• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Roe is gone, women become second class citizens again and believe it, contraception will be next

The real target is Griswold v. CT.

Soon gay marriage will be subject to the State's prerogative as well.

I lived down there for thirteen years myself. Arkansas and Texas.

Mostly grew up in Louisiana. Old man's family from Mississippi, and mother's from North Texas and East Arkansas.

Confession time: I am convicted felon. I was convicted of smuggling books into Mississippi.

Some Roman Catholics might want contraception to be illegal, but probably very few.

Apart from that, no pro-life groups oppose contraception, except for post-fertilization abortifacients.

There's more to this than the pro-life groups.
Most of the right leaning fundie evangelicals want contraception banned.
They don't give a damn if the pro-life groups are with them on this or not because some of these churches have budgets that dwarf pro-life outfits.
They'll just buy themselves some politicians and lobbyists, wind em up and watch em go.

Mostly grew up in Louisiana. Old man's family from Mississippi, and mother's from North Texas and East Arkansas.

Confession time: I am convicted felon. I was convicted of smuggling books into Mississippi.

What KIND of books?
Ole Miss doesn't mind if you have a bunch of Jack Chick tracts.

There's more to this than the pro-life groups.
Most of the right leaning fundie evangelicals want contraception banned.
They don't give a damn if the pro-life groups are with them on this or not because some of these churches have budgets that dwarf pro-life outfits.
They'll just buy themselves some politicians and lobbyists, wind em up and watch em go.

Who? Name some.

I'm not at all sure contraception is on the agenda. The small argument for that is further undoing the 'liberal' court's recognition of rights, but the bigger issue is that it's all driven by politics, and there isn't a political payoff for removing contraception rights - but a likely big political price. So the odds of contraception seem low. It would have to start with a law - is a state going to pass such a law?

It absolutely is. The American Taliban want abortion gone, contraception gone, Gays jammed back in the closet, and us all shuffling off to church whether we want to or not (there was already a laughable attempt at the last one in Arizona a few years back).

They're basically no different, ideologically, than Saudi Arabia or Iran.

Polls show a majority of Americans want abortion to remain legal. The GOP listens only to its supporters.

And it will remain legal --- even in the most conservative states.

And it will remain legal in all or most cases in most states.

The court has signaled that Roe is gone and now that the right wing religious people have gotten their way with this, contraception is next on their list. Many of you will say I am wrong, but think, with Roe gone and abortion illegal in many if not all states, what is there to stop the right wing religious people from making contraception illegal as well, NOTHING. There ws a time before Roe that many states had made contraception devices illegal and it will happen again.
I have a friend whose daughter was raped and the first thing they did after her exam at the hospital was they gave her the morning after pill. Now if a woman she gets raped no morning after pill and if pregnant, she will not only have to carry the rapists child to birth, but those same damn right wingers will not even help care for the child and the mother after birth. As we all know well, the birth is important to the right wingers, after that they do not give a damn what happens to the mother and child.
I guess the right wing stuffing the court with justices totally controlled by the GOP and the right wing has worked and has set back this country to the 1950's.
Yup, the last gasp of the theocratic morons, they know they are becoming the minority.

This won't last. Demographics....

The court has signaled that Roe is gone and now that the right wing religious people have gotten their way with this, contraception is next on their list. Many of you will say I am wrong, but think, with Roe gone and abortion illegal in many if not all states, what is there to stop the right wing religious people from making contraception illegal as well, NOTHING. There ws a time before Roe that many states had made contraception devices illegal and it will happen again.
I have a friend whose daughter was raped and the first thing they did after her exam at the hospital was they gave her the morning after pill. Now if a woman she gets raped no morning after pill and if pregnant, she will not only have to carry the rapists child to birth, but those same damn right wingers will not even help care for the child and the mother after birth. As we all know well, the birth is important to the right wingers, after that they do not give a damn what happens to the mother and child.
I guess the right wing stuffing the court with justices totally controlled by the GOP and the right wing has worked and has set back this country to the 1950's.
Prior to Roe abortion was illegal is exactly 8 states.

Last edited:
It absolutely is. The American Taliban want abortion gone, contraception gone, Gays jammed back in the closet, and us all shuffling off to church whether we want to or not (there was already a laughable attempt at the last one in Arizona a few years back).

They're basically no different, ideologically, than Saudi Arabia or Iran.
American Taliban?? Can you give me examples of us throwing gays off buildings, or stoning women to death for just being accused of cheating, or chopping some ones head off for talking bad about Jesus?

American Taliban?? Can you give me examples of us throwing gays off buildings, or stoning women to death for just being accused of cheating, or chopping some ones head off for talking bad about Jesus?
Give it a couple more years.

There's already a few pastors arguing for those exact things.

This piece of shit, for example:

They are calling for lining up gays and their supporters and shooting them by firing squad.

Give it a couple more years.

There's already a few pastors arguing for those exact things.

This piece of shit, for example:

Those are not pastors, and they do not represent the vast majority of us on the right. Anyone who promotes death of another human are not men of God.

Those are not pastors, and they do not represent the vast majority of us on the right. Anyone who promotes death of another human are not men of God.
Interesting...how about those who built gallows and calling for hanging Mike Pence and beat cops?

Back
Top Bottom