• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Roe is gone, women become second class citizens again and believe it, contraception will be next

Dude -- most sexually-active pro-life women are on the pill. Most of the pro-life community doesn't want the pill banned.
Of course, women are becoming decreasing second class citizens,so they won't count anymore.

The court has signaled that Roe is gone and now that the right wing religious people have gotten their way with this, contraception is next on their list. Many of you will say I am wrong, but think, with Roe gone and abortion illegal in many if not all states, what is there to stop the right wing religious people from making contraception illegal as well, NOTHING. There ws a time before Roe that many states had made contraception devices illegal and it will happen again.
I have a friend whose daughter was raped and the first thing they did after her exam at the hospital was they gave her the morning after pill. Now if a woman she gets raped no morning after pill and if pregnant, she will not only have to carry the rapists child to birth, but those same damn right wingers will not even help care for the child and the mother after birth. As we all know well, the birth is important to the right wingers, after that they do not give a damn what happens to the mother and child.
I guess the right wing stuffing the court with justices totally controlled by the GOP and the right wing has worked and has set back this country to the 1950's.
This is not about babies. The right hate sexually active women, even if it's against their will. So yes, contraception will be next. Because it's inevitable, fascism always needs someone to hate. Stop abortion, you need a new reason that 'American has lost it's way'

No, shit. That's how politics works. You run on a platform and people vote for you and you pass that platform.
So the GOP is in a clear minority? Good.

So the GOP is in a clear minority? Good.
You're complaining that the GOP listens to its voters. That's like the dumbest thing I have read in a long time. Are you suggesting they shouldn't?

You're complaining that the GOP listens to its voters. That's like the dumbest thing I have read in a long time. Are you suggesting they shouldn't?

No, I know the platform of the GOP is hate. I am just thrilled to hear they are a clear minority

The court has signaled that Roe is gone and now that the right wing religious people have gotten their way with this, contraception is next on their list. Many of you will say I am wrong

That is correct, the vast majority will think you are wrong.

What will you say if you prove to be incorrect?

, but think, with Roe gone and abortion illegal in many if not all states, what is there to stop the right wing religious people from making contraception illegal as well, NOTHING. There ws a time before Roe that many states had made contraception devices illegal and it will happen again.
I have a friend whose daughter was raped and the first thing they did after her exam at the hospital was they gave her the morning after pill. Now if a woman she gets raped no morning after pill and if pregnant, she will not only have to carry the rapists child to birth, but those same damn right wingers will not even help care for the child and the mother after birth. As we all know well, the birth is important to the right wingers, after that they do not give a damn what happens to the mother and child.
I guess the right wing stuffing the court with justices totally controlled by the GOP and the right wing has worked and has set back this country to the 1950's.

....you know that overturning Roe doesn't mean that abortion is ended, right?

I guess we will see about that, but many states outlawed the pill before Roe. The far right is in control of the GOP who control many of the state and many if not a vast majority of the far right are against all forms of contraception.
I can't think of any poster who has been more consistently pro life than I on this forum. My wife is the same, but, more emotionally fervent than I on the topic.

We used birth control.

The only Pro-Lifers I know who don't are particularly observant Catholics, who are also not in favor of banning it.

I'm speaking as a pro-choice woman as far as the government legislates though personally I am pro-life. My choice, right?

First of all, I would not have minded if Roe v. Wade had stayed intact.

I don't think womens' choice is in the dumpster when it comes to reproductive rights and contraception. I believe the ruling was always unconstitutional and now it goes back to the states where it belongs according to the SC. I doubt much will change except for the timeframe in which a woman could get an abortion. I also think states have the right to add some other stipulation as well, like counseling and a waiting period, say a week? Women need to be able to make the best decision so why not be given the opportunity to explore her options? Women will still be able to choose for themselves decisions that may affect their reproductive health and their emotional health forever... They'll be able to get abortions within a certain timeframe and buy contraceptives without limitation. Reproductive autonomy isn't going anywhere. Stop the fear mongering, blaming, and the bigotry toward "the right wing religious people" and the SC. You're using this as a wedge issue just like the good old Democrats are doing this morning. It's superficially obvious to most.

I'd be more concerned with who leaked the draft than the court's decision but you do you. ...
:unsure:

That's nothing but ridiculous fear mongering...

You do realize that it's the left's fault that this got to the SCOTUS in the first place? Once again, this was a case of the left going too far. When you all decided that aborting a child that was developed enough to live outside the womb, many saw that as a line too far... Then in classic leftist fashion, you took thing to a point that no moral human being could tolerate... You wanted women to have the right to flat out murder a child after it was born.

If you people would have just shown a shred of morality and not endorsed bold faced murder of children, this issue would have never been brought before SCOTUS in the first place.

show your work

. When you all decided that aborting a child that was developed enough to live outside the womb, many saw that as a line too far... Then in classic leftist fashion, you took thing to a point that no moral human being could tolerate... You wanted women to have the right to flat out murder a child after it was born.

You do realize that Roe only applied to the first 20 weeks, long before viability. You should know what the court is overturning and not laws in particular states.

No shit!

ffs...
Seems you didn't realize it.

Now that is really stupid, really stupid. Also kind of pitiful. I guess if you have no good argument, this is what you do.
You are missing the point. Even if Roe is overturned, there will be some type of abortion rights law enacted by congress and/or the various states to replace it. duh!

I can't think of any poster who has been more consistently pro life than I on this forum. My wife is the same, but, more emotionally fervent than I on the topic.

We used birth control.

The only Pro-Lifers I know who don't are particularly observant Catholics, who are also not in favor of banning it.
I bet you have not been watching some of the right wing shows and people. Of course the far right religious people want to ban contraception, and that will be next. What I find interesting is that many of the older Catholics i know who used birth control during the years tht could have more children, are now dead set against it. I guess that is really having your cake and eating it to.

Seems you didn't realize it.
I did... Do you understand what "push back" means?

It means that when you give some one an inch, and they take a mile, people might just get pissed off.

I did... Do you understand what "push back" means?

It means that when you give some one an inch, and they take a mile, people might just get pissed off.
nah. You did not prove your assertions. Those were opinions.

Roe may be gone, we don't know for sure yet. We do know that if Roe is repealed by the Court it becomes a states issue to decide. So saying abortion is going to be ended is just not true.

Don't take away their hysteria. They live for it.

I bet you have not been watching some of the right wing shows and people. Of course the far right religious people want to ban contraception, and that will be next. What I find interesting is that many of the older Catholics i know who used birth control during the years tht could have more children, are now dead set against it. I guess that is really having your cake and eating it to.

This strikes me as something about the conservative people of faith that Everyone On The Left Knows About, and no actual Conservatives who are Christians know about.

I have lived my adult life in conservative circles, and in Christian circles. I have friends who are don't-use-BC variety Catholics (and who have a goodly few children as a result), I have friends who are in Christian communities that other Evangelical conservative churches think are nuts - I have never heard it argued in any of those communities that banning contraception would be a good thing. That is not a position of any mainline conservative movement or any conservative-leaning Christian movement that I am aware of.

So, until you can provide some supporting evidence that "of course the far right religious people want to ban contraception" beyond some variation of "I Found This Nut With 270 Followers On YouTube", I'm going to file this claim right next to "The Progressives Are Putting Chemicals In The Juice Boxes That Are Turning The Kids Gay".

Back
Top Bottom