• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Roadfood - website for "Authentic Regional Eats"

Aunt Spiker

Cheese
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
https://roadfood.com

A good website for foodies. Not a single big-name chain in sight.

I came across it while doing trip-planning. We're going on a round trip to California, hitting 10 states. Need some good food stops that will offer a tasty variety rather than tired old fastfood chains.

I came across it while doing trip-planning. We're going on a round trip to California, hitting 10 states. Need some good food stops that will offer a tasty variety rather than tired old fastfood chains.
Searching my city, I found quiet a few popular mainstream but reliable indie owned places - along with a few that were more obscure.

Based upon what I saw, I'd consider using this site as a resource.

Cool. THe last thing I want to do on a road trip is eat at the same old places I can eat in my home town.

I love the internet for this reason, you never have to pay for a bad meal again.

Thanks. resources like this is what makes the internet awesome. :)

Searching my city, I found quiet a few popular mainstream but reliable indie owned places - along with a few that were more obscure.

Based upon what I saw, I'd consider using this site as a resource.

I searched Washington and the third from the top was one of my favorite restaurants, the Poodle Dog in Fife, right outside of the port of Tacoma.

I eat here all the time, so I endorse that listing.

then they list a burger drive in joint I won't name, because I don't really care for them and I'm wondering how they make their list.... it's a duality here.

I searched Washington and the third from the top was one of my favorite restaurants, the Poodle Dog in Fife, right outside of the port of Tacoma.

I eat here all the time, so I endorse that listing.

then they list a burger drive in joint I won't name, because I don't really care for them and I'm wondering how they make their list.... it's a duality here.

I noticed one place isn't listed for California that I feel should be there - so I wrote them a request to consider it.

Not sure if that's how they curate things. Sounds like they actually have people go out and taste-test food.

I noticed one place isn't listed for California that I feel should be there - so I wrote them a request to consider it.

Not sure if that's how they curate things. Sounds like they actually have people go out and taste-test food.

Yea same with my city they don't have many entries and there are some good ones.
I looked through the website and I don't see any submission form or anything. They do have forums but there are none for the purpose of adding a resteraunt that I could find.

Last edited:
Yea same with my city they don't have many entries and there are some good ones.
I looked through the website and I don't see any submission form or anything. They do have forums but there are none for the purpose of adding a resteraunt that I could find.

They have several social media outlets - facebook, twitter, youtube, etc.

They have several social media outlets - facebook, twitter, youtube, etc.

I stay away from facebook and twitter. youtube really isn't the place for a submission.

wow, some very unhealthy food choices there

Which states are you going through if you don't mind my asking? I used to drive truck OTR, I may be able to recommend some stops for you, especially in CA depending upon your route.

Yelp has park reviews. You can use Yelp to find which park has the most delicious grass to graze on.

you'd think beef would be healthy according to him, since cows are 100% herbivorous.

you can think of it as eating refined vegetables.

Are you old enough to use this forum? That's not a very mature response.

Haha I was joking with ya. Btw, some members of my family were from the south, and ate the old southern diet. My great aunt died last year at 91, and ate whatever she wanted!

you'd think beef would be healthy according to him, since cows are 100% herbivorous.

you can think of it as eating refined vegetables.

Well really depends on the cows. Theres a lot of use of antibiotics and other things in beef that really shouldn't be there. I still eat steaks, burgers, etc. But some parts of Europe still use 100% natural beef, I wish we'd go back to that here.

wow, some very unhealthy food choices there

Moderator's Warning:
Firstly, this thread is about roadfood. It is not your place to BAIT people by making a comment like the above one.

eating like you're 5 five years old isn't a real smart long term plan.

Well I guess I have a dumb long term plan then.

Are you old enough to use this forum? That's not a very mature response.

Says the person who has a pathological hatred for meat.

Moderator's Warning:
Enough already. Some of you have been mucking up the Food Forum for weeks. I don't care who started it or who's responding to it. Lots of people are part of it. It stops NOW. I have spoken with several of you individually. If this continues to happen, I can GUARANTEE that some of you may get some significant restrictions. So, the "vegan vs. meat-eating" war stops now. Continue it and you will feel my wrath.

Back
Top Bottom