• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Roger Stone Tries to Come Back to Twitter, Is Immediately Re-Banned

OscarLevant

Gadfly Extraordinaire
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Seems Repubs celebration of Elon Musk bringing 'free speech' back to Twitter is a bit premature.

I don't know Musk's politics, methinks he's what, a libertarian?

After Elon Musk purchased Twitter for $44 billion, veteran GOP operative Roger Stone thought he was safe to return to the platform after being permanently banned in 2017.
But his homecoming didn’t last long, as the longtime ally of ex-president Donald Trump was re-banned within hours of creating his new account.

“Well bitches I’m back on Twitter,” Stone bragged on Telegram early Thursday morning. “I’m anxious to see how strong Elon Musk’s commitment to free speech is.”

After the new account, @RogerStoneUSA, was connected to the self-described “dirty trickster,” he was banned within minutes—again.

“The account referenced was permanently suspended for violations of the Twitter Rules, specifically our ban evasion policy,” a Twitter spokesperson told The Daily Beast.

Personally, I think this is just Twitter's staff operating as status quo, before Musk has stepped in and really changed the policies. I predict he'll let Stone back in a day or two. We shall see...

I have no idea what he’ll do.

He certainly will be very cooperative with the Chinese over any “free speech” issues they might have. Especially if he wants to continue selling cars in China.

He probably will put the rogue’s gallery back on. Mainly to take traffic away from Parler, Telegram and the rest.

He’ll use Trump et al to draw eyeballs. Trump won’t get paid either.

He’ll pump the stock and then dump Twitter when he wants cash for something worthwhile.

Unless he thinks he can rule the world. I wouldn’t put that past him.

I still can’t get over the idea that anyone would actually be stupid enough to believe in the idea that some billionaire is going to “give” them “free speech”.

Roger Stone was rightfully banned by the old guard at Twitter. He expressed pure HATE on the site. Called people the N-word and worse...
No legitimate reason his Twitter account should have been restored.

Nothing to see here.

Roger Stone was rightfully banned by the old guard at Twitter. He expressed pure HATE on the site. Called people the N-word and worse...

Nothing to see here.
props to you for recognizing this!

Nothing to see here.
But he's being censored!!

Seems Repubs celebration of Elon Musk bringing 'free speech' back to Twitter is a bit premature.

After Elon Musk purchased Twitter for $44 billion, veteran GOP operative Roger Stone thought he was safe to return to the platform after being permanently banned in 2017.
But his homecoming didn’t last long, as the longtime ally of ex-president Donald Trump was re-banned within hours of creating his new account.

“Well bitches I’m back on Twitter,” Stone bragged on Telegram early Thursday morning. “I’m anxious to see how strong Elon Musk’s commitment to free speech is.”

After the new account, @RogerStoneUSA, was connected to the self-described “dirty trickster,” he was banned within minutes—again.

“The account referenced was permanently suspended for violations of the Twitter Rules, specifically our ban evasion policy,” a Twitter spokesperson told The Daily Beast.

Personally, I think this is just Twitter's staff operating as status quo, before Musk has stepped in and really changed the policies. I predict he'll let Stone back in a day or two. We shall see...

Stone probably got off on it.

He's not a libertarian. He has expressed support for universal healthcare, universal basic income, and has called climate change "the biggest threat that humanity faces this century."

He's latching on to the "but muh free speech" bandwagon because he, like many on the right, thinks free speech means nobody is allowed to criticize him. He routinely says stupid things on Twitter and gets roasted for it, so people are attackin my free speeeeech ensues. His underlying reasoning behind this, I expect, is more narcissism than anything else. How dare anyone criticize me, the richest man on the planet!

If anyone has illusions that Musk is against "cancel culture," remember that he has personally canceled Tesla orders for people who criticize him.

He doesn't own twitter yet. The intention is there, it's been accepted, but it has to go through more steps, such as 'being voted on by the share holders, and 'passing the regulators'

He doesn't own twitter yet. The intention is there, it's been accepted, but it has to go through more steps, such as 'being voted on by the share holders, and 'passing the regulators'
There are rumors that Musk will withdraw the offer…….

There are rumors that Musk will withdraw the offer…….
I am sure there are. THat seems to be more wishful thinking than anything else. Musk radically changing twitter is another piece of wishful thinking

I am sure there are. THat seems to be more wishful thinking than anything else. Musk radically changing twitter is another piece of wishful thinking
Who predicted that the electric car guy would be the cons darling?

The deal isn't done yet...it's set for October and rumor has it he may back out

Back
Top Bottom