• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Roe is just the beginning.... Griswold will be next

Easy to say when it's not your rights being voted on, isn't it?

That's the fundamental difference between a liberal and a conservative. Empathy.
lol- that's bullshit

Easy to say when it's not your rights being voted on, isn't it?

That's the fundamental difference between a liberal and a conservative. Empathy.

Deuce,

Look at the population numbers. If more people do not have more babies, our civilization will crumble.

The global birthrate has been on a steady decline since 1960. There is no reason to have an abortion, we need the complete opposite.

lol- that's bullshit
"I would rather increase the risk that another human being dies a slow and horrible death than put a piece of cloth over my face for fifteen minutes as I walk through Target" is not a decision made by a person with empathy.

Deuce,

Look at the population numbers. If more people do not have more babies, our civilization will crumble.

The global birthrate has been on a steady decline since 1960. There is no reason to have an abortion, we need the complete opposite.
What other methods are you willing to support in furtherance of forcing women to be pregnant?

"I would rather increase the risk that another human being dies a slow and horrible death than put a piece of cloth over my face for fifteen minutes as I walk through Target" is not a decision made by a person with empathy.
faux claim. try again. I realize the left pretends they have a monopoly on caring-at least when it comes to collectivist authoritarianism . You want other people to be forced to wear masks when the duty is upon you to protect yourself.

Sure....

And here in Texas (up until 2 years ago) you couldn't sue some because you thought they were assisting in someone getting an abortion--which is still legal in Texas as of this writing anyway. But now you can sue the person who paid for the abortion, the driver who drove the woman to the clinic, etc... And because of HIPPA, you don't really know if the woman who allegedly got the abortion was pregnant to start with. As long as they don't sue the woman, the nuisance law suits are enough to all but outlaw the practice.

If a state can come up with a completely ridiculous and cockamamie law like we have in Texas and the high court has decided that it's cool...gay and interracial marriage is subject to the same clever laws.
I am more worried about what this really means to all of our liberties and freedoms. It seems obvious that a biased court could do anything they want. Sure there is the impeachment thing, but we could lose that too.

faux claim. try again. I realize the left pretends they have a monopoly on caring-at least when it comes to collectivist authoritarianism . You want other people to be forced to wear masks when the duty is upon you to protect yourself.
Not a monopoly on caring. That's not the same thing.

Empathy would mean nobody had to force you to wear the mask. I don't want to force you to act decently. I want you to be a decent person.

Whataboutism is stupid.

What's wrong with that?
Where abortion is concerned, a lot.

For example, if you live in a blue state and are offered a promotion but you have to move to a red state to accept it...you may not want to do that if carrying a pregnancy to term might kill you; or if you just don't want to start a family....

What are you talking about? Still trying to deflect down some strange road of "reasoning" only you can see?

Your issue is a red herring. Period!
You're stating that the government in one case--abortion--should see the fetus as a person.
You're stating that the government in another case--the census--should not see the fetus as a person.

Pick a position and stay on it.

Where abortion is concerned, a lot.

For example, if you live in a blue state and are offered a promotion but you have to move to a red state to accept it...you may not want to do that if carrying a pregnancy to term might kill you; or if you just don't want to start a family....

???

There is a thing called flying/driving to another state to perform an abortion.

A right to abortion doesn't supersede preventing civilization from collapsing.
You still didn't answer the question.

???

There is a thing called flying/driving to another state to perform an abortion.
The result is abortion is only illegal for the poor. It's class warfare.

So Democrats care about poor people now? They are talking about waiving student loan debt for doctors and lawyers who make over 100k.

Class warfare? Gimme a break.

some on the right note the same about gun control In both cases, there is merit to this argument if someone is poor and lives in an abortion banning state. And the lesser educated/poor are more likely to not use or obtain birth control

Now that the precedent is going to be "let the states decide"...interracial and gay marriage will be at the prerogative of the states as well. Look for this in the next few decades.

If conservatives continue down this regressive path you could turn out to be correct in your prediction. We already have a Republican senator saying Griswold should be overturned.

So Democrats care about poor people now? They are talking about waiving student loan debt for doctors and lawyers who make over 100k.

Right, because they want to waive student loans to specifically help doctors and lawyers. :rolleyes:

Was that the only people who were eligible for student loan forgiveness?
Essentially, those who can "drive or fly" to a neighboring state--your words; not mine--are those affluent enough to be able to do so.

Back
Top Bottom