• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Roberts confirmed

Maybe I'm missing the point, but I meant, I had started this thread yesterday, now it says that Navy had, I want my credit gosh darnit!:mrgreen:

Deegan said:
Maybe I'm missing the point, but I meant, I had started this thread yesterday, now it says that Navy had, I want my credit gosh darnit!:mrgreen:

I started the same thread in the politics area.......I think Mgmt just combined the two my friend......

Navy Pride said:
I started the same thread in the politics area.......I think Mgmt just combined the two my friend......

Oh, that explains it, as long as the world now rejoices in the news, it matters very little.;)

I know sarcasm when I see it and dabble myself but:

I think our two party system is out of control on both sides of the isle. Republicans who just 10 years ago were for smaller government and paying for new spending are now hogs at the trough. Democrats who could have a voice in an investigation such as questioning former FEMA Director Brown would rather grandstand and boycott. Both political parties are detrimental to the business of the people being done and both are leaving their constituents behind. How could anyone be proud of what Republicans or Democrats are doing?

The solution is in the people, you and me. Non-Partisan registration, even if you agree with one side or the other would have an impact. Say 37% of the people are registered Republicans or Democrats and 63% are registered Non-Partisan. Don't you think Republicans and Democrats would have to wonder how the majority would vote? Wouldn't that make an incumbent a little less arrogant? How do you think that might affect the negative campaign we have to put up with rather than a Republican or Democrat actually having to put up or shut up? Why not expect them to tell us what they would do rather than how bad the other guy is? Aren't we smart enough to figure out that we deserve answers to our problems and people that have answers? Otherwise, is your wool growing thick fo the winter?

Partisan politics slow everything and especially the cure for the disease. My thinking? Republicans and Democrats at the national level are the bacteria and we need a healthy dose of vaccine.
:duel :cool:

Back
Top Bottom