a very hard time bringing charges against either man that are related to WikiLeaks.

Moving on...

On the surface all we have is a case of opposition research going head to head., the Hollywood access tape vs. the Wikileaks email dump.
Neither hardly illegal.

Before reading the article: "Roger Stone wanted WikiLeaks dump to distract from ‘Access Hollywood’ tape".

So what?

1. Sounds like a good tactic.

2. A LOT of people wanted the WikiLeaks dump...for various reasons. Stone had his. Heck, I had MY reasons for wanting the dump, too.​

1. So...what we have here is a "he said...he said..." situation.

2. Corsi, like Stone, is a possible target in the Mueller investigation.

3. Both men, through the various statements they've made...especially to the media...have very low credibility.

4. Keep in mind that Mueller's Stone indictment makes no charges in relation to WikiLeaks.

Mueller will have a very hard time bringing charges against either man that are related to WikiLeaks.

Moving on...

You knew wikileaks had podestas stolen emails?

Podesta didn't even know until they showed up.,

Might want to walk that one back. You could catch a case!

Corsi will turn out to be a key witness, he seemed to not like dealing with stone repeatedly told him to forget his name a d refused to lie to congress even after stone threatened his life.

Lime trump stone made a enemy out of an ally...

And before Corsi, the key witness was, at various times Manafort, or Papadapoulous, Page, Cohen, lots of key witnesses.

No excepting a hostile foreign nations assistance by leaking stolen emails and cyber, and social media attacks in exchange for removing sanctions is not only illegal, it is treason...

Good luck proving that. :lamo

What law was broken?

Ahhh the method of asking stupid questions that you have asked and have been answered a hundred times.

Another go to cultist tactict...

You knew wikileaks had podestas stolen emails?

Podesta didn't even know until they showed up.,

Might want to walk that one back. You could catch a case!

The DNC had Pakestani agents working on it's staff. Where's the nuttery about that?

Ahhh the method of asking stupid questions that you have asked and have been answered a hundred times.

Another go to cultist tactict...

Ahhh! The method of launching insults because you have nothing else to say.

Russia didn't need assistance from the Trump campaign to hack the DNC. They were quite capable of pulling that off themselves. Moreover, as the Stone indictment observes, the campaign didn't know what Wikileaks had. Kind of a tough argument that the partner in crime didn't know what the crime hath wrought.

On the surface all we have is a case of opposition research going head to head., the Hollywood access tape vs. the Wikileaks email dump.
Neither hardly illegal.

You are going to be so sad...

Receiving stolen emails, documents, etc. isn't a crime. In fact, it's literally protected by the 1st Amendment.

Bull****, it is theft, hell you can't even legally quote a book that is under 90 some years old without the copyright owners permission.

Stealing private coorisponence and making it pubic is in no way shape or form legal...

Where the **** do you come up with this shoot???

Good luck proving that. :lamo

We've already seen a lack of communication security from the trump campaign.

Nobody but the Mueller team knows how many times they left evidence laying around.

They even evidently think a blocked phone number is actual protection from identifying its source. The phone company knows exactly who that was. And I'm sure Mueller does too.

They may very well be brought down by un-tech savvy old men.

Moving the goalposts.

Well stated only one minor issue, wikkileaks did not hack the DNC, Russia did.

Russia turned them over to wikkileaks to distribute as ordered.

The American people would have distrusted anything coming from Russia.

They did not realize that wikkileaks is now run by Putin...

Well stated only one minor issue, wikkileaks did not hack the DNC, Russia did.

Russia turned them over to wikkileaks to distribute as ordered.

The American people would have distrusted anything coming from Russia.

They did not realize that wikkileaks is now run by Putin...

The American people would have distrusted anything coming from Russia? The FBI did not distrust the Steele dossier...

Question: the emails turned over to Wikileaks to distribute "as ordered." Who is being ordered? Russia or Wikileaks?

Back
Top Bottom