• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Robbery-gone-wrong

lizzie

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
This was an odd local story from a few days ago. It kind of makes me shake my head and say "Hmm....." It's alsmost enough to make one believe in God. ;)
FORT WORTH A potential mass shooting at a fast-food restaurant was averted Tuesday night when a would-be robber’s gun malfunctioned as he pulled the trigger multiple times, police said.
When the gunman stepped outside and tried again, shots rang out, prompting one officer to suggest that divine intervention played a role in the outcome.
Fort Worth police say surveillance video captured the man pulling the trigger at least five times as he pointed his gun at people inside the McDonald’s at 4800 South Freeway while demanding their property.
Twice the man went outside and successfully fired the gun, once into the air and later toward a passing car. No one reported being injured, and responding officers soon arrested a suspect, identified as 24-year-old Jestin Anthony Joseph of Allen in Collin County.
Police could not explain why the gun didn’t fire inside the store.

Read more here: Gun misfires, prevents possible mass shooting at Fort Worth McDonald’s | Crime and ...

This was an odd local story from a few days ago. It kind of makes me shake my head and say "Hmm....." It's alsmost enough to make one believe in God. ;)

Always best to not resist that trending in thought.

Proably just a POS gun, like a Raven.
Very undependable.
Too bad an armed patron of the business didnt pull out a quality firearm and end the life of that worthless robber.

I'm going to guess that he started out without a round in the chamber. I can pull the trigger all day long on my PT 24/7 and get nothing but clicks if there's no round in the chamber. As far as the second time around I'm guessing that he never put the magazine back in all the way after he figured out what the initial problem was.

Maybe God just decided that this time it would be a good idea to send an idiot.

Proably just a POS gun, like a Raven.
Very undependable.
Too bad an armed patron of the business didnt pull out a quality firearm and end the life of that worthless robber.

To be honest with you, that's essentially what I said when the two men that I work with told me about the story yesterday. I was frankly surprised that the jerk had the chance to attempt shooting, go outside and fire the gun successfully, then come back in and try it again, without someone either taking him out, or otherwise putting a stop to his behavior.

My wife's view is that someone in that McDonalds was either a cosmic immortal (great or trial) temporarily living life fully as a mortal human OR someone highly important to one - and that a cosmic (metaphysical) being (same or different species) intervened. "God," however, is beyond comprehension speculating that "God" intervened can not be figured.

Giving mechanical basis for failure doesn't change that view because time and even thoughts are relatively flexible in terms of manipulation by some species of cosmic creatures.

My wife's view is that someone in that McDonalds was either a cosmic immortal (great or trial) temporarily living life fully as a mortal human OR someone highly important to one - and that a cosmic (metaphysical) being (same or different species) intervened. "God," however, is beyond comprehension speculating that "God" intervened can not be figured.

Giving mechanical basis for failure doesn't change that view because time and even thoughts are relatively flexible in terms of manipulation by some species of cosmic creatures.

Hmm, that's an interesting take. I think your wife and I could have a fascinating friendship with each other. There aren't very many people who are open-minded enough to even venture into that territory.

too bad someone didn't waste his sorry ass when he started trying to shoot people

Too bad the idiot didn't stare down the barrel and pull the trigger when he was outside.

Back
Top Bottom