• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Roger Stone Admits Spreading Lies on InfoWars

Cardinal

Respected On All Sides
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I'm fine with this. I'm not ecstatic, however, because although it may have some small positive impact on his audience, in my experience the people who post infowars articles here know they're fake and just don't give a ****.

As questions swirl about his credibility, former Trump campaign adviser Roger Stone settled a defamation suit seeking $100 million in damages on Monday for publishing false and misleading statements on InfoWars.com, a far-right website known for promoting conspiracy theories.

The agreement requires Mr. Stone to run ads in national newspapers, including The Wall Street Journal, apologizing for making defamatory statements about a Chinese businessman who is a vocal critic of Beijing. It also requires Mr. Stone to publish a retraction of the false statements on social media. Doing so exempts him from paying any of the damages.

In a text message, Mr. Stone described his conduct as “irresponsible” and added that “I am solely responsible for fulfilling the terms of the settlement.”

Unrelated to the Russia probe, Mr. Stone’s settlement is the latest indication that Mr. Stone’s use of various media platforms to spread unfounded claims isn’t without consequences. Special counsel Robert Mueller’s office is investigating Mr. Stone’s role in orchestrating stories about key events being examined in the Russia probe, the Journal has reported.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/roger-stone-admits-spreading-lies-on-infowars-11545093097

I'm fine with this. I'm not ecstatic, however, because although it may have some small positive impact on his audience, in my experience the people who post infowars articles here know they're fake and just don't give a ****.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/roger-stone-admits-spreading-lies-on-infowars-11545093097

I have a hard time reading anything about Stone without bile rising in my throat.

Stone, Trump and Infowars. The unholy trio.

By the way, is that old pervert Stone still advertising for swinging partners for him and his wife?

I think he got off too easy. Should have still had to pay a substantial amount of money

Roger Stone, InfoWars, lies... who knew?

If he was forced to pay the damages, he'd just run a Go Fund Me campaign anyway and none of it would ever come out of his personal fortune, which is by the way quite considerable. (approx. $10 Mn as of 2017)

I have a hard time reading anything about Stone without bile rising in my throat.

Stone, Trump and Infowars. The unholy trio.

By the way, is that old pervert Stone still advertising for swinging partners for him and his wife?

So Stone is actually a Grade A cuck?
That's hilarious.

stone_enquirer_inside.gif

If he was forced to pay the damages, he'd just run a Go Fund Me campaign anyway and none of it would ever come out of his personal fortune, which is by the way quite considerable. (approx. $10 Mn as of 2017)

He thinks I am sure that this deal lets him hold onto the $10 million it is said that he has collected over the years, but surely someone(s) will come and take it as a civil matter.

He and his wifes Swinger ad is pretty fine:

"We are hot, athletic and very fit. We are seeking similar couples or exceptional muscular, well hung, single men. She's 40DD-24-36 and bi. She loves to **** hard and deep. He's 195 lbs., trim, muscular and 8″ +. She prefers jocks, military men, and body builders. No fat people or smokers need respond. Send photo and phone. No photo, no response! We are interested in DC, VA, MD, NYC, Miami, and LA."
https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-politicians/republicans/roger-stone-net-worth/

Even though I feel the appropriate response to such news is sarcastic shock and a statement of "No, REALLY?!?"...

It's good to know he admitted it.

Not that it'll change anything about the influence his lies had on those who have incorporated them into their reality, and still live in that reality.

He thinks I am sure that this deal lets him hold onto the $10 million it is said that he has collected over the years, but surely someone(s) will come and take it as a civil matter.

He and his wifes Swinger ad is pretty fine:

"We are hot, athletic and very fit. We are seeking similar couples or exceptional muscular, well hung, single men. She's 40DD-24-36 and bi. She loves to **** hard and deep. He's 195 lbs., trim, muscular and 8″ +. She prefers jocks, military men, and body builders. No fat people or smokers need respond. Send photo and phone. No photo, no response! We are interested in DC, VA, MD, NYC, Miami, and LA."
https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-politicians/republicans/roger-stone-net-worth/

Stones wife looks like a real bottom feeder. I would not have sex with her if they paid me $100 per inch.

Besides, I don't need $150 dollars that much. ;)

Anyone who hasn't already figured out that Infowars publishes a load of horse pucky isn't going to believe Stone's retraction.

Anyone who hasn't already figured out that Infowars publishes a load of horse pucky isn't going to believe Stone's retraction.

Charging someone for lying on InfoWars is a lot like charging someone for lying on their OkCupid profile....but notice that this is where we are, because there is a job to get done....."DUMP TRUMP!"

I dont see how treating this guy like a third grader helps the country any......

Adults don't sell lies for a living. That's what broken children in the bodies of adults do.

WTF is that punishment?????? Roger Stone will LOVE doing this!!!!!!! He is a troll and running "I'm sorry ads," when you don't mean it isn't exactly a punishment. Is there no contract stating that he can't run fake news ever again? Just apologize in the MSM while continuing to spread fake news on his social platforms? What a ridiculous deal the prosecution made in this case.

WTF is that punishment?????? Roger Stone will LOVE doing this!!!!!!! He is a troll and running "I'm sorry ads," when you don't mean it isn't exactly a punishment. Is there no contract stating that he can't run fake news ever again? Just apologize in the MSM while continuing to spread fake news on his social platforms? What a ridiculous deal the prosecution made in this case.

His wealth doesn't appear to be infinite:

Mr. Stone did not respond to a question about how the settlement impacts him financially. In recent weeks, Mr. Stone has publicly complained of his mounting legal bills, which are likely to soar higher as he continues to be of interest to investigators probing Russian interference in the 2016 election.

“This threatens to bankrupt my family and destroy me financially,” Mr. Stone said of the Russia probes on an InfoWars broadcast earlier this month. He asked for financial support and said his bills already exceed half a million dollars.

Mr. Stone has repeatedly claimed that prosecutors will have to go through him to get to President Trump, and that he will never testify against the president, whom he has known for decades. He has criticized the investigators on social media, calling the special counsel’s probe a witch hunt run by “Deep State hit man Robert Mueller” and his “minions.”

Stones wife looks like a real bottom feeder. I would not have sex with her if they paid me $100 per inch.

Besides, I don't need $150 dollars that much. ;)

Someone forgot to tell one of the members here that the ad is from the Bob Dole campaign era.

PS: Trust me, I know what 40DD's look like and Ms. Stone doesn't have 40DD's.

LMcP2008edited.jpg

Of course he does. This is what happens when you're an Alex Jones and let idiots on your show....

No one really believes infowars anyway its like spitting in the Pacific ocean.

On the contrary, about half the membership here believes everything they read on Infowars!

Back
Top Bottom