• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Robertson: Sharon Stroke is Rebuke From God

H

hipsterdufus

Former Presidential candidate Pat Robertson is calling Ariel Sharon's stroke divine retribution for giving away some of the lord's land in Gaza to the Palestinians.

I don't know who's crazier, Robertson, the Palestinians celebrating Sharon's stroke on the street, or the fundamentalist Jews who want to see Sharon die a slow, tortorus death. If there is any hope of a two state solution between Israel and Palestine, Sharon was/is a major factor for the hope of peace in the Middle East.

NORFOLK, Va., Jan. 5 (AP) - The Protestant broadcaster Pat Robertson suggested Thursday that Ariel Sharon's stroke was divine punishment for "dividing God's land."
"God considers this land to be his," Mr. Robertson said on "The 700 Club," his television program. "You read the Bible and he says, 'This is my land,' and for any prime minister of Israel who decides he is going to carve it up and give it away, God says, 'No, this is mine.' "

Mr. Robertson said he had prayed about a year ago with Mr. Sharon, whom he called "a very tenderhearted man and a good friend." He said he was sad to see Mr. Sharon in his current medical condition.

But he also said that in the Bible, the prophet Joel "makes it very clear that God has enmity against those who 'divide my land.' "

Mr. Sharon "was dividing God's land, and I would say woe unto any prime minister of Israel who takes a similar course to appease" the European Union, the United Nations or the United States, Mr. Robertson said.
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/06/national/06robertson.html

blah,blah,blah. The religious right people just don't know when to quit do they? They cry more then a 2yr old child! They are crying about "Brokeback Mountain", "Daniel", and now this Sharon thing. GET A LIFE!

People who claim to be religious and make statements like this make me absolutely sick. He is one, sick M-Fer.

Yet again Pat Robertson shows us why he can't be taken seriously. It continually amazes me how the 700 Club is still on the air.

The phrase "false prophet" definitely comes to mind when I think of Pat Robertson...

Kandahar said:
The phrase "false prophet" definitely comes to mind when I think of Pat Robertson...

Really? Because the phrase "steaming pile of crap" comes to mind for me.

Crazy? Maybe crazy like a fox. He and the rest of the bible-bending, extreme religious-right pander to the undereducated masses. As demented as Robertson's statement sounds to a rational human being, there was a fair-sized segment of the population who nodded their heads and absorbed this as fact. Many probably picked up the phone and made a donation so that such tremendous wisdom can continue to pollute the air-waves for years to come. Scary, isn't it?

I'll just wait for my rebuke from God, now for insulting the holy prophet.

Why does this guy have a show? Why does he when his voice is full of hate, predijuce and anger. This isn't the type of Christain Jesus Christ envisioned I can tell you that. Again I ask why does he have a show and how can America be a progressive nation when they are fanatics perverting the teachings of Christ (which they seem to ignore) on national TV. I feel sorry for you guys.

Last month South Africa became more progressive than the US! How this happen? :shock: I mean people are trying to get ID (diet creatism) pushed into science classes in the US.

Is America standing still while the rest of the world moves on?

As far as I can reason, Pat Robertson worships the devil, which in his mind is guised as God. He is an affront to all that is good about the Christian faith, much like the evil Mullahs that spout invectives of molten hatred, which have besmirced and infected the religion of Islam, minimizing whatever redeemable attributes that it has. Both faiths possess the machinery of good imbedded within them; the followers of whichever faith just need to remove the defective cogs in the machinery, Bin Laden, Pat Robertson, the Ayatollah Khamenei, Jerry Falwell, et al. A cog that is always going against the flow of the other parts will consistently strip the machine bare and broken. Pat Robertson's ideology goes against all Christian precepts, like a bad cog fouling up the inside of a vast and wonderful machine. No easy feat, but people just need to quit listening to the certifiables to bring the machines back in their proper working order. Very simple and elementary to explain, but hard to put into working practice, especially for the Muslims.

Last edited:
He suggested the assassination of Chavez, maybe it's him who needs taking out, what a clown this man is.:roll:

Mathias said:
As far as I can reason, Pat Robertson worships the devil, which in his mind is guised as God. He is an affront to all that is good about the Christian faith, much like the evil Mullahs that spout invectives of molten hatred, which have besmirced and infected the religion of Islam, minimizing whatever redeemable attributes that it has. Both faiths possess the machinery of good imbedded within them; the followers of whichever faith just need to remove the defective cogs in the machinery, Bin Laden, Pat Robertson, the Ayatollah Khamenei, Jerry Falwell, et al. A cog that is always going against the flow of the other parts will consistently strip the machine bare and broken. Pat Robertson's ideology goes against all Christian precepts, like a bad cog fouling up the inside of a vast and wonderful machine. No easy feat, but people just need to quit listening to the certifiables to bring the machines back in their proper working order. Very simple and elementary to explain, but hard to put into working practice, especially for the Muslims.

If you believe that the Bible is the literal word of God, as 35% of Americans do, then Robertson's words probably make a lot of sense.

GarzaUK said:
Why does this guy have a show? Why does he when his voice is full of hate, predijuce and anger. This isn't the type of Christain Jesus Christ envisioned I can tell you that. Again I ask why does he have a show and how can America be a progressive nation when they are fanatics perverting the teachings of Christ (which they seem to ignore) on national TV. I feel sorry for you guys.

Last month South Africa became more progressive than the US! How this happen? :shock: I mean people are trying to get ID (diet creatism) pushed into science classes in the US.

Is America standing still while the rest of the world moves on?

He has a show because he has a large number of followers who take him seriously, and send him lots of money to televise himself. This is a Godsend to those of us who have a sense of humor. But he does not represent all of America.

I'm in Florida, where the District Court of Appeals has ruled the school voucher system, where public money can be laundered to private religious schools, UnConstitutional. Also, the I.D. ruse has been under fire in areas where it has been preached. I think its future is bleak.

http://www.floridians.org/newsf/04/081704.html

Deegan said:
He suggested the assassination of Chavez, maybe it's him who needs taking out, what a clown this man is.:roll:

It would have been ironic if he had been a casualty in the 'War on Christmas.' He probably had a deferment, though.

Back
Top Bottom