• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Roe has been overruled.

Most of those on this board are fringe left - dedicated to the eradication of the United States Constitution. Upholding civil rights pleases those like me - but democrats have worked to end constitutional rights once and for all. The idea that the PEOPLE have a say in abortion runs contrary to the authoritarian goals of democrats. We are to be ruled - letting people in the many states have a say is verbotten.

I am not one of the "fringe left".
You do realize that the Trump appointed SC nominee's stated Roe was settled law.

One confirmed, they now change their minds.

LOL! Clueless comment. Tyranny of the minority is the opposite of "democracy".

IOW, the number of voters who voted for the U.S. Senators and the two consecutive G.O.P. presidents who nominated four consecutive white
Roman Catholic Justices who made this ruling were either elected in their states by smaller than national average votes or lost the popular vote
in presidential elections resulting in their presidencies.

Neither Bush or Trump arrived at the White House through popular vote and a Wyoming senator elected by 200,000 votes, max. voted for
these four judicial nominees while a California senator who received 10 million votes opposed the four Bush and Trump nominees.

The voters who voted for the senators from the least populous states and for Bush and Trump had the least average adult education of all voters.
And none of that matters. The system is established and was followed. If you want to find contradictions on the other side it wouldn't be hard. We use the Constitution to guide our decisions and laws and rights. The job of the court is to determine if the Constitution is being followed as it is written and not as some want it to be. Nowhere in the Constitution is abortion mentioned nor guaranteed. The Roe decision was wrong and based on a judges opinion about other clauses that none of which guaranteed abortion. Yet, abortion has not been banned. This decision merely says it is not a Constitutional right and returns the matter to the people via their individual states. The people now get to vote to decide through their elected representatives and not by a handful of justices. THE PEOPLE. The left has lied about it ending abortion, it doesn't. That is now left to each state and it's citizens to decide.
Some states will possibly even likely have fewer restrictions than the Roe decision.

We can at last return to democracy.
This has nothing to do with democracy but with judicial activism and the violation of women's rights and it will not end abortion in any way. This will have big consequences for the supreme court and for the republican women rights haters. Women will not take this and will retaliate against the people who violated women's rights.

It is funny, that when Bible Reading and prayer in Public Schools was officially ended under the Kennedy Administration in 1963 with a Supreme Court decision, there was a majority consensus that this was wrong and that the Federal Government would make amends. And then Kennedy was assassinated, time moved on and nothing was done.

Whenever anyone brought up about freedom of religion, and the historic bond between the CHURCH and EDUCATION, there was the repeated mantra "The Supreme Court has made their decision on SEPARATION," by an atheistic minority.

Well now, the Supreme Court has made another decision ----- and a minority is crying the blues about their rights to free access of eliminating unwanted pregnancies. All I can say is that the Supreme Court has made their decision that it's a STATE issue and not a FEDERAL mandate.

It is so much easier to deal with an issue at a STATE level, than to try to swing an entire COUNTRY. And this is the way our framers of the Constitution intended things to be.

Last edited:
This has nothing to do with democracy but with judicial activism and the violation of women's rights and it will not end abortion in any way. This will have big consequences for the supreme court and for the republican women rights haters. Women will not take this and will retaliate against the people who violated women's rights.

This is a terrible decision, but I fail to see how it is a woman's rights issue. Women and men can get abortions.

Current SC has become a political tool.
Sour grapes... on top of horrific irony.

Dems actually believe the SCOTUS *should* be a political tool... albeit one to serve their insidious goals.

Heck, they've even admitted as such recently with their overt threats to pack the court in their favor.

But not to worry, the left is still free to kill their babies with virtual impunity - and even do it "constitutionally" - albeit because it's now an issue for the states, not the federal government.

This is a terrible decision, but I fail to see how it is a woman's rights issue. Women and men can get abortions.
It's the right decision - which takes it out of the realm of "terrible."

And no, men cannot get abortions.

And none of that matters. The system is established and was followed. If you want to find contradictions on the other side it wouldn't be hard. We use the Constitution to guide our decisions and laws and rights. The job of the court is to determine if the Constitution is being followed as it is written and not as some want it to be. Nowhere in the Constitution is abortion mentioned nor guaranteed. The Roe decision was wrong and based on a judges opinion about other clauses that none of which guaranteed abortion. Yet, abortion has not been banned. This decision merely says it is not a Constitutional right and returns the matter to the people via their individual states. The people now get to vote to decide through their elected representatives and not by a handful of justices. THE PEOPLE. The left has lied about it ending abortion, it doesn't. That is now left to each state and it's citizens to decide.
Some states will possibly even likely have fewer restrictions than the Roe decision.
No it wasn't !

Obama's nomination of Merrick Garland was blocked, seven months before the next election, because Obama is black.
Barrett's nomination "sailed through," after early voting in the 2020 presidential election was well under way.

Gore "lost" Florida in 2000 because the brother of his opponent took extraordinary measures to limit anticipated votes opposing
his brother's candidacy, followed by a one vote Supreme Court decision by a Justice who later admitted her vote was motivated by
her preference to retire from the SCOTUS during a G.O.P. POTUS's term.

meter-mostly-true.jpg

Hillary Clinton
"stated on June 4, 2015 in in a speech at Texas Southern University:
"In Florida, when Jeb Bush was governor, state authorities conducted a deeply flawed purge of voters before the presidential election in 2000" and "in 2004 a plan to purge even more voters was headed off."

Last edited:
Sour grapes... on top of horrific irony.

Dems actually believe the SCOTUS *should* be a political tool... albeit one to serve their insidious goals.

Heck, they've even admitted as such recently with their overt threats to pack the court in their favor.

But not to worry, the left is still free to kill their babies with virtual impunity - and even do it "constitutionally" - albeit because it's now an issue for the states, not the federal government.
Nope.

What happened to Roe being established law during confirmation hearings for the latest 3 SC members?

Did they say things to get get confirmed.
By the way, I am a Republican and don't agree with the SC ruling.
Funny how the SC could rule Roe was ok 50 years ago, but not today.

That's a switch.
This will turn out to be a gift. Women are the majority. G.O.P. is finished as a national contender. Even without this provocative decision's effect,
G.O.P. candidates lost the popular vote in the presidential elections in 1992, 1996, 2000, 2008, 2012, 2016, and in 2020.

You do realize that the Trump appointed SC nominee's stated Roe was settled law.

Here's what Chief Justice Roberts (not appointed by Trump) wrote: "I agree with the Court that the viability line established by Roe and Casey should be discarded under a straightforward stare decisis analysis."

So was Slavery once upon a time. "Sorry President Lincoln, slavery is established law..."

No, it won't.

But I won't argue it's not threatening to push the left to their more visceral reactions when they feel they don't get their way on something.

And for the record - this is NOT a "violation of women's rights" and republicans are not "womens rights haters." This was the right - and the constitutional decision, and should be applauded rather than villified.

Can you point to "abortion" in the Constitution?

Have you ever read the Constitution?

It's going to be fun watching the radical left lose their shit. That's what I like about this board - fringe left....
The radical left losing their shit should scare the same right out of you.

This will turn out to be a gift. Women are the majority. G.O.P. is finished as a national contender. Even without this provocative decision's effect,
G.O.P. candidates lost the popular vote in the presidential elections in 1992, 1996, 2000, 2008, 2012, 2016, and in 2020.

I suppose we'll see. If this is the price we have to pay to dislodge abominations like Roe and Casey, it's worth every dime.

Here's what Chief Justice Roberts (not appointed by Trump) wrote: "I agree with the Court that the viability line established by Roe and Casey should be discarded under a straightforward stare decisis analysis."
So the SC back then ruled wrong according to Roberts.

I am not convinced todays ruling is the correct ruling.

How violent will democrats become? Are the Brown Shirts already organized to rape, rob, murder, and burn? Will democrats make this a "hot weekend?"

Nothing democrats hate more than civil rights. Returning the question to the people of the many states has the Reich melting down.
Some have called for a "day of rage". We will see what happens. Roe was overturned much as Plessy v Ferguson was overturned. Both established precedent and both wrongly decided in the original decisions.

Who, exactly, “established” the right to abortion on demand until ‘viability’?
The constitution established the right. The SCOTUS established the limit. There no logical reason to limit abortion before viability, much less remove that right to begin with.

Current SC has become a political tool. Some members of on the court seemed to have misrepresent themselves during Congressional hearings regarding their appointment.

Sad day for America. So the SC 50 years ago got it wrong? What makes the current SC right?
Yes, actually they did.

Awesome, didn’t, honestly, think I’d ever see this.
Me neither. This is an amazing thing, and an encouraging one - especially in today's politically adversarial climate.

Back
Top Bottom