• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Roe is gone, women become second class citizens again and believe it, contraception will be next

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The court has signaled that Roe is gone and now that the right wing religious people have gotten their way with this, contraception is next on their list. Many of you will say I am wrong, but think, with Roe gone and abortion illegal in many if not all states, what is there to stop the right wing religious people from making contraception illegal as well, NOTHING. There ws a time before Roe that many states had made contraception devices illegal and it will happen again.
I have a friend whose daughter was raped and the first thing they did after her exam at the hospital was they gave her the morning after pill. Now if a woman she gets raped no morning after pill and if pregnant, she will not only have to carry the rapists child to birth, but those same damn right wingers will not even help care for the child and the mother after birth. As we all know well, the birth is important to the right wingers, after that they do not give a damn what happens to the mother and child.
I guess the right wing stuffing the court with justices totally controlled by the GOP and the right wing has worked and has set back this country to the 1950's.

I'm not at all sure contraception is on the agenda. The small argument for that is further undoing the 'liberal' court's recognition of rights, but the bigger issue is that it's all driven by politics, and there isn't a political payoff for removing contraception rights - but a likely big political price. So the odds of contraception seem low. It would have to start with a law - is a state going to pass such a law?

I'm not at all sure contraception is on the agenda. The small argument for that is further undoing the 'liberal' court's recognition of rights, but the bigger issue is that it's all driven by politics, and there isn't a political payoff for removing contraception rights - but a likely big political price. So the odds of contraception seem low. It would have to start with a law - is a state going to pass such a law?
You have to be kidding me. The right wing religious groups have been pushing contraception laws, but Roe helped protect women's right to contraception. With Roe gone, so is the right to contraception.

"women become second class citizens again"

The left declared an end to women's rights when they pick up trans bathroom-locker room rights.
Ah, there you are again going way off the OP because once again yo have not real argument. Do you ever try at least to come up with even the wort argument. It is better than what you have written as far as I can see.

You have to be kidding me. The right wing religious groups have been pushing contraception laws, but Roe helped protect women's right to contraception. With Roe gone, so is the right to contraception.

Dude -- most sexually-active pro-life women are on the pill. Most of the pro-life community doesn't want the pill banned.

The Pill isn't going anywhere.
Oh, do not be so sure. I know plenty of right wing religious types that want to do away with all contraception and Roe was the only thing protecting women's right to have and use them. Before Roe there were many states that outlawed all types of contraception and the now can do it again.

Oh, do not be so sure. I know plenty of right wing religious types that want to do away with all contraception and Roe was the only thing protecting women's right to have and use them. Before Roe there were many states that outlawed all types of contraception and the now can do it again.

The people who want to get rid of ALL contraception are in a massive minority.

Dude -- most sexually-active pro-life women are on the pill. Most of the pro-life community doesn't want the pill banned.
I guess we will see about that, but many states outlawed the pill before Roe. The far right is in control of the GOP who control many of the state and many if not a vast majority of the far right are against all forms of contraception.

The people who want to get rid of ALL contraception are in a massive minority.
that massive minority control the GOP who control many states.

I guess we will see about that, but many states outlawed the pill before Roe. The far right is in control of the GOP who control many of the state and many if not a vast majority of the far right are against all forms of contraception.

Can you name any Republicans in power - federal or state - who want ALL contraceptives banned? I'd like to read up on them, please.

The people who want to get rid of all abortion are a tiny minority, yet here we are.

Here we are ---- with the most conservative states not getting rid of all abortions?

If you think the radical right is stopping here, you're not keeping up. They imagine a world in which women don't have title IX protections and are forced out of the workforce and instead encouraged to 'make a home.'

Can you name any Republicans in power - federal or state - who want ALL contraceptives banned? I'd like to read up on them, please.
If I recall correctly back when they were debating birth control for O-care, of the 20-something proposed right-wingers approved all but abortion.

abortion
contraception
premarital sex
extramarital sex
same sex relationships
sex education
interracial marriage

ALL of it is on the menu.

Their words, not mine!

Goddamn right it's all on the menu. They have an agenda, and they're deadly serious about implementing it. I grew up in Deep South far-right religious, white supremacist crazy land. I know how these ****ers think and it's why I can't ever go back there again. The problem is, they want to export their shit cross-country.

The people who want to get rid of all abortion are a tiny minority, yet here we are.

(What's a massive minority? Is that like a jumbo shrimp? Lol. ;) )

Ha. Yes, it's exactly like that. :)

Goddamn right it's all on the menu. They have an agenda, and they're deadly serious about implementing it. I grew up in Deep South far-right religious, white supremacist crazy land. I know how these ****ers think and it's why I can't ever go back there again. The problem is, they want to export their shit cross-country.

I lived down there for thirteen years myself. Arkansas and Texas.

Some Roman Catholics might want contraception to be illegal, but probably very few.

Apart from that, no pro-life groups oppose contraception, except for post-fertilization abortifacients.

Back
Top Bottom