• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Roger Stone Calls For Trump To 'Declare Martial Law' To Seize Power If He Loses

briar rose

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
The results will only be legitimate if the “real winner” — Trump — takes office, regardless of what the votes say,

To safeguard Trump’s position, Stone called for federal authorities to seize ballots in Nevada, for FBI agents to physically block certain voters from casting their ballots, and for Trump to use his powers for widespread arrests to solidify his power, Media Matters first reported.Stone demanded that “the ballots in Nevada on election night should be seized by federal marshals” and not counted, claiming with absolutely no evidence that “they are completely corrupted.”

Under martial law and the Insurrection Act, Trump will have “the authority” to arrest Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, Apple CEO Tim Cook, “the Clintons” and “anybody else who can be proven to be involved in illegal activity,” Stone said. He also called for the immediate arrest of former defense secretary James Mattis for “sedition,” apparently because he feared Trump was unfit for office, according to Washington Post journalist’s to Bob Woodward’s upcoming book, “Rage.”

In addition, Stone warned, journalist also risk arrest. “If the Daily Beast is involved in provably seditious ... acts” in a new Trump future, their “entire staff can be taken into custody and their office can be shut down.” “They want to play war, this is war,” he added.

While such off-the-rail suggestions could easily be shrugged off from most, Stone is a high-profile friend of the president and has his ear, critics fear. Harvard law professor and Constitutional expert Laurence Tribe warned that Stone’s “advocacy of totalitarian takeover by Trump has to be taken seriously.”

Last edited:
Oh no! Somebody said something bad! :lol:

I am listening to an interview of Roger Stone as I post this. He said NOTHING like what the OPer claims.

I dont think Roger Stone is even human I think hes some Sith Lord animintronic from Disneyland turned into a politician. He seriously looks like a puppet of some sort. I would not be suprised if doctors opened him up and he turned out to be a Russian robot.

The results will only be legitimate if the “real winner” — Trump — takes office, regardless of what the votes say,

To safeguard Trump’s position, Stone called for federal authorities to seize ballots in Nevada, for FBI agents to physically block certain voters from casting their ballots, and for Trump to use his powers for widespread arrests to solidify his power, Media Matters first reported.Stone demanded that “the ballots in Nevada on election night should be seized by federal marshals” and not counted, claiming with absolutely no evidence that “they are completely corrupted.”

Under martial law and the Insurrection Act, Trump will have “the authority” to arrest Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, Apple CEO Tim Cook, “the Clintons” and “anybody else who can be proven to be involved in illegal activity,” Stone said. He also called for the immediate arrest of former defense secretary James Mattis for “sedition,” apparently because he feared Trump was unfit for office, according to Washington Post journalist’s to Bob Woodward’s upcoming book, “Rage.”

In addition, Stone warned, journalist also risk arrest. “If the Daily Beast is involved in provably seditious ... acts” in a new Trump future, their “entire staff can be taken into custody and their office can be shut down.” “They want to play war, this is war,” he added.

While such off-the-rail suggestions could easily be shrugged off from most, Stone is a high-profile friend of the president and has his ear, critics fear. Harvard law professor and Constitutional expert Laurence Tribe warned that Stone’s “advocacy of totalitarian takeover by Trump has to be taken seriously.”

There is no possibility of anything like that actually happening (and I have the strangest feeling that he didn't actually say what you claimed he said), but it sure would be nice if it did.

There is no possibility of anything like that actually happening (and I have the strangest feeling that he didn't actually say what you claimed he said), but it sure would be nice if it did.

:lol:

What a repugnant statement. Well done.

You can tell something is good when it offends all the right people.

Please don't get me wrong, offended is absolutely the wrong thing for you get from this. I am merely surprised at your statement and considering the content of your posts I really should not be. But hey, that's on me. You are the one who said he would be OK if the President performed the actions of a despot. I thought America was better than that?

You can tell something is good when it offends all the right people.

Yep, like racist right-wingers get offended when players show solidarity against the murdering of black people by taking a knee during the National Anthem.

I know exactly what you mean!

I am listening to an interview of Roger Stone as I post this. He said NOTHING like what the OPer claims.

Is "the google" down, or broken? Stone's 9/10/20 incoherent anti constitutional rant, as described in this thread's OP,
is here, @ 1:12:50 . (If you get nauseous or are pressed for time, the meat of Stone's threats begin @1:26:00 ) Some of you reasonably owe the author of this thread a sincere apology (sure...when donkeys fly!)

Last edited:
Is "the google" down, or broken? Stone's 9/10/20 incoherent anti constitutional rant, as described in this thread's OP,
is here, @ 1:12:50 . Some of you reasonably owe the author of this thread a sincere apology (sure...when donkeys fly!)

I'm not going to watch a 2 1/2 hour video. I would be fully support the US Senate investigating Stone's allegations.

Yep, like racist right-wingers get offended when players show solidarity against the murdering of black people by taking a knee during the National Anthem.

I know exactly what you mean!

I know you're just trying to get a rise out of me, but your point is actually correct. The only reason kneeling during the Anthem has taken off id because of its propensity for offending red-blooded Americans.

I'm not going to watch a 2 1/2 hour video. I would be fully support the US Senate investigating Stone's allegations.

I watched two minutes from the timestamp he indicated. No reference to anything stated in the OP.

That would be an illegal order and an immoral order so it would be rejected by the chiefs and commanders across the active duty armed forces who would advise Trump to withdraw the order or to modify it to be entirely consistent with the Constitution and the oath of the Potus.

That would be an illegal order and an immoral order so it would be rejected by the chiefs and commanders across the active duty armed forces who would advise Trump to withdraw the order or to modify it to be entirely consistent with the Constitution and the oath of the Potus.

This is always a ludicrous claim as he won't even get away with it with the Secret Service, let alone the military and federal police.

Roger Stone believes there is an illegal coup against the President. That certainly is possible - depending how you define a coup. All the FISA court stuff by Obama/Biden was a soft coup attempt. The President now is really stepping on the toes of the defense/war industries, the top war-mongering wing of the military and the same with the NSA and CIA.

The question is where do you draw the line between a technically legal coup and an illegal coup?

In a free country he has the right to express his opinion. At least for now.

I think you need to be clear whether you're trolling or you really like the idea of Trump seizing power by force and the US becoming a dictatorship.

is here, @ 1:12:50 . (If you get nauseous or are pressed for time, the meat of Stone's threats begin @1:26:00 ) Some of you reasonably owe the author of this thread a sincere apology (sure...when donkeys fly!)

video=youtube ...

....Stone: @ 1:19:20, "the ballots in Nevada on election night should be seized by federal marshals..."

....Stone: @ 1:19:20, "the ballots in Nevada on election night should be seized by federal marshalls..."

Why would you oppose that? I'd like to see all mail in ballots taken control of by federal marshals.

Try, try hard, to find ANY scandal - ever - against US Marshals. Bet you can't. There should be police from NON PARTISAN DEPARTMENTS (meaning not sheriffs or city police) at every polling place and that they have constant control of ballot security.

Why would you oppose that? I'd like to see all mail in ballots taken control of by federal marshals.

Try, try hard, to find ANY scandal - ever - against US Marshals. Bet you can't. There should be police from NON PARTISAN DEPARTMENTS (meaning not sheriffs or city police) at every polling place and that they have constant control of ballot security.

The states are the ones which control the elections within their territory. If you do not like that, then ask federal employees from the US (federal) Department of Education redraw the congressional district borders within each state. This will also stop the shameless gerrymandering mostly taking place within red states

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom