• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Roe v Wade overturned - politico obtains draft opinion

You gotta love the Republicans two sided sword of hypocrisy when it comes to abortion. On one side it's "Oh we need to save the fetus" and the other is "It's not the government's job to help your kid (even though we took away your right to abortion)". I hope the Republicans are prepared for the increase in public assistance in their red states when this fully takes hold.

The ruling is likely to bring out voters for both parties; not sure which will get more. These Republicans wouldn't understand citizen rights if it slapped them in the face, whatever you think of Roe. That's why the Warren court was excellent, actually defending people's rights (yes, I know Roe was the Burger court).

This gives the Dems a reason to increase the number of justices on the court and it should be started tomorrow.

Gonna need more seats, Manchin and Sinema already stated opposition to that.

I suspect there will be a lot of future kids up for adoption.

Hmm.

Very sad.

I hope this does not lead to violence. There is no more contentious an issue in the USA than the topic of Abortion.

Not really, if you think about it. 10% of Americans wanted to overturn Roe V Wade. Maybe 15%. That's the two sides of the country, 85% vs. 15% and they have equal representation

Every one of whom lied in their hearings about their intent to overturn Roe.
They would say they did not lie but edged around the truth or refused to answer questions when asked. I blame Susan Collins as she was promised by Kavanaugh he would uphold Roe. Lying to a Senator is not illegal and he gave Collins an excuse to do as the GOP told her to vote if she wanted their financial support in her next election.

Depressing news about the SCOTUS leak.

2017 - 2020 brought so many negative changes, and we’ll be experiencing the ill effects for years.

Susan Collins, you do realize your part in this current SCOTUS mess?

At least they'll be alive.
Are you willing to help defray the cost of brining them up as in rape cases. Remember no more morning after pill for rape victims.

Depressing news about the SCOTUS leak.

2017 - 2020 brought so many negative changes, and we’ll be experiencing the ill effects for years.

Susan Collins, you do realize your part in this current SCOTUS mess?

Yep, the bigger story is what a shit show the court has become.. it will take decades to repair the legitimacy of the court.

So much for small government republicans..

The biggest question is who leaked and why?
Well this will light the fire under the butts of the left and independents who support choice.

I'm pretty surprised. A year ago I didn't think this would happen anytime soon, if ever.

They would say they did not lie but edged around the truth or refused to answer questions when asked. I blame Susan Collins as she was promised by Kavanaugh he would uphold Roe. Lying to a Senator is not illegal and he gave Collins an excuse to do as the GOP told her to vote if she wanted their financial support in her next election.
This should drive home the point that Susan Collins is just like Ted Cruz: spineless.

Back
Top Bottom