• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Roe v. Wade will be overturned if Trump wins, Pence says

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — GOP vice presidential nominee Mike Pence on Thursday predicted that Roe v. Wade, the landmark Supreme Court ruling that legalized abortion, would be overturned if Donald Trump is elected president.

And there you have it. No more little laws, picking at Roe v. Wade. They are finally telling the truth instead of beating around the bush.

If Trump is elected, my plans are to invest in a coat-hanger factory. Business is going to be YUUUUGEEEE.

Article is here.

And there you have it. No more little laws, picking at Roe v. Wade. They are finally telling the truth instead of beating around the bush.

If Trump is elected, my plans are to invest in a coat-hanger factory. Business is going to be YUUUUGEEEE.

Article is here.

Well, that gives me another reason to not vote for Trump.

Article is here.

I hope that crap is brought up nice and quick in the debates.

Well, that gives me another reason to not vote for Trump.

I was thinking i would vote trump but this alone is giving me great pause. I would rather the 2nd Amend get repealed than RvW.

I was thinking i would vote trump but this alone is giving me great pause. I would rather the 2nd Amend get repealed than RvW.

I'd rather neither got repealed.

Article is here.

And you actually believe that?

The idea of a Trump presidency literally gives me the shivers.

Overturning a SCOTUS ruling is next to impossible, even for the POTUS. If it could be done so easily it would've been done already.

Abortion is such a trivial issue in the grand scheme of elections. It's an empty subject that politicians talk about in order to rile up the base but in reality they don't plan to do anything about it.

Article is here.

It will never happen. Pence needs to read the Constitution regarding the powers of the VP.

Overturning a SCOTUS ruling is next to impossible, even for the POTUS. If it could be done so easily it would've been done already.

Not if that POTUS has the potential of appointing 3 or more Supreme Court Justices.

Abortion is such a trivial issue in the grand scheme of elections. It's an empty subject that politicians talk about in order to rile up the base but in reality they don't plan to do anything about it.

It's not a trivial issue to me.

Article is here.
Meh. I doubt it. This is the problem with the PENCE/TRUMP ticket.

Pence is a JESUS FREAK. It's obvious that Trump couldn't care less about the conservative agenda. But Pence is pandering to the worst elements of the GOP. It's comments like Pence' that turned me off to the GOP. Nobody cares about social justice warriors, whether it's on the left or the right. Be that as it may I would never ever vote for Hillary and I've cooled somewhat on Johnson.

1.) RvW will not be "overturned"
2.) trump will not be our next president

and yes I numbered them that way because #2 has no bearing on number #1 :)

Honestly in the political world there aren't many worst VP picks than Penance not named Cruz

It will never happen. Pence needs to read the Constitution regarding the powers of the VP.

Well, yes. You don't?

There could easily be enough justices that die/retire in the next 4-8 years to create what ever kind of SCOTUS a president wants. So it seems entirely possible.

There could easily be enough justices that die/retire in the next 4-8 years to create what ever kind of SCOTUS a president wants. So it seems entirely possible.

Trump doesn't want Roe v. Wade overturned.

Pence has to say that to keep the religious right following Trump. I don't think that will ever happen. Political promises during the campaign are about as good as...READ MY LIPS...NO NEW TAXES.

Article is here.

Ask him how.

Back
Top Bottom