• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

RNC Votes to Block CNN, NBC from Hosting Debates.....

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Looks Like Priebus kept his word. The GOP has voted to block CNN and NBC out from any Republican Primaries. Only way they get in. Is to not run the Clinton Specials.

2013-08-12T224547Z_929823006_GM1E98D0IPY01_RTRMADP_3_USA.JPG

The Republican National Committee has approved a resolution to block two television networks from hosting GOP presidential primary debates.

Friday's vote affirms RNC chairman Reince Priebus's (ryns PREE'-bus) threat against CNN and NBC unless the networks drop plans to air programs about possible Democratic presidential contender Hillary Rodham Clinton. The vote at the committee's summer meeting in Boston was unanimous.....snip~

RNC votes to block CNN, NBC from hosting debates

*shrug* I personally think this was an excuse to do this

Even before the Clinton dispute, Republican leaders favored plans to have fewer presidential debates with more friendly moderators. They believe their 2012 presidential candidates spent too much time beating up each other in last year's months-long primary season, which contributed to Mitt Romney's loss.

artificially limiting candidate exposure =

shootfoot.jpg

I'm not going to pretend all of the moderators were removed from exposing their liberal biases, but this seems rather silly to me. Insulation at a time when they need to expose themselves? Not good. Republicans need to stop acting like Democrats did before and after the 2008 election.

a) Why would they want their debates on CNN and NBC anyway - no one is watching those networks.

b) The RNC is free to do what it wants. Rarely do they do a lot that make sense, finally they nailed one.

So, Republicans are so far in their bubble that they admit to being unable to perform well in debates without their own pet moderators?

So, Republicans are so far in their bubble that they admit to being unable to perform well in debates without their own pet moderators?

Asking them any difficult questions is just showing your bias. At least if we go by what was said in the last round.

Well, running that many Primary Debates during a Presidents re-election wasn't to smart in the first place. Also they should know how the MSmedia will play it. So there is no excuse.

a) Why would they want their debates on CNN and NBC anyway - no one is watching those networks.

b) The RNC is free to do what it wants. Rarely do they do a lot that make sense, finally they nailed one.

You can't remove yourself from the general public. The Fox News channel has the most viewers, but it doesn't have the most diverse. Republicans need to attack Democrats anywhere they can, and that would include some media outlets with large audience potential.

You can't remove yourself from the general public. The Fox News channel has the most viewers, but it doesn't have the most diverse. Republicans need to attack Democrats anywhere they can, and that would include some media outlets with large audience potential.

Heya Fiddy.
yo2.gif
While I agree with you on the issue that Republicans should be attacking the Democrats in all the corners they hide out in. (Bring out the Pointed shoes too) There still is CBS and ABC to go along with Fox. As well as Public Television.

Heya Fiddy.
yo2.gif
While I agree with you on the issue that Republicans should be attacking the Democrats in all the corners they hide out in. (Bring out the Pointed shoes too) There still is CBS and ABC to go along with Fox. As well as Public Television.

Absolutely correct, but Republicans axed two options, obviously a third (MSNBC), already making one wary about CBS's chances. ABC and Fox would be the only two large options. I love Public Broadcasting, but two things go against it. First, the audience is not massive, in comparison. Second, I think it would be a bit of a PR problem considering the immense perception that the GOP is in favor f completely altering PBS and NPR's model.

Why would anybody want to listen to politicians debate anyway? What a waste of time. Why does anybody pay attention to what politicians say anywhere? It's just a prevarication contest.

Why would anybody want to listen to politicians debate anyway? What a waste of time. Why does anybody pay attention to what politicians say anywhere? It's just a prevarication contest.

People who aren't whiny cynics.

Absolutely correct, but Republicans axed two options, obviously a third (MSNBC), already making one wary about CBS's chances. ABC and Fox would be the only two large options. I love Public Broadcasting, but two things go against it. First, the audience is not massive, in comparison. Second, I think it would be a bit of a PR problem considering the immense perception that the GOP is in favor f completely altering PBS and NPR's model.

Well my thought was if they held 6 that's two each. Which still would be 4 with MSMedia and 2 with Fox. The rest would have to be earned the Ole fashion way on the stump.
shrug.gif

So what does this mean? Only fox will air the primary debates, and they aren't cutting any of the debates?

It will be interesting to see how it turns out for them.

Looks Like Priebus kept his word. The GOP has voted to block CNN and NBC out from any Republican Primaries. Only way they get in. Is to not run the Clinton Specials.

The Republican National Committee has approved a resolution to block two television networks from hosting GOP presidential primary debates.

Friday's vote affirms RNC chairman Reince Priebus's (ryns PREE'-bus) threat against CNN and NBC unless the networks drop plans to air programs about possible Democratic presidential contender Hillary Rodham Clinton. The vote at the committee's summer meeting in Boston was unanimous.....snip~

That's what I think could happen. They'll give the democrats more opportunity to define their candidates than the candidates defining themselves.

Or maybe it will work to their advantage.

artificially limiting candidate exposure =

View attachment 67152188

DEms should pray for Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity et al since they will opine with their questions. Then, Dems should not wallow in the same liquid manure and not comment. Dems worst nightmare continue to be Christie. Christie/Noot 2016

This would be your opinion, but the fact is we are talking about primary debates not general election debates. What good would one of these debates be on a leftist network anyway - few people would watch - then they'd say look no one is watching. They can reach all they need without NBC/CNN. Hold a debate on CBS, ABC and FOX. Plenty of diverse populations will enjoy and besides - haven't you seen? MSNBC cuts and clips most of the debates for their airing anways.

So what does this mean? Only fox will air the primary debates, and they aren't cutting any of the debates?

It will be interesting to see how it turns out for them.

It means NBC and CNN wont be holding any of their Debates. As far as cutting the Debates well we shall see. Even Preibus mentioned having fewer.

Even before the Clinton dispute, Republican leaders favored plans to have fewer presidential debates with more friendly moderators. They believe their 2012 presidential candidates spent too much time beating up each other in last year's months-long primary season, which contributed to Mitt Romney's loss.....snip~

That's kind of stupid. I think the primaries helped Clinton a lot, even of Obama won, she connected with a lot of people and we learned a lot about her as her own political force. I would say that it also helped Romney in the year McCain won.

It means NBC and CNN wont be holding any of their Debates. As far as cutting the Debates well we shall see. Even Preibus mentioned having fewer.

Even before the Clinton dispute, Republican leaders favored plans to have fewer presidential debates with more friendly moderators. They believe their 2012 presidential candidates spent too much time beating up each other in last year's months-long primary season, which contributed to Mitt Romney's loss.....snip~

They should ban CNN just based on Candy Crowley's clearly lopsided moderation job in the Presidential debate. I think it is funny that she can't resist slighting the GOP about this documentary for not appreciating the nuance that this documentary was not done by CNN proper--they are just showing it.

thank goodness! the drinking games during the last set of Repub primary debates just about did in my liver... now I have other things to watch! my doctor will be happy!

Especially when her question(s) wasn't/weren't) answered the first, second and third times it/they) was/were) asked. With that, do you expect Limbaugh-type moderators to try and hurt C. Christie for being normal and not a loon?
They should ban CNN just based on Candy Crowley's clearly lopsided moderation job in the Presidential debate. I think it is funny that she can't resist slighting the GOP about this documentary for not appreciating the nuance that this documentary was not done by CNN proper--they are just showing it.

C. Christie will guarantee a huge audience, no matter which loon moderators are chosen. Repup women will come back. Centrist Dems, private-union and secret public-union folks like him. I liked his "we have a gender problem in NJ, we're up +29" quote.
That's kind of stupid. I think the primaries helped Clinton a lot, even of Obama won, she connected with a lot of people and we learned a lot about her as her own political force. I would say that it also helped Romney in the year McCain won.

Back
Top Bottom