• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Robocop Remake

Gathomas88

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative

I'm not sure if it looks "good" per se, but they do at least seem to be trying something new.

I guess we'll have to wait and see whether that turns out to be for better or worse in the long run. :shrug:

I'm not sure if it looks "good" per se, but they do at least seem to be trying something new.

I guess we'll have to wait and see whether that turns out to be for better or worse in the long run. :shrug:

I've seen it so many times, I'm anxious to see a redux.

I've seen it so many times, I'm anxious to see a redux.

Hopefully they'll take the character in an interesting direction.

For instance, I'm actually kind of intrigued to see that they're going to be keeping his family around in this version. It should mix up the dynamic a bit to say the least.

However, I'm not going to get my hopes up just yet.

Well, it has to be better than the Total Recall remake.

Well, it has to be better than the Total Recall remake.
I didn't even go see that or watch it on DVD rental. By the way it looked I could tell it was going to be a total failure. ;)

I didn't even go see that or watch it on DVD rental. By the way it looked I could tell it was going to be a total failure. ;)

I only watched it because it was on HBO and I was bored. It was almost as bad as John Carter...

They had to remake Robocop because in the original, future Detroit looks too nice compared to reality. :)

I don't like that Murphy doesn't seem to be dead in this one. Beyond the satire, having your protagonist killed in the opening act really set it apart from other films.

I'm excited to see what they do with it. I just hope they don't screw it up by going soft on the gratuitous violence.

I hate the fact they discuss the design for Robocop in the trailer and show the original Robocop design and make fun of it. I already don't like the redesign of him and that joke to me is a middle finger to the fans of the original. So Im not going to see this.

Does it bug anyone else how they have one human hand hanging out of his armor at all times?

I dunno, it just strikes me as being kind of out of place. You'd think that the hands (and the right hand in particular) would be one of the first things they'd want to armor given the kind of stuff they expect him to be doing.

Last edited:
Leave the classics alone! Just stop it Hollywood. For what they pay to make this they could make a dozen smaller original films and get some new icons into the mix.

the obligatory

I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!

I'll go to see it.

The original was a decent action flick. The sequels were more formula flicks and pretty much sucked but based on the trailer this looks like it has potential.

One of the great joys of the original was not being forced to endure long, artificially tear jerking scenes with the wife and kid. Looks like we'll be subjugated to that here. Also in order to maximize the audience going population you can count out all swearing, drug references and partial nudity.

I already hate it. The only thing they could possibly hope to improve is cgi and thats's simply not a good enough reason to remake a movie.

I'll go to see it.

The original was a decent action flick. The sequels were more formula flicks and pretty much sucked but based on the trailer this looks like it has potential.

There were no sequels to Robocop.

Back
Top Bottom