• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Roger Stone calls Black radio host a racial slur on air

Atomic Kid

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

Roger Stone, friend and former campaign adviser to President Donald Trump, called a Black radio host a racial slur on air Saturday while the two debated Stone's federal conviction.

Stone's sentence was commuted by Trump on July 10, just days before he was scheduled to surrender for 40 months of incarceration after he was convicted of witness tampering and making false statements to Congress as it investigated Russia's influence in the 2016 election.

On Saturday night, Stone was grilled by radio host Morris W. O’Kelly on "the Mr. Mo'Kelly Show" on KFI AM 640 in Los Angeles. The phone interview was broadcast and streamed.

Stone claimed his conviction last year was the result of bias against himself and the president.

"It was a jury of my political opponents," Stone said.

O'Kelly pushed back and challenged the idea that Stone did not get a fair trial or that the evidence did not clearly show his transgressions.

The host also suggested that not only was Stone not a victim of biased justice, but that he likely benefitted from knowing the president.

There are thousands of people treated unfairly daily," O'Kelly said. "Hell, your number just happened to come up in the lottery. I'm guessing it was more than just luck, Roger, right?"

Stone was silent, then it sounded like he was either away from the phone or covering it up when he said, "I don't really feel like arguing with this negro."

"I'm sorry, what was that?" O'Kelly responded. "Roger? I'm sorry, what did you say?"

Stone denied calling him that, saying on air, "I did not. You're out of your mind. You're out of your mind."

Stone could not be reached for comment Saturday night.

O'Kelly carried on with the interview, asking Stone about his plans to campaign for Trump.

"As a private citizen, I will be active on the president's behalf, writing, speaking, advocating," Stone, 67, said.

O'Kelly later tweeted, "I'm nobody's NEGRO."

Stone again denied making the comment in a statement to the Christian Broadcasting Network on Sunday, claiming there was "cross talk" that "garbled" the exchange.

"The idea that I would use a racial term is nonsensical," Stone told the network. "This is a smear by a left wing radio host."

I'm shocked, I tell you, just completely shocked that a close friend of and former campaign adviser of his would use such offensive language. :roll: And of course the immediate explanation is that left wing smear. Another hoax. Sorry Roger but the recording speaks for itself. You can hear the exchange in the link below beginning at around the 12 minute 30 second mark of the recording. Listen for yourself and decide if he said what O'Kelly said he did.

Roger Stone Returns to The Mo’Kelly Show and Bedlam Ensues (LISTEN) | The World of Mr. Mo'Kelly

Roger Stone ladies and gentlemen. Still scummy as ever.

Not surprised, sad of course but not surprised.

I'm shocked, I tell you, just completely shocked that a close friend of and former campaign adviser of his would use such offensive language. :roll: And of course the immediate explanation is that left wing smear. Another hoax. Sorry Roger but the recording speaks for itself. You can hear the exchange in the link below beginning at around the 12 minute 30 second mark of the recording. Listen for yourself and decide if he said what O'Kelly said he did.

Roger Stone Returns to The Mo’Kelly Show and Bedlam Ensues (LISTEN) | The World of Mr. Mo'Kelly

He should immediately make a donation to the United Negro College Fund as an apology gesture

Same ole, same ole.

He should immediately make a donation to the United Negro College Fund as an apology gesture

Guess we have to give a little bit of credit in that at least he didn't say 'this nigger'. Although it was close.

I'm shocked that you're shocked. This is Roger Stone we're talking about, the same Roger Stone that in 1980 went into partnership with Paul Manafort and Lee Atwater and formed a political consulting firm, one that was 100% pure racism, dirty politics and deception. This is the same firm whose partner Lee Atwater came up with a brilliant plan called the 'southern strategy' to appeal to racists in order to help Republicans like Ronald Reagan win the presidency.

These three men were pure evil. They planted the seeds of racism and division deeply in this country. Why would they do the horrible things they've done? Only they know that answer but I think it's been all about control and power, money comes second.

manafort002.jpg

Last edited:
I'm shocked that you're shocked. This is Roger Stone we're talking about, the same Roger Stone that in 1964 went into partnership with Paul Manafort and Lee Atwater and formed a political consulting firm, one that was 100% pure racism, dirty politics and deception. This is the same firm whose partner Lee Atwater came up with a brilliant plan called the 'southern strategy' to appeal to racists in order to help Republicans like Ronald Reagan win the presidency.

These three men were pure evil. They planted the seeds of racism and division deeply in this country. Why would they do the horrible things they've done? Only they know that answer but I think it's been all about control and power, money comes second.

Stone was 12 in 1964.........

Did you guys know that...

"In 1976, he worked in Ronald Reagan's campaign for U.S. President. In 1977, at age 24, Stone won the presidency of the Young Republicans in a campaign managed by his friend Paul Manafort; they had compiled a dossier on each of the 800 delegates that gathered, which they called "whip books".

Stone was 12 in 1964.........

You are correct, my date was wrong, it was 1980,

Black, Manafort, Stone and Kelly (often simply Black, Manafort) was a lobbying firm based in Washington, D.C. Formed in 1980 by Roger Stone, Paul Manafort and Charles Black, it merged with Martin B. Gold's Gold & Liebengood to form BKSH & Associates in 1996.

I’m within a month of Roger Stone’s age. When I was young, Negro was an acceptable term. I realized that it had fallen out of use and supplanted, first by Black and then by African-American. I did not realize that it was offensive, just dated.

When Did the Word Negro Become Socially Unacceptable? - 2010 - Question of the Month
- Jim Crow Museum - Ferris State University

I think as with most things the context of it's use would be the determining factor as to acceptability and offensiveness. Saying it the way Roger Stone as an aside saying "this" negro, was dismissive and offensive to his host.

I listened to the link you provided, I can't make it out, which isn't saying much, sometimes my hearing is for ****....but at the 12:30 marks the hosts finishes his statement, waits for a rebuttal, and all I'm hearing is silence, with a few sounds until 1300 etc.....I'd ask for a better copy but the one you linked seems to be good quality except for that part......

I listened to the link you provided, I can't make it out, which isn't saying much, sometimes my hearing is for ****....but at the 12:30 marks the hosts finishes his statement, waits for a rebuttal, and all I'm hearing is silence, with a few sounds until 1300 etc.....I'd ask for a better copy but the one you linked seems to be good quality except for that part......

Maybe if you turn up the volume and you will hear him say it. I can definitely hear it though.

Maybe if you turn up the volume and you will hear him say it. I can definitely hear it though.

I will try that...I had it up, but again, hearing goes in and out sometimes ,and cpu speakers aint that grand

Doesn't negro just mean black?

I'm confused.

Not in English, no.

Stone is just trying to me worldly and speak in multilingual... /sarcasm... :2razz: Next, he will doing an interview in Spanish...

This is talk radio. I'm betting Mr. Mo'Kelly is thrilled, it will just get him rating points.

This is talk radio. I'm betting Mr. Mo'Kelly is thrilled, it will just get him rating points.

KFI AM and the Mo Kelly show are one of the top 4 radio stations in the LA market. So it's not like they needed a boost from a controversy with Mr Stone. Which seems to follow wherever he goes. So it's not at all like they needed a boost from Roger. But I guess it won't hurt. But what it comes down to is Roger being Roger and showing us all once again what an awful human being he is.

He might have said that... It sounds like it might be that...but it is not 100%. It is broken up and there are clearly reception issues...

He might have said that... It sounds like it might be that...but it is not 100%. It is broken up and there are clearly reception issues...

I had to turn up volume but I heard it. 100% He definitely said it.

Back
Top Bottom